Boy Of Trouble To Boy Of Good

Submitted into Contest #198 in response to: Start your story with somebody getting called to the principal’s office.... view prompt

0 comments

Inspirational Middle School Teens & Young Adult

That day, when everything was peaceful until David started making trouble for all of them. David is given the title, "The Boy of Trouble". David has gone through a lot of detention throughout the year but today isn't his lucky day because he was in the principal's office on 13th May at 12:45 p.m.Who is David? Why is he the boy of trouble? Also, you may ask me why he was in the principal's office?


First, David is a 13-year-old boy born in Texas. He grew comfortable with his parents. His need and wish were growing violently as he aged. His arrogance led to trouble. In school, he started hurting students by throwing chairs at them in the 2nd period of the day. During the lunch period, David started throwing food at others. When the teachers saw this they told him to stop throwing food. When responding to the teachers he said that there were stupid and idiots. The teachers immediately told the principal about David's behavior.


When the principal heard about this he asked David to meet him at the principal's office. David was given lunch detention. After hearing this, David ran up the stairs. The principal stopped him. and got hold of his hand. David said, "Don't touch me." Then he punched the principal in his nose and he was bleeding. When seeing this incident a teacher ran towards David to stop him. But he pushed the teacher down the stairs hurting him. Now, think about David's thoughts at that moment. Was he afraid, sad, scared or brave or guilty, or sorry? We may have different thoughts about it. All the students in the school were asked to stay inside their classrooms.


There was two ambulances, a firetruck, and a police car. David was handcuffed by the police. Do you think this is the right way to give a solution to David's behavior? Or not? We may think differently but think about the school, the teachers, and the students. Will they be able to stay peaceful in the school? As a middle school student, I say we need to learn the consequences of the actions we do. We have to see how the parents who have their kids studying in middle school frightens. "Seeing the world is a prerequisite to understanding one’s place in it." by this quote have to understand that seeing the world is not about seeing you but understanding one's place in it. According to me, a student's place is to study. If all of us understand it we can be peaceful.


So, let's come back to David. When David was handcuffed a teacher named Sara Tom stopped the police. She asked the police to stop arresting David. She told the police officer that I will make David as a good human being. Police asked her," How can we trust you and leave a criminal with you?" For this, she told," A student must be changed by a teacher not punished." The police officer told her," I will give you 2 months to change David to a good one. If he hasn't changed my handcuff don't wait." Ms.Sara smiled at the police officer. She took David to her classroom. She asked David," Hi David! Can I have your parent's phone number?". David asked," Are you going to tell my parents about what happened?". She told," Hmmm.....Kinda yes and kinda no. It is my priority but even if I don't say the school will say." David sighed and started crying. Ms.Sara got hold of David's hand and said," Don't cry. All of us make mistakes. But we need to correct them. Okay?". David nodded to Ms.Sara.


Right at that moment, the principal marched into Ms.Sara's classroom. He shouted and asked "Why did you do this? He hurt a lot of teachers including me." "I know that you are angry at me and David but you got to understand as principal that we are supposed to talk through this problem. Me, you, and David's parents have never thought about talking with him. We just kept on saying his mistakes but we didn't give a way for him to correct them." The principal was silent. David said sorry to the principal and told him," I was alone and loneliness made me angry at everyone including my parents. I started showing hatred and didn't know how to express my feelings. My comfort zone of me became my weakness. I became violent." "You may ask me how he turned into a good one but one word which is good may turn into a miracle." Ms.Sara said. David's parents arrived at the school. They were so angry at David. Ms.Sara talked through them and asked them, "Please talk gently to him. The feelings that appear after you talk may change his behavior." David's parents talked to David and gently asked him to settle down and spill the beans of his feelings. When David talked to his parents his parents understood the mistakes they made in David's life.


The next day, Day 1 of 2 months has been started for David. Everybody walked away from David and was treating him as a stranger. During the lunch period, nobody didn't try to even see David. Even the lunch ladies didn't talk to David. During the class period, he asked sorry to the teachers who he has hurt. Then he went to Ms.Sara's classroom. He told what happened today. Ms.Sara said, "You got to get over this day by day." Day 2 in school was a bit good as David helped someone. He kinda talked to that kid and the kid talked to him but he was afraid. As 2 months pass by, the police officer comes to check on David. Ms.Sara welcomed the police officer with confidence. When they went to David's classroom David was sitting and listening to class and during lunch period he was eating lunch with his friends. Police were happy to see David like this. He thanked Ms.Sara for her efforts.


As always we are supposed to understand that kids may have some flaws but parents and teachers are supposed to talk to the kid and get through the problems. If problems are solved like this peace will glow everywhere. Let Peace And Prosperous Grow!  

May 18, 2023 20:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.