Involving a Portal into a Parallel Universe

Submitted into Contest #196 in response to: Write a story involving a portal into a parallel universe.... view prompt

0 comments

Science Fiction Urban Fantasy Fiction

Let me take you to time when I was 18, {My name is “Raven-Wolf,” known to have had long flaming blue/green hair, porcelain white skin, dark purple-hourglass eyes, graceful, and to have appeared cold, aloof, and imperious}.


The year was 2005, I was born in a small-town called “KRYNN,” is my hometown, born with “Elves Blood, and some Druid, some would say; {Paladin- Sorcerer,} from my father’s side but I had a dream that I had specialty powers if some would say {Magic, is real or fake in the holder!} I will leave that to fantasy world!


Off in a small part of the town of “KRYNN,” is my home and as I sit at my desk drinking a cup of coffee.


It started raining, the sky changed from light blue to purplish grey.


Just then I was startled, the door flung open and as I was about to close it, a flash of lighting crashed down showing a figure, then it just disappeared!


The weather is playing tricks on my eyes!


Continuing making a cup of coffee, the wind picked up making my little cabin chilly, moved to put more wood into the fireplace the room changed, and I was not in “KRYNN” anymore!


Steven Hawking

Time Traveling;

https://youtu.be/aZo3mJXFje4

https://youtu.be/uD4izuDMUQA

Stephen Hawking: Time Travel Possible, But Only Forward
By Lina Berezovka
May 7, 2010Updated: May 7, 2010, iv
Stephen Hawking biography: Life, theories, books & quot
By Daisy Djordjevic, Nola Taylor Tillman
published December 01, 2021
Meet the scientist trying to travel back in time.
Francesca Street, CNN • Updated 31st December 2019
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Meet+the+scientist+trying+to+travel+back+in+time.&cvid=5630f74eb55a4665a9fba1cb3ad1977c&aqs=edge..69i57j69i64.2256j0j4&FORM=ANAB01&DAF1=1&PC=EDGEDSE#: ~:text=time%20%7C%20CTV%20News-, https%3A//www.ctvnews.ca/sci%2Dtech/meet%2Dthe%2Dscientist%2Dtrying%2Dto%2Dtravel, -...
SCI-TECH | News
Meet the scientist trying to travel back in time
Francesca Street
Published Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 10:02AM EST
Realities of time travel
So, could there be a not-too-distant future in which time travel is part of our daily reality? We are entering a new decade in which once fanciful concepts like space tourism and hyperloop trains are entering the realms of possibility.
But not everyone thinks so.
"Time travel into the past is allowed, potentially, in our theory of general relativity, how we understand gravity," says Paul Sutter, an astrophysicist who hosts a podcast called "Ask a Spaceman!"
"But every time we try to concoct a theoretical time travel device, some other bit of physics busts in and breaks up the party."
Sutter says he is aware of Mallett's work, and thinks it is interesting, if not necessarily on track to deliver results.
"I don't think it's necessarily going to be fruitful, because I do think that there are deep flaws in his mathematics and his theory, and so a practical device seems unattainable."
Serious criticism of Mallett's theory was voiced in 2005 by Ken D. Olum and Allen Everett, of the Institute of Cosmology, Department of Physics and Astronomy at Tufts University. They said they had found holes in Mallett's equation and the practicality of his proposed device
British science writer Brian Clegg looks more favorably on Mallett's ideas, he also profiled the scientist in his book, "How to Build a Time Machine."
"While not everyone agrees that his planned device would work, I think it's an interesting enough proposition to go for an experimental trial," says Clegg.
"If it did work, it should be stressed that it's not a practical time machine, it would simply produce a tiny but measurable effect, which would demonstrate the principle."
Mallett is quick to clarify that his ideas are theoretical.
He says he is currently trying to get funds to conduct real-life experiments.
"It's not like the movies," says Mallett. "It's not going happen at the end of two hours, at the cost of whatever it is you pay for the movie ticket. It's going to cost."
Movie comparisons are a common theme of conversation with Mallett. He relishes explaining concepts about time travel through cinematic examples.
When asked about the ethical implications of going back to the past, he suggests there would be a need for international regulation and policing, and namechecks 1994 movie "TimeCorp," in which Jean-Claude Van Damme plays an officer working for an agency regulating time travel.
Another favorite, says Mallett, is the 2014 Christopher Nolan movie "Interstellar," which deals in ideas of how time impacts people in space differently than people on Earth.
That movie's scientific credentials were boosted by the involvement of Nobel prize-winning theoretical physicist Kip Thorne.
But Mallet also appreciates the emotional core of the movie -- the father-daughter story that drives the plot: "It's beautiful," he says.
SPACE
A Physicist Explains Why Parallel Universes May Exist
January 24, 201110:47 AM ET
Transcript
The supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
Our universe might be big — but finite. Or it might be infinitely big.
Both cases, says physicist Brian Greene, are possibilities, but if the latter is true, so is another posit: There are only so many ways matter can arrange itself within that infinite universe. Eventually, matter must repeat itself and arrange itself in similar ways. So, if the universe is infinitely large, it is also home to infinite parallel universes.
Does that sound confusing? Try this:
Think of the universe like a deck of cards.
"Now, if you shuffle that deck, there's just so many orderings that can happen," Greene says. "If you shuffle that deck enough times, the orders will have to repeat. Similarly, with an infinite universe and only a finite number of complexions of matter, the way in which matter arranges itself has to be repeated."
Greene, the author of The Elegant Universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos, tackles the existence of multiple universes in his latest book, The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos.
Recent discoveries in physics and astronomy, he says, point to the idea that our universe may be one of many universes populating a grander multiverse.
HowStuffWorks
Science
Science Vs. Myth
Everyday Myths
Do Parallel Universes Really Exist?
By: Josh Clark
Can you imagine how it would be? CARLOS FERNANDEZ/GETTY
In 1954, a young Princeton University doctoral candidate named Hugh Everett III produced a radical idea: That there exist parallel universes, exactly like our ­universe. These universes are all related to ours; indeed, they branch off from ours, and our universe is branched off from others. Within these parallel universes, our wars have had different outcomes than the ones we know. Species that are extinct in our universe have evolved and adapted to others. In other universes, we humans may have become extinct.
Ever since the Big Bang theory was first proposed, scientists have been fascinated by the possibility of parallel universes.

Photo by Federico Beccari on Unsplash

The idea that there could be other versions of reality out there, where things play out differently than they do in our own universe, is both intriguing and overwhelming. In this blog post, we will explore 11 things you may not have known about parallel universes. From the diverse types of parallel universes that have been proposed by scientists to the ways in which we could potentially detect them, read on to learn more about these alternate realities.
The Many-Worlds Interpretation
In the many-worlds interpretation, every time a quantum event occurs, the universe splits into multiple universes. In each of these universes, the event happens differently. For example, if you were to flip a coin, in one universe the coin would come up heads and, in another universe, it would come up tails. This splitting happens an infinite number of times, creating an infinite number of universes.
This interpretation was first proposed by Hugh Everett in 1957. It has since been developed further by physicists such as David Deutsch and Max Tegmark.
What are Parallel Universes?
Last Modified Date: April 19, 2023
Parallel universes, also known as meta-universes or multiverses, are a group of theoretical twin universes that coexist at the same time as our own. They are said to be simple variations of our reality, all running at the same time in different realities. These universes are not uniquely confined to the science fiction realm anymore; philosophy, physics, and even theology have theories about why multiverses exist and how they work. Parallel universes have often been used in fiction and TV programs as an explanation for strange phenomena.
CULTURE | GENERAL
Is Magic a Science? – An Occult Perspective
By Astennu Sever August 16, 2019
The Science Behind Magic
You will find that there are disagreements on this point even between experienced magicians and occultists. But in general, magicians do treat magic as a legitimate science. Aleister Crowley, the distinguished English occultist stated that:
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”

Walking around trying to make sense of {what or how} I ended up in this Parallel Universe?


In some way it felt like I had seen this before!


In a dream or something like that, but something does not feel right about this....


It is now 2023, making the way through the forest, stumbled upon a run-down house made from stones, this is weird, {it was my grandmother’s house,} she passed when I was 6 years old, and few memories do not get me wrong they were happy ones.


As I was about to open the door it changed once more but it was blurry, this is where I know it was a dream and not real. Or did I not know about this?


Now I was feeling dizzy, things were not adding up, why is this world showing this to me?


I know in 2016 I had a double stroke, but {my question is, "what the universe is trying to tell me"}! 


My eye's are "Now Open Wide!"

May 03, 2023 10:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.