0 comments

Kids

Millie’s Perspective: The Night Before School


Hi my name is Millie and I am starting the first grade tomorrow at Ridgeford Elementary. I am super nervous, but I can not wait to see what school is actually like. I was homeschooled for kindergarten and my only friend was my little brother, who is 2 years younger than me. I am super excited for school tomorrow and I can not wait to make a bunch of new friends. I packed my Jojo Siwa backpack with all of the school supplies from Target that me and mom bought and got ready for bed. I can not wait for school tomorrow!


Layla’s Perspective: The Night Before School


Hi my name is Layla and I am six years old. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I can not wait to see all of my friends! We have all been in the same class at Ridgeford Elementary since Pre Kindergarten and I am super excited to see everyone tomorrow, I have not seen them in almost three months! I am even more excited because I heard from my mom that we are getting a new kid in our class and her name is Millie. I hope she’s nice and friendly, I really want her to get along with our group. I can only imagine how hard it must be being the new kid amongst a group of kids who have been together for a long time. I am not worried though, I am sure we will become best friends!


Millie’s Perspective: The First Day of School


Today is the first day of school and I am super nervous! I woke up super early this morning and got my outfit ready. My mom made this huge breakfast for me and it was super delicious! Then, she took a bunch of pictures of me with my backpack so that we could remember my first day of school. When it was time to leave for school, we got in the car and drove to the school. It was huge! I could not believe my eyes, even the playground was ginormous! Me and my mom walked into the school together and I was super nervous, I almost started crying. But then I remembered that I was finally living my dreams of going to school and thought about how much fun I would have. When we walked into the classroom, I was amazed by how nicely decorated it was and greeted by the whole class. The teacher introduced me to everyone and told them that I was new and would be joining class with them. Everyone was super silent and just stayed at their desks. I got immediately worried. What if no one likes me? Why are they all just staring? Is there something on my face? One girl noticed that I was starting to look kind of nervous and she came up to me and introduced herself. She said, “Hi, my name is Layla! Nice to meet you!” I responded with, “Hi, my name is Millie!” Then she took my hand and led me to a desk right next to hers and said “Millie, I have a feeling we are going to be great friends!” I was so relieved to hear her say that!


Layla’s Perspective: Meeting Millie on the First Day of School


Today was the first day of school and it was a blast! It all started in the morning, I woke up, ate breakfast, and my mom dropped me off at school. I ran up to all of my friends and we all told each other about what we did over the summer. Then, the new girl and her mom came into the classroom. Our teacher, Mrs. Anderson, introduced her to the class. She looked super shy up there and I could tell that she was starting to feel kind of nervous. So, I walked up there, introduced myself, assured her that she would fit right in, and told her to sit right next to me. She seemed super nice and I have a feeling that we will be great friends. 


Millie and Layla’s Perspectives: 12 Years Later


Millie: We have been best friends for the past 12 years now and I am so glad that I met Layla in first grade! We have been inseparable since then and have always done everything with each other. School projects, family trips, field trips, we have done everything together and I am so glad to have Layla as a friend. 


Layla: I love Millie and she has become like a second sister to me! We have always done everything together and are even going to the same college! We have been planning everything that we are going to do once we get there and have a super elaborate Pinterest board for our dorm room! I just know that college is going to be so much fun, especially since I will have my best friend right by my side.


Millie and Layla’s Perspective: The Wedding


Millie: It really is crazy how life turns out! Me and Layla have been best friends for the past 50 years. We have been by each other’s side for everything! We were the Maid of Honor at each other’s wedding, there for each other during rough times, and were even pregnant with our kids at the same time. Our kids grew up to become best friends just like we were!


Layla: Now our families are about to become even closer! Millie’s son and my daughter are going to get married tomorrow! We could not believe it and always knew that we were destined to become family. We all are super excited and can not believe how things turned out! 


Millie: It really is crazy how long it has been since our first day of first grade and now our grandchildren will be going to the same school, where they will find their own best friends! I am so glad that we are best friends and now our kids are getting married! It really is crazy how life turns out.


May 05, 2020 19:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.