0 comments

Crime

This story contains sensitive content

TW:Suicide, mentions of murder,mentions of self-harm

Amelia giggled walking down the road swaying her bag besides her heading to her house after a long day of work, she admiring the fields around her with a smile. She loved being outside, so much it felt like a dream to her excited to see her loving husband and daughter waiting for her return, smiling and broke into a run as she saw sight of the house waiting for her 12 year old daughter to greet her on the porch and dropped her bag opening her arms out wide as her daughter ran out hugging her mother "Hello Caden.." She laughed and picked up her bag following the young girl inside. "Where's your father?" She asked looking around once the door was shut.

"Dad's upstairs in his study working!" Caden beamed before heading to feed their german shepard Will, Amelia sighed and headed upstairs, her husband Jake was always working and busy but she was gonna fix that. Sneaking in and hugged him from behind giggling, "Hello Amelia dear" Jake laughed in return looking back at her with a smile standing up and hugged her. Both smiling and went downstairs to start dinner with their daughter sitting in the floor with the dog.

"Everything is perfect.." Amelia muttered as she watched her family, throwing some flour on her husband who fired back not caring that the flour was getting everywhere, even Caden joined in helping her mother to win the war. Once the war was finished and the mess was cleaned the family went to get ready for night, the dog following and joined Caden for slumber while Amelia sat down with Jake in the living room with a movie on. Though..she swore she could hear a phone ring, looking towards Jake, "Sorry hun I gotta take this" Jake stood and walked out of the room, everything was fuzzy to Amelia. She smiled as a small tear rolled down her cheek, hearing her husbands voice..He was on the phone talking to his brother who was traveling the world about some big company plan he had! That was exciting...She muttered as Jake returned by her side holding onto her hand, leading her upstairs so they could rest. Holding her by his chest as he dozed off but Amelia stayed awake, pulling away and walked to her daughters room peaking in.

There Caden laid resting on the dogs back as the dogs tail wagged, loud noises echoed outside as Amelia walked to the window..red and blue lights flashing on a off, there was so many they could blind someone. She adjusted her shirt and sweat pants and walked outside "Hello Officer Avage!" She tipped her head "Hello Ms.Winters, how's the family?" He asked adjusting his hat, both starting a friendly chat about local things in town before bidding her farewell and left..

She grinned walking back inside before shouting was behind her, as she looked back her eyes widened, multiple police sirens echoed with their bright lights. "Hands up and drop the knife!" There stood Officer Avage pointing his gun at her "Now Ms.Winters.." He spoke calmly as Amelia looked at her hands..covered in scarlet with a kitchen knife in her left hand, what did she do? everything was fine..right?. Instead of listening to the police she ran inside shouting "Jake! Caden sweetie!" She yelled as officers rushed in, two grabbing and cuffed her as the others spread around the house. "Let go! I need to find my family!.." Amelia cried as Officer Avage walked down the stairs, a look of disbelief and uneasy on his face "Ms.Winters..their dead" He muttered as she broke down denying anything they said about her family. Looking to the stairs a officer carried down a scared ragged furred german shepherd whimpering and barking.. "Will.." Amelia stared as the dog was taken outside.

"Where's my daughter!?" She shouted to the stairs with tear stained cheeks, another officer, a female carried down the young girl..her brown hair was tied into a ponytail wearing a hoodie and shorts, around her neck was a rope burn and her arms dripped scarlet..Amelia screamed as she stared, the body was carried out as she screamed more for her daughter in panic and fear. Next was her husband Jake..his white shirt also had scarlet near his stomach, Officer Avage sighed pulling open the mans phone...Amelia stared as she felt sick to her stomach..Everything was crashing down

The phone call was the husband and his secretary at his work not his brother, instead of the happy moments was the two adults fighting upstairs about him cheating, neither seeing the daughter had depression so that night she left after her parents had a large argument fighting in the kitchen...

Amelia broke down as she was taken out and placed in a police car crying and screaming for her family to return..

Nothing was fine..everything was shattered for the poor wife who believed her family was a miracle...She gulped as she stood before the jury shaking "Ms.Winters..your here today because the death of Mr Jake Winters..the jury has found you guilty..how do you plead?" The judge stared down as Amelia caught her breath "Guilty.." She cried as Officer Avage stood nearby with two others, taking the woman away. She was given a few minutes before jail to visit the graves of her loved ones, lowering to her knees and screamed in heartbreak..she believed everything was fine with the family but she was wrong, reality broke in front of her as she stared at the stones holding onto them like they were still with her shaking, the officers gently took her back to the jail and into her cell where she remained, hearing the laughter and giggles of her family. "I love you both.." She whispered..as the red tinted glass finally shattered showing her the harsh state she was in..awaiting the day she joined the two. Forcing a new pair of tinted glasses to take her view as she sat with a smile on her face looking at the wall quietly begging for forgiveness from her lover and daughter..after all the pain she caused.

November 15, 2021 18:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.