GOODBYE KISS LAST FAREWELL

Written in response to: Write a story about a first or last kiss.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime Fiction Romance

How did Love started? Many wonders where it came from. Think about it . There are many definitions of Love. May it be kindness, mercy or charity? To a believer in God.s perspective God is Love. Who does God love? Many said , For God so loves the world that He gave His only begotten that no one will perish but have an everlasting life. There is much to ponder about these words of God. Humans in the world is that what it means? This makes sense to believers but nothing sensible to non believers. Why do believers put all their efforts to prove i that they have to be save in order to have an everlasting life . These kind of people are not newly born Christian but their beliefs has been handed down to them and just keep following what their families have been practicing before without any question at all. Those non believers do the same thing because they did not hear anything at all from their parents. And the humankind has to accept whether he likes it or not that his composition is physical and spiritual. Why? Because only man can love just like God who could love. No other else could love than man. Love in the sense that his love is mix with spiritual essence that gives him the capability to have an everlasting life. The physical body created by God in His own image and likeness is what you see in the physical world that tends to live shortly depending on what length God wants him to live. This understanding can only get into play if humans gets hold of the written words of God written in the Holy Bible. If you go to the Book of Love others say Charity, it characterizes how to be a loving and caring person that encompasses the goodness and be a merciful God to humans. These characteristics is what God wants to be practice by men to live in this present world in which we call God's family. God;s family is compose of a father and a mother when they are united into marriage no longer live as two but one Marriage is sacred to God choosing the couple to live together for life. So men when they are united in marriage to declare their marriage vow " To have and to hold for richer or poorer , in sickness and in health , till death do us part." A Cristian couple who tried to keep their vow Camilo and Carmela who had lived together for the last 40 years was shocked of the current event in their life when Camilo was stricken of an un-diagnose illness having used all kinds of instruments and medications the doctors they went to ask for help cannot give the right answer. Carmela thought of the days gone when their Love was new having thought Camilo was the only man in her life. At first everything seemed to be wonderful, enjoying each other's company and longing to be always together They visited many places taking pocket trips to relax just the two of them. Camilo was so sweet to love and in return to be loved by him. Until Romeo was born and Carmela gave more attention to their baby boy. Then later on she realized if Camilo was the same holding a high position in his company went with his friends after office hours everyday and coming home late at night to Carmela with their young child Romeo. As Christians Camilo tried to meet his obligations to Carmela and Romeo by bringing them to church. In fact he brought them to a yearly retreat and they will savor all the good food and nice places. Even in retreats Carmela found out Camilo is really outgoing throwing a party with the other members without consulting Carmela about these activities and the only thing Carmela can do is to support him. That's because of Love God has imparted to humans His creation. As if Carmela raised their child alone as Carmelo indulge in all kinds of vices like smoking drinking and even frequented night clubs. Camilo usually said to her, God will forgive me seventy two times seven. Carmela even got the accusation not caring too much about Camilo refusing to go with him during his drinking with friends or go nightclubbing with him. She did'nt also go for counselling just holding their marriage vows was enough for her. She was not demanding towards Camilo with the thought that her first love is to serve God. Her desire was blocked by her father that she may not see her anymore if she enters the convent. What really happened was that his father was so happy when Camilo started to court her. His father was so nice to him in which her mother opposed. Since Carmela was at her right age both parties agreed that they get married. Carmela tried to accept Camilo even if it was against her will. Wondering why she was not consulted at all about the wedding and she knew her mother was displease by not going to the wedding banquet. When Romeo was born they became closer to her father saying that he loved his grandson. They spent time together taking care of Romeo. Romeo grew up to like her mother loving her more than his father that most of the time was not home. He was able to finish his studies with his Mom beside him not his father who said he had to supervise more of the employees under him. Romeo has now his own family and no longer living with his parents. His grandfather died long before who was very loving and caring. Who would help his Mom while his father was battling his illness? Can his mother handle this alone? The doctors are tight lipped about his illness. If his father has a check up they only read the history of his illness and instructed to continue his medications and set another date for checkup. One day Carmela called Romeo to come to their house because she noticed something strange about Camilo's condition. Romeo headed right away to his parents house. As soon as he entered his father's room Carmela quietly left to give time for the two to talk to each other. Camilo seems to say his parting words to Romeo. Romeo tried to lift his father in a sitting position so that he could talk better but Camilo refused and told Romeo that he nay not live any longer as the pain that he feels is now unbearable. " Don't say that Dad, we love you" Then he asked Romeo to call her mother back. "Mom, come here, Dad wants a kiss." When Carmela went near to Camilo's face he was able to smack a kiss on her cheeks. Later that afternoon he express his last farewell and gone forever.

February 16, 2024 17:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.