0 comments

Romance

Warning- Mentions of smoking and drinking.

The town hated them, the two lovers were stuck together like glue and were side by side throughout the darkest days. One of pure heart and kindness while the other is full of bad habits.

The lovers could be seen spending their days wondering through the towns many shops wearing their dark and bright colors even if the towns people disagreed. See..Their home was divided into two sides, one for the bad habits and people who lived with crime while the other considered peaceful and joyful lives with their family and friends.

The towns folk would see the bad habit as they called her sitting alone with a cigarette in her gloved hand sitting on a bench until "Sun" arrived welcoming the other in excitement and a gift sometimes with flowers or a new hair accessory to wear. The people stared with hatred as the mayor had stated that "All habits must be forbidden of relationships and communication" if seen they must be removed out of their perfect town. The lovers knew of this rule but payed no attention defending one another when others showed their hatred by throwing things such as trash or junk at them when they walked by.

"Moon" held "Sun's" hand tightly as they arrived in court after multiple reports of them to the mayor who demanded they become separate but they denied. "Sun" vowed that she would never leave her lover as they were a sign of a true alliance between habits. The people were angered by this demanding different punishments for the two with hatred in their eyes.

The mayor sighed in annoyance as the couple stood strong before he raised his voice demanding the two would separate. The lovers stormed off and ran home gathering their belongings and bags, planning to escape the torment and be free together finally after those years. "Moon" grinned in excitement putting on a flower crown from "Sun" and ran back outside into the dead of night awaiting her lover. "Sun" rushed out and jumped into her arms, the two females embraced each other and ran off out of town...Away from their problems and the people who despised them and their feelings.

The two giggled and smiled celebrating their escape...In the morning the town was unsure of how to feel about the two lovers... They were scared but also glad, the issues were gone! But their families would be heartbroken...

The lovers spent the rest of their days spending time stuck side by side, both working on farms and a new home for them to live for the end of time. The two stayed together until they began to grow old and whittle away.. but that didn't stop their connections. It continued to grow until the two had fallen and took their last breaths...

After many years had passed the towns folk finally left their town in search of the couple after the parents asked and asked for help to find them and bring them home...They founded the cabin where the two had lived and walked inside seeing the fallen lovers holding each other close as their breaths had faded into the night sky..In sorrow and regret the towns people gathered the lovers and carried them to a far hill that was hidden with mushrooms that shined with the stars and the moon or glowed with the rising sun and blowing wind.

The towns people placed two well dug graves and placed the lovers side by side within them. Hanging a crescent moon on the joyful and a star pendant on the bad habits...The people bowed their heads and pleaded for their forgiveness and honor before putting the dirt down on the made caskets and left.

People today hear this legend and say they found the graves of the long lost lovers still side by side, some say you can smell faint smoke and the scent of fresh roses nearby when you approach the graves..The pendants have never been removed as folks say that it represents their connected hearts and love they had that continued to grow. Sometimes if your really lucky you can see an eclipse above the graves shinning on them from above ...People say thats the souls of the two lovers finally reaching peace before they vanish for day and night...It's become a honor to sit on that hill with your lover to show your acceptance to the past lovers who look down upon us.

Lovers and couples from all over from towns come together to tell the legend as if it was an origin story for how we were given the sun and moon today. The children love hearing the tale with small questions here and there while some get too curious and wish to search for the pendants and honor the lover themselves children have been told to not go just so they don't get lost, if they do people say you can see a speck almost like a star guiding them home as if it was one of the lovers returning them safe and sound. Looking at the future I hope people continue to honor the lovers as they proved that love is a very powerful thing and it should continue to grow and rise within our hearts.

Writing this story about this legend...Made us realize that they continue to look down and smile upon us welcoming new hearts and lovers into our land. We can't help but smile as an eclipse appears showing us they still remain up there with the many stars and galaxy surrounding our minds and bodies.

As I sit here next to you under the moonlight I hope and pray with the honor of the lovers that they will welcome us to the new life living in their warm embrace of stars and harmony with safe embraces and welcoming smiles. Perhaps this ring will let me have their permission and blessings to ask you that very question they onced asked..

Will you say yes and marry me?...

January 27, 2023 19:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.