6 comments

General

Hello my name is Ryliegh and I’m 10 years old.  I just moved into a new school district yesterday. Today is my first day at school.  I hope I make at least one friend.  I have to get ready for school.  Bye for now!

My teacher’s name is Mrs. Eaden.  She is very nice!  We start our day by introducing ourselves.  At recess I met a girl named Naomi. We quickly became friends.  I’m going to call her Nay Nay.

“Hey, Ryliegh would you want to sit by me and some of my friends for lunch?” Nay Nay asked me. 

“Sure!  I would love to sit by you today!” I was making friends already!  My mom will be happy to hear that I made friends on the first day.  For lunch me and Nay Nay sat at the blue table and waited for her friends.  When her friends got there she introduced me.

“Ryliegh, this is Mable and Emilie. Emilie and Mable this is Ryliegh.” Nay Nay  introduced me to them.  Mable reminded me of someone from the old school. Our friendship ended after she moved because we didn’t keep in touch.  I kind of think that I should text her and see how she is and if she remembers me.  I was kind of waiting for her to say something like ‘Hey do I know you?’ but she wasn’t the kind of person to say that she would rather think it.

“Nice to meet you both.” I said before I got lost in thought.  We talked about the school and the friend groups.  From my understanding Nay Nay was popular but didn’t like to hangout with the really popular girls.  The day was almost over after lunch all  I had left was drawing time.  I drew a butterfly that was blue, black, white and had silver sparkles.  

Mable and Me have the same bus and today my mom said that I could ride the bus home.  Mable and I talked about some of the after school activities and fun sports.  Turns out her bus stop was a few minutes away from mine.  So we lived pretty close to each other.  

“Hi Mom!  You won’t believe what happened today!” I was a bundle of joy.

“What? Is something wrong?” My mom sounded funny.

“No.  I made three friends!  Can you believe it?  Their names are Naomi, Emilie, and Mable.  They're so nice!” I said.

My mom made me breakfast for dinner.  It was so good!  I’m reading a book called Lonely. It's about a girl who is new to a school and has no friends.  It’s kinda sad but in the end she makes friends.  After I read for 30 minutes I went to bed.  

The next day I met Mable at the bus stop the next day.  We said Hello and talked a little but not much before the bus came.  I sat down and she sat by me.  I really feel like I know this girl.  I just can’t put my finger on it.  The second day is always the slowest day at school.  I couldn’t find Nay Nay anywhere at school.  I texted her while I was hiding in the bathroom.  I quickly read my text to myself  ‘Hey Nay Nay.  Are you coming to school?  It’s so lonely at school without you.’ 

Then someone kicked the door open.  It was Nay Nay.  She came at the perfect time.

“Hey girl!  I just texted you!  That's so funny!” I was all smiles.

“What are you doing in the bathroom?”  She had  a weird expression on her face.

“It’s the only good place to hide.” 

“At least lock the stall next time, okay? Let's get to class, we only have a minute!” Then she left running.  I followed behind her.  She’s so fast!  Just as I reached the class the bell rang.  Luckily Mrs. Eaden was kind enough to not let me be counted as late. 

“Try not to cut it so close next time, Ryliegh.”  She warned.

“Okay Mrs. Eaden.  Thank you!” I am so lucky.  My mom would be mad if I got a tardy.  Our class room is so… roomy.  Mrs. Eaden is a new teacher this year.  She has so many decorations in her room.  She has a calm corner and cute little fairy light all over the room.  I’m happy that she’s my teacher rather than the other teacher that retired last year.  Nay Nay tells me about how her sister hated her.   Mrs. Eaden gives us a donut if we turn our homework in on time.  She has all sorts of flavors. My favorite flavor is the donut filled with cream and chocolate on top.  It’s so good!

The school has the biggest playground!  I usually just hang from the monkey bars with Nay Nay, Emilie, and Mable.  We have a special each day.  Today we have library. After library we went back to the class and Mrs. Eaden gave us fliers for a fundraiser at school in a few weeks.  My mom will totally want to help.  She always volunteered at the old school.  The topic is Game Night.

A few weeks later…

Today is Game Night!  It starts after dinner.  Mom said I could invite a friend.  I chose Buddy.  We have been friends for well… forever(even our moms were friends before we were born)! I know what you're thinking and no, never, ewww!  We’re just friends.  Nothing more,  at least that's what I think.  

“Hey Buddy!  Tonight’s going to be so fun!” I said.

“I hope so!” Buddy says.  He’s always bundle of joy.  After we ate dinner we headed down to the school.  Mom was helping so me and Buddy had a bunch of time to run around.  Mom was going to walk us in though.  Then she saw Mable and her mom.

“Honey don’t you remember that girl from your old school?  What was her name? Maple?  Mable?  Madison?” My mom totally remembered her mom.

I could hear Mable’s mom talking to her  “Sweetheart didn’t you know her from Willow Bride Elementary.”  That was our old school’s name. 

“No mom I don’t remember her.  I think you got the wrong person.”  I really wanted to get off that topic.  

“Okay.  But I could have sworn that I remembered her.  You guys go and have fun!”  Mom sounded  mysterious.  I texted Nay Nay to see where she was.  She said she would meet me by the food carts.   When she saw that I had Buddy with me she became a completely different person.  She also had an instagram live recording.

“Ryliegh who is this?  Your little boyfriend?” I think her popularity was getting to her.  

“No.  His name is Buddy and we’re not dating.” I started out strong.

“I think you're lying.  If I say he’s your boyfriend he is.  Get that straight.”

“I’m sorry Nay Nay.  I don’t want to be friends with a jerk.  Goodbye.”  I really just said that.  I turned a popular girl away.  She just stood there with her jaw to the ground.  I took a picture of her as a memory.  She looked so funny.  I was totally dead.  She was going to kill me someway or another.  

“That was awesome!” Buddy whispered.

“I was just standing up for my Buddy!”  The rest of the night went fine after that.  Mable got away from that friend group and hangs out with me sometimes. 

August 25, 2020 03:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Lauren :)
15:51 Aug 25, 2020

Okay thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Madison Smith
00:25 Sep 07, 2020

Great job! My only recommendations would be to include a little bit more of an explanation about Buddy (why couldn't they hang out at school? Maybe introduce him, even if it's just a quick mentioning, in the beginning since he was relevant in the end) and give some resolution about Mable. I liked the mystery there, but I would want to know why she seemed familiar or why neither was addressing knowing the other. Overall, wonderful job! Keep up the great work!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
05:30 Aug 25, 2020

Good work! Maybe describe a little more ?

Reply

Show 0 replies
C.j 🤍
05:08 Oct 07, 2020

I just read all of your story’s Hope you win a contest 🤞💵💵💵💵💵💵👏🏼 Awesome job!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🦊🦊🦊🦊🥳

Reply

Lauren :)
15:45 Oct 08, 2020

Thank you, Thank you! Thank you!

Reply

C.j 🤍
15:57 Oct 08, 2020

Your welcome! They are awesome 😎👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.