0 comments

Romance

This story contains sensitive content

Carter sat on a cushioned chair and crossed one leg over the other. 

“We finally found her again…” he said in a low voice. 

“Ah… our little angel,” Caleb agreed. “It’s been so long since we’ve seen her. Six years has it? We were ten I remember.”

“Yeah. She still wears the hair clip we gave her, but it seems she has forgotten us,” replied Carter with a slightly saddened, but amused tone. 

“It would be fun to play with her again,” laughed Caleb. 

“Young masters,” said Catherine, “the master wants your audience.”

Carter looked at Caleb and he looked at Carter. Carter put a hand to his temple. 

“Fine, tell him we’re coming,” he muttered. 

“Yes young masters,” Catherine said with a bow. 

Caleb sat on the couch and crossed his legs. “Why does he want to see us after all these years…?” he murmured. 

“I don’t know,” Carter replied. “But he certainly doesn’t deserve to see us. It’s not like we can disobey our father.”

The twins walked into a dark room with a black and white marbled floor. 

A middle-aged man was sitting on an armchair. 

“We have something to discuss boys,” said the man without a greeting. 

“And what is that?” said Caleb spitefully.

“There is a girl at your school with strong powers. I need you to fetch the girl for me, alive,” said the man. 

“What is her name?” said Carter. 

“Charlotte…”

Caleb and carter’s eyes widen. 

“No!” they cried.

“She’s our friend!” shouted Caleb. 

“If you don’t, I will disown you and send out men to get her for me,” growled their father. “I'll kill her and take her powers in front of the two of you.”

“You’re a demon!” roared Carter.

Their father cackled. “Yes, I am! But don’t pretend you aren’t as well…”

“We’ll do it,” said Caleb stiffly. 

Then the two brothers walked away without another word. 

“We need to protect Charlotte at all costs,” said Carter when the door behind them closed. “Even if it resorts to that.”

“I agree,” said Caleb, nodding his head. “It’s the ultimate protection. We can’t have Charlotte taken away from us again. We made a promise all those years ago…”

***

The two boys met Charlotte when they were all five. Charlotte was separated from her family at a park.

The boys found her and helped her look for her parents. They look high and low for them, a few laughs were included as well.

When they finally found Charlotte's parents, Caleb and Carter promised her that they will see each other again.

That year, the twins enrolled in the same school as her. Charlotte was friends with Yale, which made them extremely jealous. After a while, all four of them were friends.

A year after kindergarten, was first grade. New students enrolled in the third-grade classes. 

During the break each day, the new student would sit under a tree and watch Charlotte, Carter, Caleb, and Yale play, or fight, together.

One day, Charlotte walked over to the third grader and smiled. She asked him if he wanted to play with the quartet. The third grader happily excepted the offer, knowing Caleb and Carter will very much dislike it.

Turns out that the third grader was their older brother, who was dangerous.

The now quintet had play dates all the time. The children's moms took pictures all the time to store for memories.

But, in 5th grade, Carter, Caleb, and their older brother had to move to another state for a few years because of their father's multibillion-dollar business.

When they turned sixteen, they moved back to their home state where they met Charlotte.

***

The two boys called up Yale, who was a powerful Phoenix and had other powerful species mixed into his blood.

"What do you want?" Yale asked.

"You remember the two of us, right? I saw it in your face when we were talking to Charlotte earlier," Caleb said.

"Yeah, I remember you guys. Makes me mad to see you two back," Yale said coldly.

Caleb laughed. "If you like Char so much, why didn't you tell her instead of playing hard to get? She'll lose interest eventually."

"Shut up. You don't know anything. Just mind your own business. If that's what you called me for, then we're done."

"Actually," started Caleb, "we called because we need to transform into him. Our father is hunting down Charlotte, going to take her powers, and kill her."

The other line went silent for so long that Caleb believed that Yale hung up already.

"I'm coming," Yale said finally.

The twins explained to Yale the situation they were in. Since Carter, Caleb, Charlotte, and Yale were close friends six years ago, Yale understood and agreed to help for Charlotte’s sake. 

Caleb, carter, and Yale stood in a circle. They began to chant. There was a flash of blinding light, then darkness. A young man their age stood, the three people previously were gone. The guy slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He smirked. 

“I’m back…” he whispered.

***

I bent down to kiss Charlotte’s forehead. A symbol blazed on it, then disappeared.

That symbol cannot be broken until death. It was the symbol of marriage. 

“You’re mine,” I whispered.

Charlotte slowly opened her eyes. When she saw me, she jumped up.

“Who are you?!” she demanded.

I bowed. “Lucifer, at your service,” I said with a grin.

Charlotte didn’t say anything for a moment. “Who are you?” she said again. 

“I am Carter, Caleb, and Yale combined. But I’m also what you guys call a demon” I said.

***

“Wait what?” I stammered in confusion. “Carter? Caleb? Yale? Demon?”

“Yes,” he answered.

I stared into his eyes. “Where are they now?”

"Well, they’re me, so here,” replied the demon.

“Fine, but you'll have to answer my questions. Who was my first crush?” I asked.

“Yale.”

“How did me and the brothers become friends?”

“If you're talking about the past, Caleb and Carter found you when you were separated from your parents. If you're talking about now, you got pushed and Caleb caught you. Sadly you didn’t like them.”

“Past? I think you're mistaken. I met them a few days ago. Anyways, final question, which one of the three likes me?”

“All three.”

I stare at Lucifer blankly. “What?!”

“They all do,” he repeated.

I sat on the bed and took a deep breath. I laid down and closed my eyes. I opened them again and looked at Lucifer, who was still standing next to the bed.

"You're still here... That means this isn't a dream," I muttered. "Sleep on the floor."

***

A few days passed and Lucifer acted as if he was my bodyguard. He enrolled in my school and followed me twenty-four-seven.

“Are you going to stand there or lay in bed with me?” I asked him one night.

Lucifer climbed into bed with his back facing toward me. I clutched his back and snuggled close. He flipped around so that he would face me.

“You’re really pushing it now baby,” he said as he grabbed my chin. “Don’t get so naughty, or you’re going to need a punishment.”

Before I could react, he kissed me passionately. I laid there in shock. He leaned in closer, his tongue asking permission to go in.

I granted it and kissed him back. He broke us apart and bit my neck, tugging at my bra as he did so.

I clutched him and tense up.

“Aw,” he said, still so close to my neck I could feel his breath. “Is my baby scared? This must be your first time. Don’t worry, I’ll be slow and gentle.”

Lucifer took off my bra and fiddled with the things protecting it.

I whimpered. Lucifer rose and pinned me to the bed.

He kissed me and we started having an affair.

***

Weeks passed and Lucifer and I grew closer. We went to parks and ice cream shops. I had to admit, I had a really good time. 

***

I saw Charlotte with Jeremiah, just awkwardly looking around. It pissed me off seeing Charlotte with him, but I didn't say anything. The bell rang and Charlotte was about to turn my corner. I grabbed her wrist and gripped her waist. 

“What!” she snapped. 

I ignored her and whispered, “What am I gonna do, not grab your wrist? I could be a better boyfriend than him. I could do the shit that he never did. I’m up all night, and I'm not gonna quit.”

Charlotte flushed red and said nothing. She wiggled out of my grip and hurried off to her class. I smirked, enjoying our little moment. 

“I'm so disappointed. My boys would resort to you than kill that girl,” sneered Father. 

“And what about that?” I snarled. 

“Well, I’ll have her powers anyway. I’ll just send out Logan; the son who never disappointed me,” said Father. 

“You’re going to resort to Logan?!” I shouted. “Have you forgotten that he killed Mom and put Luna in a coma?!”

“That's the reason child. He has the potential and the power to complete the job,” he grinned. 

“You’re heartless,” I muttered. “I'm going.”

Father narrowed his eyes. “Have you forgotten? You’re only an orphan. You would have no roof over your head if it weren’t for me!” he roared. 

I snapped. “You? You?! It was Mother who adopted me! She had to convince you to take me in!” I shouted. “She was so kind! She never deserved such a low life! I was cast away. Locked inside Carter and Caleb! Exiled to Hell!

“That’s where I became one of the Seven Princes of Hell. You locked me away because you were afraid of me! Because of you, I am now a Fallen Angel! You never loved anyone. You never loved mom!” cried Lucifer. 

He had tears in his eyes and he was a burning fire. He had never built enough courage to say anything. But now, Lucifer was so livid. 

Father’s eyes flared. “Don’t ever talk about your mother in front of me, boy! You don’t know how much I loved her!” he sneered. “I am your father!”

“your no father to me,” Lucifer said coldly. He turned and left the room, seething. 

***

I was sitting on the sofa, watching tv. The Big Bang Theory was on tonight, which was one of my favorite shows.

There was a knock on the door. I got up, thinking it was Lucifer. He told me that he was visiting someone. 

I opened it to find a guy that look only a couple of years older than me. 

“Ah, you’re cute…” he grinned. “ It's so nice to see you again. Too bad…” Then everything went black.

***

I woke up in a dark room. I looked around. Panic rushed through me. A door swung open and the same man appeared. 

“Ahh, you’re awake,” he said quietly. “Hungry?”

I didn’t answer and stared at him with fear. The man dropped a plate in front of me. 

“You should eat,” he said. 

I ignored him and sat in a corner. I wasn't able to use my powers, which made me unable to escape. 

The man dropped by every day and was pretty okay. I learned that his name was Logan. He eventually gave me a room with a bed. I was grateful and wasn’t as afraid of him. We spent a lot of time together and it was actually not that bad. 

I sat on the sofa, Logan next to me. We were so far apart that I felt a little lonely. I was so used to Lucifer being here to hug me that it felt strange not having that feeling. 

I scooted more toward Logan until I was curled up at his side. I whimpered a little, trying to give him a signal that I was lonely. Logan looked at me and smirked. he turned off the tv and got up. I thought he was going to leave me, but he scooped me up and walked over to his room. 

Logan set me gently on his bed and took a step back. Three seconds went by until there was banging on his door. Logan opened it. Lucifer stood on the other side, looking livid. 

“You took charlotte!” he roared. 

"Yes, I did,” he replied calmly, “but I won’t be giving her to Father.”

Wait, what? I was so confused by this statement, but Lucifer didn’t seem surprised. 

“I can’t trust you,” Lucifer growled. 

“I'll give her back. But, I want a little show, some entertainment,” Logan said. “I want you to…make her scream your name.”

My face immediately turned red. Lucifer didn’t say anything. 

“No, I won’t. Not in front of you,” he growled 

Logan sniggered. “All right then, better for me. I’ll do it. I loved you the moment I saw you. Ahh, you’re so adorable.”

November 18, 2022 23:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.