Let go of pride and say thank you.

Written in response to: Write a story that includes someone saying, “Thank you for that.”... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Contemporary Happy

Saying Thank You – I'm the only one - I hope - who is stingy with saying “thank you”; But I also know that I am not alone. “Thank you” is one of the most difficult words for people to say. Another word is "I'm sorry." Let's start with the first one, the "thank you" or "thank you" beauty:

The shortest way to appreciate is to say "thank you" or "thank you". Every acknowledgment contains an appreciation; “I am aware of you and I am grateful!” means. Thanking someone actually means thanking the Creator. There is a hidden gratitude in thanks, no matter who or what it is said.

There are important places to say this beautiful word that is included in this courtesy rule. You can always and to everyone say; however, in some cases, the importance of giving thanks becomes more apparent, as in the examples we will discuss below. In particular, you can shake off the other person by showing an approach, not reacting.

Here are those seven common situations: .

1- Say “Thanks” when you receive a compliment

Thanking You – It's not okay to be indifferent after a compliment to prove you're not "proud". By devaluing the expression or being overly modest, you are ruining the praise that is being given to you. Inwardly, you think this keeps you from appearing arrogant or smug.

The problem is, by behaving like that, you're deflecting the praise of a genuine compliment. You are not accepting the person who makes a nice compliment. However, in response to a compliment, simply saying “Thank you” expresses your respect towards the person making the compliment.

Example: “Your dress looks great.”

Wrong response: “Oh, is that the old thing? I've been wearing it for years."

Correct Response: “Thank you. I am glad you like it."

Example: “Wow! You played a great game tonight. You played really well. ”

Wrong response: “Yes, but I missed that clear shot in Q3.”

Correct Response: “Thank you. It was a nice night."

Example: “It was a successful presentation!”

Wrong response: “Did I? I felt very nervous there. I'm glad you look good."

Correct Response: “Thank you. I'm glad you went well.”

Look: Do not deflect praise you. When you just say "thank you", you're taking the weight of the compliment and allowing it to be you. Saying “thank you” means that the compliments you receive in your mind turn into motivation. No need to sabotage the compliments that come your way. Accept them with grace and enjoy the moment.

2- Say “thank you” when you are late

Thank You – Being late is bad. For those who are late, being late is also stressful and can be considered disrespectful to the person waiting.

It may seem strange to thank someone in such a guilty state, but this is exactly the right response. Most people say “Sorry I'm late” when they're late for their appointment.

The problem is that this response is still not enough to dispel negative thoughts about you. “Sorry, I'm late.” Rather than saying, “Thank you for waiting,” meaning acknowledging the other person's sacrifice by waiting.

Example: You are 14 minutes late to the meeting room. You entered:

Wrong response: “I'm so sorry I'm late. The traffic seemed crazy outside.”

Correct response: “Thank you for your patience.”

When we make a mistake, someone else often makes the sacrifice. Our default response is to apologize for our failure, but the better approach is to praise the patience and loyalty of the waiter.

3- Say “Thank you” when comforting someone

Saying Thank You – When someone comes to you in a bad mood, they may speak strangely. Although they are good people, most people do not know how to talk in communication. Most of the time, he thinks it's a good idea to add a silver lining to the problem. They begin with phrases such as “Okay, at least…”

Actually, it doesn't matter if you don't know what to say. All that needs to be done is to sincerely thank them.

Example: Your co-worker's mother has recently passed away.

False response: “At least you have a lot of good memories to hold on to.”

Correct response: “Thank you for sharing this with me. I know today is a difficult time for you.”

Example: Your brother lost his job.

Incorrect response: "At least you're in good health."

Correct response: “Thank you for sharing this with me. I'm here to support you."

Example: You heard that your friend's pet died.

False response: “At least he had a long and happy life.”

Correct response: “Thank you for sharing this with me. I'm here for you."

In times of pain, as much as we need someone to share the pain with, we also want to hear kind words to ease the pain. If you don't know what to say, just say "Thank you" and make it feel like you're there.

4- “Thank you” when receiving helpful feedback. please say

Thank You – Feedback is helpful. Complaints as well as praise nourish and grow you. The standard response, whether it's a poor performance review from your boss or an email from an unhappy customer, is defensive. This is embarrassing. Because the correct answer is simply to say “Thank you” and use it to improve the subject of the complaint.

Example: “This job you are doing is not good enough; I thought you would do better. ”

False response: “You really don't know what's going on here.”

Correct response: Try saying “thank you for expecting more from me”.

Example: “I received your product last week and it is already broken. I am not satisfied with this experience. ”

Wrong response: “How did you use it? We have made it very clear in our terms and conditions that the product is not designed to work in certain conditions.“

Correct response: “Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are determined to be better. Can you share more details about the problem?”

Nobody likes to fail, but failure is just a data point. Respond to helpful feedback with thanks and use it to get better.

5- Say “thanks” when receiving unfair criticism

Acknowledgment – Some criticisms are not the type to be helpful. It can carry extreme negativities such as hatred and contempt. Being rude to them won't do you any good. One of the best approaches is to say thank you and move on.

When you thank someone for criticizing you, the power of their expression is immediately neutralized. If it's not a big deal to you, then it can't turn into a bigger argument.

Example: “This might be good advice for beginners, but anyone who knows what they're doing will find it useless.”

Incorrect response: “Obviously I wrote this for beginners. It may come as a surprise, but you don't remember everything."

Correct response: “Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will try to improve it next time.”

Example: "Your statement was the dumbest thing I've read all week."

Wrong response: “You are an idiot. Let me tell you why…”

Correct response: “Thank you for your feedback. There is still a lot to learn.”

You don't have to satisfy your need to win every argument. This is actually a sign of maturity. Did someone on the internet say something wrong? So what. Earn your argument through living your life.

6- Say “Thanks” when someone gives you unsolicited advice

Saying Thank You – It can be frustrating to hear someone's thoughts about you, even if you don't want to. Sometimes this happens in a sarcastic way. Take a better approach to those who force you to be rude in such an attack and simply say, "Thank you." say.

Example: “You should keep your hips back while doing this exercise.”

Wrong response: “Really? Do you have a video so you can see what I'm doing right? ”

Correct response: Try saying “thanks for your help”.

Pointing out other people's mistakes does not make your own mistakes go away. Even if unsolicited, thank people for raising your self-awareness.

7- Say “Thanks” when you are not sure whether you want to thank someone or not.

Saying Thank You – Say thank you when in doubt. It has no disadvantages. Don't worry about showing too much gratitude to the people in your life; it will all come back to you as happiness.

Don't stop now; Send an out-of-pocket thank you for a favor you see.

You have shaved or eaten; If you can't tip, at least say thank you.

Say thank you more often.

You don't lose anything by giving thanks; but you gain a lot.

Let go of pride and say thank you.

December 06, 2022 10:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.