corona changed my life

Submitted into Contest #44 in response to: Write a story that starts with a life-changing event.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Have you question yourself before how corona changed your life. It is time to think of it.

Before corona strike South Korea. I never knew how powerful or worst the corona can be. Also it brings back times me to think how lovely and happy my life had been before corona came. Since many things are limited and have limit. It brings me to think how important and lucky that I can do such things without any limit. Also I found out self who am I and what I have to do and why I have to thanks for everything that happens around me. Corona strike all the world. Even in Korea it effect powerfully. Corona actually changed my life and others. Corona changed my life. Before I watch news or newspaper I thought mask is a terrorist. Because when I wear it it makes me look ugly and hard to breath. But after watching it now I feel very safe and good. Because around world people dies. Because they can’t get or buy and wear mask easily. But it is still difficult wearing mask about 8 to 10 hours per day. Going back to time time when I study at elementary or middle school or college no one suffer terrible disease such as corona. And never school been closed down.. I feel very lucky that I am already graduated. But it is sad that my friends and neighbors have difficult study. Taking online course it is easily being distracted and hard to have teamwork or team homework. It is very difficult for both students and teacher. That is second change I guess. The third change limit everywhere. It is brutal that I have to share all of my personal info to the public and others. You just visit a store or other place. Now days privacy is very important. But guess what happen. There is always someone everywhere who check your temperature and after few test you have write address phone number and etc. the world is not filled with hospital or police. But just doing that a lot of times at many different place. It makes me feel like a illness person or a criminal. There are many things to write so I will keep writing for it. What else had been changed. No more noisy . since many restaurant and club etc closed and street music performance banned. Normally most street in korea must be shiny crowed and noisy. But because of corona. Now the street is empty dead. I feel like I live in dead world. But sometimes it is good to be empty and quite I think. Corona gave me inspiration on writing. I used waste or spend free time on weekend going theather watching movie. But because of corona no new movies are releasing no worth going theather so I have to find new things new stuffs. So I keep doing my gardening and cosplay. But at the same time spend more time writing poetry and stories. You know if you go quiet and clear nature you get inspiration easily and writing easy.

 

Here are some poem I wrote related to the corona

 




reversed routine

unadjusted me

day after day

The number of confirmed cases and deaths worldwide is increasing.

I pour ice water on my chest.

between one's sleep

The order of the church is reversed.

The scary demon, Corona,

Even sincere Christians.

drive into the walls of taboos

Leaving the church behind

like a madman in the wilderness

We're having a humble service in the lake field.

God who serves in the images according to reality.

Suddenly I miss the church.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Corona

I don't want to look at you.

Somehow I've left you and your hometown.

I'm glad you came all the way to this shabby place.

Your breasts are colder than ice.

It's more transparent than glass. I can't even touch it.

As long as you stay, the sacrifices of countless innocent citizens

It stretches like a candle that burns and melts,

I don't think you're leaving yet.

How can I please let you go away?


Disease and War

Humanity has been around for centuries.

Malaria, Black Death, plague, and other diseases.

I fought back, but I failed again and again.

But holding on to a ray of hope,

after years of research

with advanced vaccines and medical techniques

Many lives have been saved since World War I.

recently reappeared

stronger new virus

MERS, flu, corona.

I got down on my knees for a while,

With better vaccines and medicine.

Get back on your feet soon.


Now I should talk about change in religion.

I used to go church every Sunday and it was boring. But now I am thanks to corona

Because of corona we have to worship ouside like park or mountain and etc

It is more touching and better because clear nature and sky helps me not sleep and focus on worshipping god.


 

How about environment and nature is there any changes? Yes there are many changes. Now days it is common to see the yellow sky because of china yellow dust wind blowing. But since many china factory and industry closed . it is first year not to suffer from yellow dust and see the blue shiny sky. When I go trip to beach and etc I normally see crowded and loud also many throwed away garbages. But now I see no garbage being throwed or washed out. And it looks very amazing and beautiful.

 

What do I miss and what do I get instead?

I miss cosplay event and korea holiday event, freedom mouth from mask.

Instead I get more time communicate with family. Writing poems and etc, importance of living in south korea and clear sky and nature. Also peace and quite. How about you? How corona have changed your life? What do you miss most ? is there any good and bad about corona?

 

Conclusion corona changed my outside life but my inner are strong and there are more things to do and write thanks for me living in south korea and easy get or buy mask. I hope the world suffer less with many survivors.

 

June 04, 2020 06:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.