0 comments

Crime Horror Mystery

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

You are the number 1 suspect in my family's disappearance. Now you ask me to come here. why I am here? 

I called you because I can trust you.. because you will do what I ask. You see I know what happened to your wife, your boy. They are is missing still, right? 

If you know anything tell me now! Don’t be fucking around!

Calm down, sit down, and listen. I promise you will find what you are looking for. Just be patient detective…you will get all you need and more. 

I’m calm, I’m listening.

Good boy.Good boy indeed. Always following directions. Always doing the right thing. Came here by yourself just like I asked. You are so brave, a real her.

I wouldn’t say, hero. I just do what I can to put criminals where they belong.. Place missing pieces together.

That's funny, couldn’t piece together where your family is though–

You asshole..

.I was once like you detective. Listen to Father, Father knows best…He sure the hell didn’t know the best, but he sure did bleed out the best, as I felt his warm blood ooze through my hand I could feel his soul his heart. Detective, have you ever seen anyone die? See them take their last breath? 

Yes, I have once..

Do tell.

I will share after you tell me why you brought me here- You are right I did all you asked. Now it’s time for you to do the same. I’m here for answers, not storytime. 

I was walking, watching, Many nights you stayed up caring for your son. Checking his temperature, calling doctors. You were nothing like my father. my dad tried to kill me a few times. Jabbed knives in me for fun, and let me bleed out. Somehow I always survived, maybe angles watching over me... He was furious when  I slit Nick's throat before he could. I took his prize away from him. He always got the prize. I was just the pawn, the bait. I pulled them in and he finished them off. He had all the fun. took all the prizes. Not a good father like you, sharing your prizes. You and your partners have each other's back, Share in the prizes you know all about that.

Tell me what you did to my family! Where are their bodies?-

You shouldn’t yell, you never yelled at your son. You loved him so much didn’t ya?. Even though he was always sick. He had anemia, not good at all. 

Don’t you dare talk about him. You don’t know anything about him. You are not my son! You took my son! My wife.

You are so wrong, detective. I spared your life. You are not my prize, you are special to me.  You should be thanking me. This is why I brought you here to my home my hideout you might call it. Your wife is alive, and the boy is as well. 

You are sick, crazy! Your fingerprints were found! I know it was you, there was just not enough evidence..You are so lucky-

Lucky!  Lucky you and your friends couldn’t do to me what you did to others. Play God. Do the right thing..Kill and rid the filth of the Earth.

What! You don’t know what- what are you talking about?

 What you found was a  house in shambles..a few splatters of blood here and there, and my fingerprints…You found a setup! 

Who would set you up? Why would anyone have the motive to do such a thing?

Motive? There are lots of things that motivate people to detective. All motivation is some form of revenge. We all a revenging parts of ourselves we want to kill.  Concour it this is what motivates us, humans, animals,  it fuels all motive. Work is revenge to get more than all those who doubted you. Get the better car, House. Job.  Buy all the fancy clothes, revenge, for someone who once looked down on you. Hell, you even have a family to the revenge for a better upbringing. Proof to the world you are better,e a better man, husband, and father

I get i..So who sought revenge after you?

.Have you ever heard of the Cutthroats?

Yes, of course.Psychos that went around murdering innocent people... Monsters.  They are a closed case, all are dead now. Each one was captured. Each one hung themselves upon imprisonment to ensure their silence.  Just an. urban legend now. 

Psychos..yes. Monsters..yes. Legend yes. My dad was the leader of the Cutthroat Clan, along with his beautiful wife, my Mom..You know her as your Tina-

Tina? My wife? You Liar!

Well, wait a minute detective. How well do you know “your” Tina? You have surely done the research. A background check.Nothing there right? Not even a speeding ticket, a ghost like the rest of the Cutthroats. Closed case, no case,..urban legend, all clean. 

I loved her, there was nothing evil about her. She would never be a part of any evil clan or harm anyone. I spent 4 years with her! 

Did she get pregnant real quick? Ha, you rushed the marriage, shotgun wedding! I always loved that phrase..Shotgun! Not my style though, coatthroats use knives. There is something very special about a knife. The way it feels gliding through the layers of flesh. Ooh, and when it hits a bone! What a rush!

Where is my family? I’m here like you asked, by myself as you ask. Give me the answers as you promised…

Ok.

Ok

.You were next on our list. You took in one of our leaders. Do you remember Lucus Miller? He hung himself too, do you remember? 

Lucus the serial killer, took the lives of 7 innocent people that we know o..Scum

Scum! More like the father of the year! Nothing like my old, old man. He didn’t beat me, or stab me, he shared. Mom loved him for that.

Wait...Are you tellin-

That’s right you dumb fuck, you took away my new step-daddy! The new leader of the Cutthroats!

Mom wasn’t too happy about it either. You pigs beat him to death and then hung him, just like the others. You and your buddies made it look like a suicide ya piece of Shit! 

We did nothing to them! You have no proof. 

Where are they? Where is my Son? I want answers, now! No more of your bullshit!.

Ooh, Mom was going to make you suffer..ya know seduce ya, bleed ya bank and ya blood then watch you drown in your pity and blood.. That prize wasn’t hers though. Nope, not hers to claim. Ya see we Cutthroats have a code. Mom and Dad came up with it a long time ago.  Whoever gets the most cries, claims the kill prize… 

I WANT MY SON!

If you had done your research you would know that sickle cell anemia is hereditary. A parent must have the trait..You didn’t carry either did good ole mom!

Not your son detective, Lucus’s son…

WHERE ARE THEY  YOU SON OF A BITCH?

Behind you.

A nice clean-cut little brother.Clean and deep across his throat. Not bad at all for a 4-year-old heh Mom…

That blood kinda feels like nice warm slime doesn’t it baby...Mommy is so proud of you! You are now and forever a Cutthroat.

Mom, I don’t get it how did little brother get to claim the prize and not me? I really wanted to kill him! Calling Step-Daddy Lucus scum, the dirty pig!..

The code, son. Who gets the most cries, claims the kill prize…I took everything from him, his money, his child..none of his tears ever amounted to what he shed because of your little brother…No one makes you cry more than your own child.. especially a sick one.

Well done little brother, well done…

February 20, 2023 04:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.