0 comments

American Bedtime Fiction

"Look here! Im needing to pay my car payment!"

"Sorry, my system says you owe $600.79 as of June 9, 2022."

"No, I fucking need to pay $550!"

"Sorry, -"

"I to fucking speak to a person RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!"

"I will get someone on the line in 1 minute."

5 minutes later

"This is Fran, how may I help you?"

"Ma'am, I can't stand these electronic shit!"

"I can't either."

"Now, I need to make my car payment and that recording didn't even accept my credit card number."

"Yes Sir, I'll be able to take your card here."

After getting off the phone with the car dealership. I don't get how you kids think that we can handle a robot.

Now a days, our phones have minds of their own. They either tell you how much money you owe. What numbers to call. Or keep repeating themselves. Luckly, they know enough to get you to a representative.

The closest thing I've seen of a robot that looks like it thinks on it's own is a robot vaccum. This, I'll give. Seems to know what direction it needs to go before I move it in MY direction. The round vaccums that rome around the floow.

Right now if you're reading this short story in year let say 2067. Honey, this was what technology looked like here in 2022. The internet on our phones and computers is still being scammed with. That's why we are worried about having robots rule the world in a minute.

Today went well.

Evening time. 7pm

My wife came home from 👷 work. Shelly told me how much of her customers were complaing about how well the place looked. "Really?" "Yeah." Shelly went to put the laundry in the washer since it's laundry day. She noticed how a shirt of mine was misssing. "Honey? I could have sworn your red shirt needed to be washed this week. Hmm?" "Let me go look in our room. It must be on the other side of the bed." Shelly was putting the rest of the laundry in the washer machine. She was able to find all her undies and my boxers. All my other shirts, the white ones, the brown and the grey ones. "Honey, I found all our other clothes. Your grey shirts, my pants. Did you find your red shirt?" "I'm still looking!" "Ok, because I'm still getting all our clothes in the washer machine!" Shelly yelpped." "Nevermind, start the washer without it." "Alright!"

"Will?"

"I never usually miss any of your clothes. How this happened?"

"I dunno."

"Hmm?"

While the machine was going. I went to vaccum the living room. Shelly went to clean the bathroom. I handed her the rags and the spray bottle. I also took out the trash.

After chores got done. I popped on videos on Youtube on my phone. I set it up standing on the kitchen counter while Shelly was cooking. We usually hangout in the kitchen together for the most by here.

"So, how else was work?"

"Deana, my boss was stressed out as usual."

"Sorry to hear. Was it more shipment or the usual complaints?"

"Both."

Shelly got out the beefaroni and asked, "you want one or two?" Will replied, "I'll like two." "Alright." Shelly got out two cans of beefaroni. She got the can opener she got well over a year ago. She was able to open both cans. Shelly got out the olive oil and did put a pinch of it in the sauce pan. I love watching her cook. It's usually fun to watch over and over again. "I got the stove on MEDIUM." "Good. I like watching." Will replied. "So, how was your day off?" "My day was pretty good." "Did you take a walk to the park?" "Yes, I did." "Did you run into that one lady, Mrs. Timmer" "Yes, I did. She told me how she has been holding up pretty good. She's been thinking about what new cat she wants to get still. She wants a very bubbly personality." "Great! How's her daughter done?" Shelly asked. "Pam is doing good. She still shows up everyday to see her. She also still works at the mill." "What else did Mrs. Timmer tell you?" "Mrs. Timmer told me about what gossip seems to go on in the neigborhood." Will replied. "Hummm??" "I also went to Sam's house today, too." "How's Sam?" Shelly was wondering. "Sam is doing great. You should see his new screen TV. Sam and I were enjoying playing Minecraft on it. We built several houses and some stores around it. It was awesome! Oh, and his wife Janis said hi by the way. She said she'll call you tonight." Shelly replied, "Ok."

Eating dinner to the TV. "I have to say this couch is very comfy tonight." "Really? It feels the same to me. The couch must love you tonight." Shelly said. "Yeah, she does." Manuvering his foot under the coffee table. "O-M-G!! I found my red shirt." "Let me go pop this in the washer before it hits the rinse cycle." "Thanks." We're still was watching the new superman show on the CW. Shelly gets back on the couch, "I'm glad you found your shirt." "I'm glad I did, too." "What I missed?" "Louis and Clark just showed up at one of their kids birthday party. Confetti fell from the celin."

The washer machine went off. "Good! It's done." Shelly said. "I'll go put the clothes in the dryer." Will replied. "I'm glad some applances still work. Wished our internet work just as great." Will continued to mention. "What do you mean?" Shelly wondered. " I had an issue with car dealership today. But, I got it taken care of. I paid the bill." "Good."

I went to go put the clothes in the dryer and I noticed a raccon in the garage and it pointed at the dryer for a minute. I grabbed the clothes and put in a chunk at a time in the dryer. I found my wife's favorite bra. It was the laced lavander one with stain straps. All of the bra is lavender. Then, I found her favorite pants. American blue jeans as can be. Side pockets are empty, 'good'. Got my white shirts out the washer and my pants I need for work too. Got the dryer working. Put the clothes in for an hour. "Thanks raccon". The raccon didn't move. He was sitting there now twilling his 👍 thumbs.

June 13, 2022 17:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.