THE CHURCH WANDERER

Written in response to: Write a story inspired by the phrase “Back to square one.”... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Fiction Mystery

What is your purpose in life? Where does life leading you through?. By this time you would have reached what you wanted in life but look at you, are you enjoying the fruits of your labor? How come? You have everything now , a nice looking guy you are living with and have four children who have their own family and here you are brooding what has gone wrong with your life. Is it that you got confused of the doctrines you have followed but didn't find the peace and happiness you were looking for? Let's begin when you were able to convince your husband to join you in a church whose beliefs is founded that there is only one God the Creator of the Universe, that He has created you for a purpose. In this church you were exposed to the strict rules of living in accordance to the church doctrines they supposed to be written in the bible, the church of God. In this church you were introduced to observe the early Christian tradition of what is not allowed for you to do in the obervance of what they call God's festivals. These festivals include the Passover when Jesus Christ the Redeemer, King of the Jews who was put to death because of the physical miracles he performed to heal the sick and even put back the life of the dead. Many are confused about this church doctrine of his becoming a Saviour, who was hang on the cross and said to redeem His people who has committed sins in the. world. What is the basis of committing sin? In biblical parlance it is person who is not following the rules God has commanded like Ten Commandments and people say it is already obsolete but to the diehard Christians God Commandments will not change but it is forever. What is very imporytant to His commandment is to live in God's righteousness and possess His Godly character. His Godly character is embodied in the book of Corinthians called the fruits of the Holy Spirit. It says that because the indwelling Holy Spirit is, in us if you do not have enough undertanding of how it works in your life it will remain a mystery since the physical manifestation can only be reflected on your charitable activities like feeding the poor, visiting the sick and available to do volunteer work. Marcel as a wife tried to do these things maybe to impress or follow the church doctrines and so she pulled her family together with her husband Juanito and her four children. to this church Their children followed not to eat unclean food. They followed the observance of the Sabbath, a day of rest on Saturday. They attended church festivals to go to a certain place to fortaste the life in the kingdom of God. This is a promise of the church leader to their members and if not followed they were disfellowship or they cancel his church membership. To stay in church you must practice tithing that is you have to contribute 10 % of ypour earnings to the church and you will prosper because God will bless you. Marcel working as an accountant and her husband a security guard were comfortable to contribute 10 % to the churcch until something happened. The church they were following has splintered hearing the leaders had squandered the money of the church owning personal properties like private jets to visit church locations around the globe and it became a family business. To that effect many members were disgruntled and group themselves together as a church but the original church of God change their name and the new set of leaders went back to the practice of mainstream Christians of not paying the 10% but gave what they are able and what amount they can give cheerfully. This changes in the church didn.t budge Marcel's church beliefs and what she did is to increase her community work and be visible to the community by way of volunteering. This didn't set well to the church pastor for the main reson he was not consulted by Marcel. Marccl find this offensive gestuire of his pastor when her purpose is to spresd the mission of the church to participate in community work to live with the people of God. Why is it so important for the pastor to be consulted first? Is it because Marcel would get the credit not him? Marcel continued what she was doing in the community until one day she decided to leave the church whom she serve for sometime. Her family didn't follow her but they stayed in the original church being members for more than forty years. Will Marcel find the peace she is looking in a church. Hopefully she plans to do the same thing she is doing in he church where she came from. She felt the emptiness of what she is doing the real happiness she is looking for in living the life of a Christian. At home Juanito was wondering why Marcel left when he knows the church is just doing what is right where their pastor emphasized the great love of God to His people. In the beginning his very purpose is to make his Creation happy. to give all what they need,. Unfortunately the first couple He created from His own image and likeness didn't follow his command not to touch the fruit of good and evil so the world went into chaos and committed sin after sin until God sent His only Son Jesus to carry the Cross of Redemption. If every Christian will understand all these mysteries can he be sure to live according to God's will and follow His precepts? Surely he will. God will fulfill His promises no matter what happens as long as men will change their ways. As a Christian always go back to His promises . not to hate but love, not to harm but to protect, to be generous not to be selfish, and to believe Him and follow Jesus you will have eternal life. In the new church of Marcel she has to relearn what she already knows and what works ensure her happiness when she is alienated to her own family. She is back to where she started and she may stumble if she is not careful. Eyes of the new church is focus on her if she is going to follow the many church doctrines of being a Christian. Where did you find a church who does not practice the receiving of the bread and the public viewing of the dead. The central focus is to help the poor to lift them up in their livelihood, provide shelter and attend to the sick. Christians cannot answer all the needs in this world but they can contribute to alleviate the sufferings of the people. Can Marcel find what she is looking for in this church. We hope so.

April 16, 2023 22:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.