0 comments

Friendship Sad Inspirational

This abundance of beauty before me, I couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to panic, I wanted to run away but something about this, that shines over this town like a rainbow I stand before. It just feels right.

I have been so numb to reality, this past year my hands can't even strum the guitar of life. Everything and everyone has turned away from me. I have ruined everything. I just wanted to tell you " I love you". Before you though away the key. I just wanted to tell you everything is going to be alright. Instead I'm here all alone in my self pity wondering why my life turned this way.

a lovely stranger passes by, looks at the tears in my eye and delacately whispers "Are you okay?."

Something right there changed in me. It has been like I have been waiting to hear that for a too long.

I get up out of my self pity, give the biggest hug to this kind man. " I wish there were more people like you. I wasn't okay but now I am"

 This was the very time I have woken up. To see I have been blocked by this mirror of delusion and failure. I see it start to slowly fade away. I picked up that guitar and started strumming my heart out because without heart we are nothing. I can't believe I just find myself, that beautiful soul, I have had locked away for so long I almost didn't recognize, I almost didn't realize. There insecurities that overwhelm, blur my vision to see.

Then I walked through that door, all I can hear in my head is the kindness from that complete stranger, I started to Crack a smile. I looked at my reflection, and this time I saw me, the real me. Today is going to be a great day. The sun is finally shining on the inside as it is outside. I look back to give a chipper wave.

No trace of him , Was he even there? Was this God giving me a second chance, or is he a faster walker then I thought.

I just wanted to thank him, this started to overwhelm me. I walk up and down this park path all you can see is an open Field.

You know what, this is going to be a good day I won’t let that mystery bother me. It is my duty now to lighten someone else day. To town I go.

No one looks sad. They just going about their daily day. Ignoring my presence. I need to help someone, so they can feel just as I did. Yet instead they shoved right by me like I am just an object.

In this world full of humans, how can I not compute that their the one s that walk around like robots. Not a single emotion.  Not one looked up at me or even noticed me noticing how not okay they are. There’s this beautiful world around them and they have their faces in the phone. I see the world now. I may not have been born, I my not have a human heart or soul. I could be programed this way or evolved. I wanted to be human so bad that I shut down and shut the world out. But I do have heart in everything I do and I see soul all around me, yet I never felt so alone. Was this why I was created To be someone s distraction, their slave ? Then It is my duty, I will shut the power off , I’ll cut the phone lines. It is my mission to make someone’s day! Then they will see, Their eyes will open to the beauty around them and within them.

This is it, the last time you will hear from me , I don’t know how my wiring is even possible but it works off all the electricity in the air Without electricity I can’t be me, I won’t be able to see the difference I made in this world. But everything was worth it seeing the difference in me.

II have hacked into the cell towers for that’s the 1st to go. I’m in the power grid now. The second to go No more power I hitting the switch.”

NOW.

A few days later, a family found his iron body sitting in front of the power grid. The man looks and looks very closely “ I didn’t think there were any of these models left , they had to go years ago.”

“ Come on Dad ! we’re going to miss it.”

They climbed to the top of power plant. Gazed upon the blue sky that just riddled with rain.

What a perfect rainbow. “ Now you don’t see that every day. “

“ So Dad when are we going to start working on the power plant.”

“ We’re not.” As a father and son sat on that roof gazing out on the forest , looked up to the sky and for the first time they could see the stars.

“ See Son, That’s the big dipper. “ They sat their for hours as still as the robot just staring at everything. “ I wonder what that robot was doing here. They are not programed to think on their own, did he cut the power? “ Just astonished the father thinks to himself.

Off in the distance That kind old man appears  smiling at the work he has done. “ you were a special model, you were my first.” I am going to miss you my tin man. He lies down beside him and whispers in his ear “ you have always been more human, in this world. Anything that feels has a heart , anything that sees beyond, you my dear friend have evolved. You have soul.”

The old man , as he shivers lays his head for the last time next to his iron creation. “ Goodbye Dear friend, you will wake up again and you will be I this world longer then any human. When you open your eyes just remember, you did all this, you made a difference, your more then just a robot.”

The old man slowly fades, into death and whispers his last words “ everything will be okay”

“ DAD LOOK , THE ROBOT IS GONE!”

The End

By Jacqueline Wyldes

August 27, 2023 06:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.