Montreal Prosecco

Submitted into Contest #108 in response to: Write a story about a voyage on a boat.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Friendship Romance

“Wow we are actually doing this, I can’t believe it,” says Monica. “Yes, we are doing it, we are doing it whoo, viva Montreal and hello poutine whoo,” yells K-Rod. “The weather is just perfect bright and sunny not a cloud in the sky come on the Anna Fernanda is begging to get out of the confines of the cramped boat basin of New York City,” Christoph mentions. K-Rod puts his arm around Christoph with a drink in hand, “Don’t you worry Anna Fernanda is ready to be set free, free, free and out to the waters to the north, King of the north,” yells K-Rod. Christoph smiles, “So let’s get to it, what are we waiting for?” “We are waiting for Daritza, who wanted to join in on the fun since she’s never been on a boat before,” Monica mentions. “What are you kidding me she’s never been on a boat before?” asks K-Rod. “No, she hasn’t hell she’s never even been on the Staten Island Ferry either,” Monica points out. Christoph looks stunned, “What no way are you kidding me not even the school bus color Staten Island Ferry wow everybody who’s lived in New York has been on the ferry at least once in their lives.” Monica shrugs her shoulders, “Well she’s the first apparently,” “Hey look there is Daritza coming now, “as K-Rod takes off his shades as Daritza with her sundress with brown/black cheetah print Blumoon sandals as her auburn hair flows walking towards the pier. Monica puts a hand on K-Rod’s shoulder “Okay K-Rod relax, I know your kind of on a prowl after being single for a few months and you’re ready to get back at it again, Daritza is in a complicated situation with her ex.” K-Rod looks at Monica a little puzzled, “What do you mean complicated? You said her ex so that means he is out of play and she’s a free agent ready to be picked up.” K-Rod laughs, Monica gives a swift kick at K-Rod’s jewels. Christoph laughs, “Oh man brought you down to size huh K-Rod your big mouth always getting you in trouble.”  K-Rod kneels in pain as Daritza comes running wondering what is happening, “Oh K-Rod are you okay what happened?”, “Oh, I’m okay just got a bad leg cramp for the long run I had yesterday,” as K-Rod winces in pain. Monica hugs Daritza, “Hey so glad you are able to join us it’s going to be a lot of fun.” Daritza smiles, “Oh I can’t wait I’ve never been on a boat before.” Christoph hugs and kisses Daritza on the right cheek, “Welcome aboard on the Anna Fernanda you’re going to have a lot of fun on this trip and what a way to do it on your first boat trip to Montreal, let me get your things and put them inside the cabin as I take you on a e tour of this fine boat.” Daritza stands in awe, boat this is a yacht oh my god like from Miami Vice.” “Oh my god you’ve watched Miami Vice sweet so who is your favorite Sonny or Tubbs? Christoph asks. “Sonny of course with his cool ass alligator on his boat.” Daritza mentions. “Yeah of course bad ass Sonny Crocket well I’ve been lucky and blessed to get a good deal on this mini yacht thanks to my uncle who has connections with the company that build these yachts, let me take you to the tour while Monica helps K-Rod with his cramps.”  Monica looks at K-Rod annoyed, “What was that for did you really have to hurt the goods?” Monica holds her hand out helping K-Rod up to his feet, “Look she’s going through a lot with her ex she’s been through the ringer with him and unfortunately there is a kid involved.” K-Rod puts his hands up, “Whoa, whoa wow there I go again shooting my mouth again,” K-rod shakes his head, “Which is why my last girlfriend left me for shooting my mouth without thinking,” “Well at least now you know, so please stop and think before you speak, Monica says. K-Rod winces and touches his groin, “Yeah, I know better than to say or do anything wrong in front of you holy crap that hurt,” Monica taps K-Rod on the arm, “You should know better than to mess with someone who has the martial arts in their blood.” K-Rod just taps his hand against his forehead, “Yeah duh, I should have remembered Ms. Wing Chun Kung Fu girl.” Monica laughs, “Don’t you forget it.” “Christoph yells, “Okay guys you guys going to hang out on the pier or what come on get on the Anna Fernanda to start our trip to Montreal whoo.” “Yeah, let’s do this” as Daritza, holds a bottle of lemon prosecco.  “What you’re starting without us come on hand over that prosecco time to share with the rest of us,” K-Rod demands. “Okay let me start getting the Anna Fernanda ready to break free from the city, you’re being set free baby,” Christoph yells as the boat engines starts to roar. “Okay since Daritza has never been on a boat before let’s head down and make a pass at Lady Liberty first, before going up to Montreal, Christoph suggests. Daritza nods, “Yeah I’m talking about a Yankee Rose.’ Christoph stands back and smiles, “Whoa, whoa, what is this someone quoting the lyrics from the great David Lee Roth what okay you are like getting major points here.” Daritza smiles, “Yeah, I have a love for the 80’s seems like it was a great time,” “Okay let me grab that prosecco to the 80’s and Montreal let’s do this,” K-Rod shouts. Christoph takes control of the Anna Fernanda as he blasts the sound system to “Yankee Rose” by David Lee Roth as the Anna Fernanda makes her way downtown to Lady Liberty.

Daritza looks up at Lady Liberty in awe as she takes pictures on her smartphone, “Wow she’s beautiful up close, isn’t she? Monica asks. “Yes, she is so beautiful up close like this wow it’s so amazing and to be with you guys feels great” says Daritza. Monica passes Daritza a glass of prosecco, “So how have you been?” “Okay I’ve been better,” “So what is going on with your ex has he finally decided to grow a pair and do what’s right and take responsibility of his daughter which you have been taking care of for the last few months while he was away for his job?” “Daritza looks at her glass of prosecco for a moment and just downs it, “Listen I love that kid but for him to dump his daughter on me after he got the bomb dropped on him after getting a surprise visit from his ex from college telling him that he’s the father of their daughter,” Daritza takes a breath “That was just a lot to take in and for him to dump her on me while he went away for work it was just too much.” “So, what the hell the ex, drops the bomb on him and walks away from her daughter really?” Monica asks “Yeah, she had to go to rehab since she suffers from bipolar disorder,” Daritza mentions. “Wow that is crazy, so what is the answer your ex taking control of the situation or what?” Monica asks. “He’s finally come around to it and is going to see a counselor dealing with it,” Monica takes a drink of her prosecco, “Wow about time finally if he didn’t, I would have kicked his ass, you know that.” Daritza laughs, “Oh yeah that is one of the reasons he is going to see a counselor he’s afraid of you.” K-Rod comes on by with a large platter of fresh sushi “Does anybody want some fresh sushi on this fine trip?” Daritza’s eyes light up, “Oh wow this looks great the California rolls look great wow.” Monica takes the chopstick from the platter and picks two rolls as she is about to devour them, “I’ll have some of these delicious tuna rolls which is going to go down with the prosecco.” “Have at it ladies we have some more if you care to come inside these were made by the captain himself Christoph. “Thanks Christoph this kicks ass,” as Daritza and Monica hold up their chopsticks with sushi’s in hand. Christoph smiles, “Why thank you Christoph is a man of many talents, so Daritza you want to take a spin of the lovely Anna Fernanda,” Daritza’s eyes widened, “Really wow I’ve yeah sure,” K-Rod rolls his eyes, “Are you serious you’ve never let me take the helm of the Anna Fernanda before wow and she comes on board and gets first dibs thanks a lot,” “Stop being a baby your hands were always occupied with the latest girl you were trying to impress come on you know it’s true,” Christoph laughs. Daritza runs over to take the helm of the Anna Fernanda. Monica slaps K-Rod in the arm, “What is with you today K-Rod?” “I don’t know I think I’m just jealous of how he’s schmoozing with Daritza with no problems, and I get my balls knocked for wanting to pick her up.” “Yeah, you try too hard K-Rod, and you’ve haven’t had a great record with your past relationships.” K-Rod puts his arms up “Come on everybody loves going out with K-Rod the man, the myth, the legend,” “Yes let’s look at that everything you say is a myth trying to impress that sweet Peruvian woman making believe you owned this yacht,” “Well I had to impress she’s a wealthy businesswoman and had to keep up.” Monica punches K-Rod in the arm, “Really, really keep up for what you’ve got a good job so what that you don’t have a yacht that isn’t what life is about having material things which are here one day and gone the next, what counts is the integrity of the person and their values.” K-Rod rubs his left arm, “Please ease off the punches that stings a bit, listen I don’t know Aylin really did a number on me.” “Clearly she did I mean you haven’t recovered from her breaking up with you, I get it, but you just tried to numb the pain by going out lying and even cheating punishing the poor ladies you’ve gone out with and yourself.” K-Rod shakes his head, “I just don’t get it we had something good going and she just left me hanging with no real explanation.” Monica holds K-Rod’s left hand “Look you’re a great guy with a big heart always volunteering your time at Big brothers of America, I think she couldn’t handle the fact that you were devoting your time for that and not her, I don’t know maybe she had her own issues and had to bail on you.” “I don’t get it Monica I just thought we had something what the fuck she could have told me what was wrong instead of just bailing you know like that.” “I know, I know K-Rod,” as Monica holds K-Rod’s hand and looks into his hazel eyes. K-Rod caresses Monica’s right cheek as he looks into Monica’s grey eyes as her long brown hair flows with the wind of the Hudson River. K-Rod and Monica close in slowly as they begin to kiss.   

August 28, 2021 02:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.