Unstable

Written in response to: End your story with two characters reconciling.... view prompt

0 comments

Black Drama Inspirational

Who’s at the door said lola the first child of Mr Philip the Ceo of dove bread, she ran to the door and open behold it’s Musa her father’s personal driver where is my father said lola, musa handling over Mr Philips bag to lola, her mother rushed to the scene unworried and said take the bag upstairs your daddy had an urgent appointment he travelled to lagos, he’s coming back tomorrow, Mr musa handed over the car key to Mrs Philip and he left, lola was quite sad about not seeing her father returned from work, because earlier before he left for work In the morning he promised lola a bowl of ice cream and snack, while Mrs Philip was washing the dishes they used to eat dinner In the kitchen called lola boldly, where is your brother she said, she’s sleeping upstairs lola said, go and check on him, so lola rushed upstairs to check on her little brother Desmond, Desmond just turn 4 recently, Desmond was already awake, he cried for a while since nobody was their, a liquid medicated soap that was used to treat skin rashes for lola was left on a shelf, so the soap caught Desmond’s attention so he struggled to climb up the shelf with the help of his toy bicycle In the room, he was able to get the soap, so he struggled and open the soap, the soap has a very nice fragrance because it’s was made of vanilla flavor, it has the same fragrance like the regular vanilla ice cream, so he open and start to suck out the liquid soap, before lola got to where Desmond was , he has almost finished sucking the whole soap, lola shouted mummy, her mummy rushed upstairs to check what the problem may be, she got to the scene she shouted Jesus , she couldn’t no what to do , she hurriedly called musa to come and drive them to the hospital because she has weak eyesight, musa replied that he will be there in minutes but after 30 musa haha t gotten to the house meanwhile she had already called Mr Philip and told him what happened, Mr Philip called the family doctor to come to the house but he couldn’t pick the call because he was carry out a surgery in the theatre, so he encouraged his wife to find a means of driving the car to the nearest hospital, she wasn’t having an option of calling for help because they lived in a developing estate, only few family stays within the estate. So she rushed her son to the car and started the car, she drove very slowly and careful, but her son Desmond couldn’t make it, he died before they got to the hospital, she cried very hard throughout the night, as she returned to the house, she met musa at the gate, he accused musa of killing his son, she forced musa out of the compound and shut the gate and continue crying, the following morning Mr Philip came backs home, his wife explained everything that transpired between she and musa, he was so infuriated, how can musa do this to me said Mr Philip, Mr Philip has been musa Boss, for the passes 7 years, he pays his two kids school fees and monthly he usually send foods stuffs to musa wife and kids, Mr Philip was really angry, after burying his son, he sacked musa and ask Him to pack out if his house, and he also withdrew his children from school, musa came to appeal to his boss, but Mr Philip disagree and asked his newly employed security to throw him out , musa relocated to a very remote area, the money Philip paid him he invested it In agriculture but couldn’t afford education for his children so they started farming together. Musa and his family in the farming they were doing well but not better than when he was working for Philip, he was able to enroll his son Felix into school, but the other two female he couldn’t. Felix was only Musa’s hope for future, Felix is a very hardworking student, very serious and brilliant, the public school where Felix attend annually they usually pick the best student and send the child to abroad for scholarship, luckily Felix was elected and he won the award, musa had an interview with the press and the it’s was broadcasted on the television, Mrs Philip watched the program she was really sad with musa, she still has the intention of retaliating if she has the opportunity because she strongly believes musa was responsible for Desmond death. Mr Philip couldn’t have another child so lola became the only child of the family, she was over pampered, she became very spoilt and naughty, her parent send her abroad to further her education but she got herself in drugs she was deported, meanwhile Felix was really doing great academically, Felix graduated as a doctor , he got a good paying job and was doing great in a government own hospital in Abuja, as at this point his younger siblings were already married, he’s father and mother ware quite old….

While Felix was at work on a faithful day, young pretty lady was rushed to the hospital, with cuts all over her body, she was a drug addict, Felix gave the lady attention treated her, after some hours of rest, she became conscious of where she was an what she has done to herself, Felix started a conversation with her, an he realized that she was a very good person but she was Influenced by bad friends, as they continue the interaction Mr Philip and his wife came in, they were so happy to see the doctor speaking with Lola , because she doesn’t talk to anyone again after she was deported, they all interacted together till later In the evening when lola was discharged, Mr Philip begged Felix to always visit them in order to talk to lola, that was how they continued several visits , then Felix fell in love with lola. This has been Mrs philip earnest prayer so she was so happy, lola got pregnant for Felix, so thy had to rush the wedding rights, so Felix was to bring his parent to meet the family of Philip, they selected a date, Felix drove his parent on his car to the house his father recognized the house, he told his son it’s a no go area, he should forget about it, after narrating what happened to his son, his son persuaded him till he agrees to follow him to the house of Mr Philip. Mr and Mrs Philip were really disappointed seeing musa as the father of Felix, they argued and quarreled for long but they eventually settled and they bless the union of their children…..

August 11, 2023 21:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.