With Undying Love and Devotion, Your Secret Admirer

Submitted into Contest #252 in response to: Start your story with a character being followed. ... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Fiction Romance

This story contains sensitive content

Sensitive content, stalking and sexual content




Every day started the same for Jenna. Her alarm blared $uicideboy$'s "Do You Believe in God." It was time to crawl out of bed and stumble to the living room. Asena, her terrier-chihuahua mix, followed closely on her heels. Asena knew exactly what came next. Jenna groggily put on her shoes and robe, giving Asena what she had eagerly awaited. Outside they went. The same routine every day: up at 4:30 pm, take out Asena, then back inside to get ready for work. Jenna waited while Asena did her business. Too tired to care, she ignored the hairs rising on the back of her neck. Jenna had been brushing off the feeling of being watched for weeks now. Little did she know, three parking spaces down, facing the courtyard where she stood, he watched. He knew without fail he would see her almost every day at the same time, standing in the courtyard with her dog. With his seat laid back, he waited as she called to Asena and went back inside. He knew which windows were hers. They faced the courtyard: the bedroom on the left, the living room on the right. He was disappointed that her bedroom windows had blackout curtains. But the living room curtains were sheer so that he could see everything. He got out of his car and went to his customary spot. There was a picnic bench in the middle of the courtyard. The bench was where he had been sitting every day for the last five months. He watched from the courtyard when she was inside, but when she was outside, he stayed in his car.

  

He needs to see her. He needs to know her. He must own her. He is looking at her living room window, praying for even a glimpse of her. Finally, he sees her cross from the bedroom to the kitchen. Seeing her again almost pushes him over the edge, sending an immediate chill through his body. Every time he sees her, it is the same. The lightning bolt starts atop his head and runs straight to his toes. God, he needs her. At exactly 5:30 pm, he rushes back to his car. She always leaves at 5:30 when she works. He sees her walking to her front door and watches as she struggles to get her bags into the car. She always takes too many bags to work. He can't help but wonder what is so important in them that she needs to take so many. He knows if he were with her, he would be the one to load the car. He watches as she puts on her belt, blasts her music, then pulls out of the lot. He waits until she gets to the turn at the end of the parking lot before he starts to follow. She is so predictable. The same route every day. Following her to work is the risky part. The local jail is where he met her all those months ago. He follows her to the driveway of the sheriff's department. His anxiety mounts as he watches her take the turn into the drive, knowing this is the end of the line for him. It is the last time he will see her for 12 full hours. She is a corrections officer at the local jail, and she was the one who booked him in. She was so kind to him. It was love at first sight.

 

Now, he must find something to entertain himself. He, as usual, waits in his car at various locations around town. He doesn't work until 10 pm, so he has time to kill. He is avidly perusing her Facebook page. Scrolling through the identical posts he's seen a million times. He is fantasizing about the same pictures. He cannot get enough of her. He can't see everything on her page because he isn't on her friends list. He needs to see more. Impulsively, he sends her a friend request. Fuck…Now she is going to know that he likes her. It's too soon to reveal himself. Quickly, he deleted the request in hopes that she wouldn't know. He is anxious and paranoid now. He sits in his car, waiting as the hours tick by. He can't stand it and decides he needs to drive. He needs to be where she has been. To feel her in her most favorite places. His first stop is Coffee Connection. He sits in her seat, the one she always picks, furthest from the door and slightly hidden. He orders a cold coffee, three espresso shots, skinny caramel syrup, and heavy cream. It is the same thing she always orders.

  

He drives to her apartment building again. This time, he comes with a gift. The same as he had done every Monday because that was the exact date he met her. He puts the flowers at her front door and hears Asena coming to the other side to investigate. He speaks to her sweetly through the door. He knows he needs to get her used to him if he's ever going to have the chance to get inside. That is a plan he is still working out. Now is not the right time though, but soon. Slipping a treat under the door, he leaves, the flowers prominently displayed. His inscription on the card is the same every time: "With undying love and devotion, your secret admirer." He knows she likes the flowers he's delivered in the past because she always puts them center stage on her coffee table. He has watched her countless times sniffing or admiring the flowers. He knows he has done well when he sees her smile. Soon, he will not have to address himself as her secret admirer and can finally reveal his name. He wished he could tell her now; he is almost there, just a few more hours, and it will be three weeks…so close but so far away. He needs to get into her place at least once before they meet again. He thinks this is the only way he can connect with her. He can feign interest if he can see what she likes and what her interests are. He needs inside for more than basic research. He needs something of hers, anything he can get with her scent on it. He will never forget the smell of her perfume He remembered how it drifted behind her as she breezed past during watch. He has craved it ever since.

 

He goes back to his car. He parks facing her windows and waits. He is contemplating if it is possible to get in through the windows. He has never gotten close enough for fear of being caught. But it's dark; he has the night's shadows on his side. It's time to check; maybe she doesn't lock them. Looking around at all the windows overlooking the courtyard, he sees no one looking out. Now is his chance. He cannot wait; the urge is too strong. Nine hours until she comes home. He can get a lot done in 9 hours. He goes to the window quickly and does a test push to see if it's alarmed or locked. To his surprise, it's unlocked, and the inner pane is partially open. He pushes harder, and the glass slides to the right. First pane down…Asena is on the couch, watching him curiously. At the last pane, he pushed it hard to the side as it got stuck and jolted down the track. The jubilation he feels as he opens the window wide enough to squeeze through is almost unbearable. Reaching into his pocket, he throws Asena a few treats and makes the climb. Just his luck, the couch is on the other side of the window; it's a sectional and wraps around half her living room. His landing was soft and inviting. He knew it would be; everything about her is soft and inviting. He sees his last flower delivery on the coffee table.

 

Looking around, he sees a disorganized room. There is pink everywhere, but at the same time, Jenna has Michael Myers masks prominently displayed on shelves. It's so incongruous with the general design. She even has masks on the entertainment center. She has shelves and shelves of old national geographic magazines. On the top shelf is a haggard-looking orchid. He decides to water it for her before he leaves. He knows he will be there to take care of her soon, so why not start now? What he knows so far is that she likes horror, specifically Michael Myers. Based on the contents of her bookshelves, he can see she enjoys science and history. Because she only has an orchid, he deduces that they are her favorite flower… Duly noted. He spent a long time going through her living room and now knows he has so many things he can talk to her about. Then turns his attention to her inner sanctuary, her bedroom. That is the room he has dreamt about entering. He wants to hold her in his arms and make love to her in that bed. He wants to own her whole soul every time he enters her.

 

Next, he moves onto her nightstand. The top drawer is junk, a mixture of loose batteries, coloring books, and odds and ends. There was nothing too revealing there. He moves onto the bottom drawer and hits paydirt. He is excited to see that she is kinky. The bottom drawer contains various toys, cuffs, paddles, and lubes. Now we're getting somewhere. He picks up her small bullet, wondering if she would miss it. To have something that gave her the same pleasure he plans to give her every day of her life would be perfect. Impulsively, he shoves it into his pocket; it's coming home with him. Next is her laundry basket. It was so full of things he knew had to have recently been against her skin. Reverently, he starts to dig through her clothes. He finds a red lace bra and a matching pair of panties to the side. "Oh God!" he exclaims as he quickly snatches them up, and brings them lovingly to his face. He inhales deeply. Her perfume is light on the underwear, but he can smell her…all of her. The bra has a stronger scent of that magnetic perfume, but it also has the smell of her skin lingering on it, and she smells divine.

 

He looks to her bed, and impulse wins out. He finds himself buried in her messy sheets and blankets, rolling around, just feeling closer to her. He takes the underwear and inhales it deeply again as his hand starts to rub the front of his pants. He cannot help himself. He must cum in her bed; just the thought of her sleeping on the spot after it dried drove him crazy. With his face buried in her panties, he takes no time finishing on her sheets. He rubs his cum in so it will dry faster. He can't have her notice a strange spot and change the sheets. He goes through her bathroom cabinet, sprays her perfume on his shirt, and puts her toothbrush in his mouth. He wants to taste her. He spends hours going through her things. He checks his watch and realizes he only has 2 hours before she gets home. He has been in her apartment for over 7 hours. It's time to go. He waits at the laundromat for another hour and a half, still admiring her posts on Facebook. Now, it is time to head to her route so he can follow her home. He must be sure she is safe; there are a lot of psychos out there.

 

Like clockwork, she arrives home. She always parks in the same spot. He watches as she trudges inside and waits until she and Asena come out to wander the courtyard. Then Jenna takes Asena back inside. He can see her in her living room, and as soon as she shuts the door, she reaches under her shirt and rips the bra off. She is right in the middle of the room. She's starting to undress already. He can casually sit on the picnic bench and watch through her living room window. He sees her walk over to where she sat the new bouquet, and she inhales the floral scents. She replaces the bouquet on the coffee table with the new one. But she does something interesting with the old bouquet. She plucks a single rose from the bunch and picks out a book from her shelf, lovingly placing it inside before closing it. This is something new. What does it mean? Is she falling for him even more than she already had? He doesn't know, but he likes this latest development. He watches her flit from the bedroom to the kitchen to the living room, doing her morning tasks. She feeds the cat and dog. Jenna puts away her dishes from the night before. Disappointingly, she doesn't undress further. Just his luck, she goes to her bedroom before he can see more.

 

She is in her pajamas and sitting on the couch watching TV before bed. He can't get enough of her. She looks stunning, even seeing her sitting there, relaxing after a long day. She wears no makeup, her hair is loose and tangled, and she wears a shapeless nightgown. It is not enough to deter him. If anything, he loves her more for her naturalness. He knows it's not long before she decides to go to sleep. He hates the days she works because he barely gets to see her. He only gets brief glimpses before and after work. But he's seen enough to feel he knows her better than anyone else. On the days she is off, he watches for hours. He follows her from location to location. He even got a gym membership where she goes in hopes of running into her there. He hasn't been able to see her there yet because she has no clear routine. Her attendance seems to be a "when the mood strikes" thing. But he notices she tends to go more around 2 or 3 am.


He has been trying to get on that same schedule. He quit his job to get an overnight position so he could be up during the same hours Jenna is. He's changed so much to have a chance with her. He has even managed to stay out of trouble. This is the longest he's kept himself in check. He knows it's just a matter of time. He wonders where their first meeting will be, whether it will be a Coffee Connection, the gym, or the library. He has three more weeks to work that out. That is enough time to make this reunion spectacular. He wants to wow her, literally sweep her off her feet. He could not express his feelings as an inmate, but he will soon. He knows she has been waiting for him. He wonders, "Will she cry joyfully at seeing him again?" He is sure she will if he can plan this just right.

 

He is disappointed when he sees her head to bed a full hour sooner than usual. This will be the last he sees of her till 4:30 pm. It's such a long wait. But he pulls out as she fades from view and heads home to contemplate where they should meet again. As well as how to make it look like a coincidence. He only lives about 10 minutes away from her, so his drive home is short. When he gets home, he heads straight for his bedroom. Every inch of the walls is covered. There are pictures of her getting coffee, walking her dog, perusing books at the library, and countless Facebook and Instagram photos. His last thoughts as he drifts off to sleep are if she will notice the stain on the bed or if she will realize her red panties and bra have gone missing.


 

May 29, 2024 04:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.