Glenn's first decision

Submitted into Contest #95 in response to: Write about someone finally making their own choices.... view prompt

0 comments

Friendship Teens & Young Adult Crime

A man named Glenn always had trouble making decision’s for him self. So he really never made a decision he just agreed with people. On decision’s they made and went with it Glenn spent most of his, days not being able to decide what to do. He would like to go hang with friends. But also like to just stay in and watch movies he can not decide what to do.

Glenn leaves it up to his friends usually if they decide to call. To see if he wants to hangout Glenn goes with that. If not he just stays in Glenn really does not do much he would like to. He just can not make a decision as to what through out his journey of not being able to decide for him self. Glenn has gotten into some pretty bad situations because his friends like trouble.

Glenn just went along for the ride but always seemed to be the one in trouble. All of his friends pointed at Glenn as being the one that caused the trouble. He just went with it so his friends would still be his friend. But this time it is a lot different with getting into trouble Glenn has to go to court.

When Glenn goes to court he is not happy at all because his friends caused this. While wait to be seen by the judge all he can do is sit and think. Think about everything that lead up to this point think about why he is here. When his so called friends are out and about probably laugh it up. At how stupid he is knowing he is going to take the fall then come right back out and be friends again.

Little does his friends know Glenn is finally making his own decision. He has decided that he will not take the fall for this. When it comes time for Glenn to see the judge the Judge looks over the paper work. Looks at Glenn then give him a chance to explain him self. The judge asks.

Judge: ( I am going to just call you by your first name. I do not want to mess up your last name okay.)

Glenn: ( That is fine sir.)

Judge: ( Okay Glenn this is the second time I have seen you in here. Why is that?)

Glenn: ( Sir it is like this. I have never really made a decision in my entry life. When it came to what I did with my friends. Like what we did where we went any of that. I just went with what they did and they made me the fall guy every time. Now I am sick of it I am not doing it any more.)

Judge: ( You finally made the right decision I see. So this is how thing are going to go today.)

Glenn: ( I know I messed up. So please give me what punishment you deem necessary. I Will quietly take it.)

Glenn looks down as he finish’s his last statement to the judge. The judge looks over the paper work quietly knowing. What Glenn is charged with is not really all that bad the judge looks up at Glenn say finally saying. As Glenn is standing there visibly shaking waiting for the judge to hand down his punishment.

The judge clears his throat saying.

Judge: ( Glenn I see here that you have been in some trouble. Thanks to your friend making you the fall guy all the time. I have the statement from the cops here also they tell me you are a nice guy. Not once have you given them any trouble the cops have had trouble with your friends in the past. They also say they know that you are always the one that takes the fall when you all are together. Because your friends point the finger at you saying you are the one that did it.)

Glenn is no longer standing because the reality of it is sinking in. He may have waited to longer to make his own decision and stand up for his self. He is so scared that he can not even bring his self to look at the judge. As Glenn sits there with the judge talking about everything the judges voice seems to fade away. Glenn snaps out of his small panic attack as the judge finally says.

Judge: ( Glenn I have read off all the paper work.)

Glenn: ( Yes.)

Judge: ( Here is what I have decided.)

Glenn starts to get really nervous knowing he is going to jail. This time around he is angry at his self for letting his friends do this to him. Angry at his friends for doing it to him Glenn’s leg’s are shaking his gut is in knot’s his heart is pounding as the judge say.

Judge: ( Glenn.)

Glenn look’s up at the judge.

Glenn: ( Yes.)

Judge: ( I am recommending probation. Also I am recommending you go to see a Therapist. So you can become more confident in decision making of your own. So that you can find the right friends for you, so you do not end up back in my court room.)

A relief comes over Glenn as he sits there looking at the judge. Listening to his every word Glenn can not believe how nice the judge is being to him. Glenn stands up when the judge finish’s talking Glenn looks at the judge saying.

Glenn: ( Thank you judge.)

Judge: ( Do not thank me yet. The last thing I have to say is you probation is tied to your therapy. Your probation officer will keep in contact with your therapist. When your therapist says you no longer need counseling your probation will be done.)

Glenn: ( Yes sir. Thank you.)

Judge: ( Your welcome. Keep up with what I told you you have to do it.)

Glenn: ( Yes sir.)

The judge closes the file and says.

Judge: ( We are adjourned. Next case.)

Glenn walks out of the court room makes his way out side. Takes in a deep breath of the out side air walks over to the parking lot. See all his friends standing there waiting on him Glenn just give a big smile as his friend says.

Friend: ( See I told you it would not be bad. The judge let you off with a slap on the wrist right.)

Glenn looks at all of his friends saying.

Glenn: ( Yes he let me off because I made my first decision in there. Here is my second decision get away from my car get away from me. Do not every come around me again do not ever call me again. I will not be your fall guy anymore I thought in a way we was friend. But friend do not do what you guys have been doing to me.)

Friend: ( We are friend. I get it you are mad go about your day cool of and calm down. I will call you later.)

Glenn: ( See you just do not get it. We are not friends never have been. As for you calling me good luck because my next stop is canceling my phone. I am getting a new one and only my family is getting the number good bye.)

Glenn gets in his car drives away as his ex- friends stand there in disbelief. At what just happened hoping that one day Glenn will change his mind. Glenn does not ever change his mind he goes to his therapy. Meets with his probation officer weekly up until Glenn runs into his Ex-friend stand outside the grocery store.

Glenn looks at him gives him a wave that is it nothing else. No hi how are you nothing Glenn stuck to his word he gave the judge. He has no more contact with the people that got him into that nasty mess. Glenn also learned how to make his own decisions.

May 24, 2021 18:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.