2 comments

General

Dinah Dugery couldn’t remember why it was important that she sought help from this grungy house but she knew it was absolutely necessary. It’s mystic mystery called out to every fibre in her body as she slowly approached it’s ebony door. A dreary feeling ran through her body with each steady step. But all her life’s lessons could never prepare her for what would become of her once she entered that slummy door.



With a deep intake of breath she went to knock on its coarse surfaces but instead it was opened and her breath caught as she gazed at what stood behind it. A man, so ghostly pale he could make snow jealous with peppered hair of waxed obsidian and a broad chest bearing trenchant pecks of sturdy steel.


Dinah would have simply branded him off as a sun loathing muscle devourer had she not caught sight of his formidable hallmark. The hair on her neck stood and her breath hitched as she peered at two swirling Cimmerian orbs. Something about them riled her. They oozed peculiarity.


He gave a toothy cheshire smile as his basalt eyes stared her down almost as if he was expecting her.


"Hello, I'm Connor" he said as he extended his hand.


"Dinah Dugery" she replied with a feeling tugging at the pit of her stomach. "I feel like I know you"


"You've probably seen me around."


"Probably." She regarded him once again.


"Is there something I can help you with?"


Dinah felt her tongue grow go dry, as if the question had triggered an offset barrage of questions.


What was she doing there? How did she get there? Suddenly she couldn't remember.


Her brows furrowed as she looked back on the road "There was but I can’t remember, I'm sorry I should go."


"Nonsense. It’s freezing out there atleast come in and warm yourself." His openness struck her to where she hadn't even noticed her unconscious head nod.


Who lets a stranger into their house? Was he an idiot or just too trusting?


Either way she was the bigger idiot for accepting the invitation. But she couldn't deny the draconian pull seeping out of his home's serrated crust. Something wasn’t right and soon enough she would find out what it was. He took her arm and shuffled her inside ever so delicately. His polished boot clicked as he followed after her . 


The first thing she notice was the artic air. A chilling waft pricked her skin like billions of microscopic, ice-cold pins and needles. It was moist and unforgiving, as it crept up her delicate flesh and suckled on its warmth.


The second thing she noticed was the evasive sent. Rising odours of minty mothballs breeched her sensed. The pungent heaviness tickled her nostrils. It was so overbearingly putrid that she almost hadn't even noticed a tinge of blood.


Blood?



The last thing she noticed......... was that she couldn't notice. She found herself completely immersed in an abysmal void of caliginosity. Darkness succumbed the room. It was a place where no good ever lingered. A place where fear overruled logic. A place where even light scurried at the sight of darkness. Shadowy creatures thrived there amongst murky crevices.


"Connor why is it so dark in here?" Dinah questioned but was only met with a deafening silence.


"Connor?"


Her heart began to pound viciously against her rib cage as she turned. Utter Darkness with no sign of the off-kilter house owner.


"Connor!" She could suddenly feel gravity's cumbersome weight tugging at her stomach. Her perspiring palms began to slightly shake.


“Connor?” She almost choked on her words as an animalistic malicious snarl penetrated the air.


She turned and rushed towards the door but as she reach for the knob chills ran up her spine. The door she entered from was no longer there.


"Wha-"


BOOM! Suddenly the ground beneath her began to violently quake. Her heart ran a mile a minute as the room began to revolve sending her sliding across the floor and thumping into a wall while Bitter bile rose to her throat.


But before she could even gather her thoughts a blood curdling screech pierce her ears. She rolled on her side, frightened and immediately felt a cold metallic object poke her side. A door knob!


Without hesitation she yanked it open and found herself plummeting into a thick layer of stygian mistiness. Her ear splitting screams echoed as she crashed into a concrete pavement. Her almost crippling collapse sent pain shooting up her right side.


"What the hell!"



Abruptly another ear shattering screech beat against her ear. Her perturbed heart immediately plunged to the pits of restlessness as the screaming continued.



Dina peered up in search of its source. It was coming from a winding stair way. But as she slowly stood she caught sight of the most nightmarish, grotesque creature looming at the side of the dusky room ,with slimy pallid skin that shrivelled as its chest contracted and scathing scraggy ears that perked at her gasp. It had five full rows of sharp , elongated conoid teeth and jagged paws that resembled more of inked menacing pocket knives. What struck Dina most was his eyes. Familiar basalt orbs stared back at her but it's peculiarity was now recognized as cataclysmic malevolence.


"Connor?"


The creature hissed and immediately lounged at her. Without thought Dinah dashed toward the stairway desperate to evade the macabre beast but as she reached she felt its ferocious paws wrap around her leg. Its disgusting slime dripped into chilling pools on her skin.


In that moment Dinah knew if she didn’t get out of the God forsaken house her demise would be inevitable and soon coming. She tousled with the creature and used her alternate foot to attempt hurting it. The creature whined as one of her worn out converses jabbed between the creases of his eye.


Dinah thought with this distraction she could twist her now throbbing foot out of his deathly grasp but instead the beast released the most petrifying roar of rage. Vexation seeped through it’s pores in the form of steam and instantaneously his sharp teeth pierced her flesh.


With the most excruciating pain sprinting up her body Dinah screamed at the top of her lungs.


Her screams didn’t go unnoticed. No, of course her screams bounced of the walls and travelled through the room, up the winding stairway and through another mysterious door just to prick at the ears of a trembling figure nestled within the corner of a dark room.


There you sat, silent tremors overtaking your body. She was back. That forgetful idiot Dinah Dugery and if she managed to escape the crawling creature once more your life was the one truly at stake.


She used to be your best friend a few years back in your more youthful stage, when the days where long and the nights short. When the earth once to bathed in sunlight and the world basked it musky magnificence. Don’t worry I don’t expect you to remember her. She doesn’t remember you either. Your time together was erased from your memories but soon enough you’ll both find yourselves at the steps of this daunting house. You’ll find yourself in that same fatal position desperate to keep your life and she’ll forever be coming back not remembering her purpose. You can’t escape this. It’s your fate. Every decision you’ve ever made lead up to that moment. Your time had come, death was knocking at your door and if you didn’t dispatch of that forgetful girl your fate would undoubtedly crumble to deaths will.



So as the door opened and the girl stumbled through you attacked her petit structured, tearing, clawing and brutally beating. Your blood had tainted the room before but you knew her blood was what would sate the beastly creature and her blood you would give it. You tackled her, screaming like a pained banshee with sloppy fists and a hazy mind.


But suddenly your drained state finally caught up to you and that was all Dinah needed to get the upper hand. Pretty soon her hand clasped around your throat as she picked you up and threw you across the room. You collapse to the floor, scared and scarred as you watch her small figure reach for the last door: the exit. There’s nothing you can do now. You hear a familiar snarl as you watch the girl retreat once again. Never mind dear one, pretty soon she’ll be back if you aren’t already dead by then.


Dinah exited the abhorrent house rushing down the pavement and through the broken gates. Her heart thumped and her head pounded as spirals graced her sight. She had no idea where she was going but she knew she had to get away.


“Help!” she screamed as she ran along the dilapidated desolate road. She ran and ran for miles with her throat growing dry and her body growing weak.


But soon she found that the further she ran the more the memories of that house seeped from her mind and eventually the only memory that stained her brain was a feeling. A feeling of dread and desperation. It overtook her body and fuelled her adrenaline. She knew she needed help as she ran for what seemed to be hours before she spotted sight of a house.


Hope!


She surged forward but as soon as she reached its broken gates her knees buckled. She completely forgot what she was running from but continued forward into the yard seeking help from some sort of human life.


With every step she took a weird feeling slowly crept up her spine as she peered at the rayless house. She approached its steps and was immediately about to knock on its when the door opened and behind it stood a burly pale man. He smiled at her with fresh blood flavouring his tongue. Basalt like eyes stared intensely at her.


“Hello I’m Connor.”





May 23, 2020 02:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

01:52 May 24, 2020

You go girl ‼️

Reply

Kioni Richards
13:16 May 27, 2020

🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.