Can I live forever as a mind ?

Written in response to: Write a story that includes the phrase “Maybe in another life.”... view prompt

0 comments

Science Fiction

Is my mind wandering ?

who am i

I have the power to think. Where is the body on earth ? I have a small body. Why am I floating in the sky ?

Am I light ?

Or do I have mental strength ?

Along with me, many other minds were wandering around you

.no one knew how the finish would be at the destination.

I did not remember how the earth, the environment I lived in, was destroyed.

There were no living cells in it. The green system was all destroyed. The entire environment was blackened. What has happened ?

My memories started to fade.

Born in a rural environment, my house was located in the middle of a field. I lived with my mother and father and studied in an urban main girls' college. I didn't have any brothers and sisters, and spending time with Lata until the garden came down was my pastime since childhood. Sometimes I longed to taste the guavas and madangs along the paddy field near the paddy field. Blue One was looking at the flocks of birds flying in the sky with great desire. It was a meditation for me to focus on the sound of the flock of birds chirping in the grass. It was a great pastime for me to jump into the sky and see the small balls. .The balls appeared green against the leaves of the trees.

Today I am like a ball that floated towards the sky.

Until I see a color like this today, Lata has not even seen anything that meets the eye.

Having passed the general examination with flying colors, I studied higher in the biology department. At that time, my favorite subject in school was microbiology. It was a hobby of mine to see the filaments of the lira through the microscope. The world of fungi that I saw through the microscope then has surrounded me in front of me today. In space. Floating around my floating body are thousands of fungal filaments.

I remembered how I fell in love with a young man in my school days. I was unaware that I fell in love with Asanka. It was my friends who acted as accomplices to his love in the school bus.

' Asanka is a good boy, isn't he '?

One day a girl asked me.

" So what about me? "

' I saw that he was looking at you for a long time. '

' nonsense '

At first I thought it was absurd, but later I developed a fondness for Asanka.

Soon we both became lovers.

Sometimes sitting on one seat of the school bus and chatting with Ansaka on love buses came to mind.

Asanka had no desire to further his education. His hope was to join the Air Force after his high school exams.

My hope was to become a scientist.

I remember when Sanka made fun of me.

' Why are you studying ? How can you study when you have two or three children? '

' I will go where I want anyway '

' I don't care, find someone you like when you go to university '

' I am very attached to you '

Saying so, I pressed Asanka's hand. The loving look he looked at me made my heart melt.

' You tell the house about me. I will come home after the exam. '

' Let's see after the exam, Asanka .'

As I got closer to my high school exams, I paid more attention to my studies. After the exam, I had to stay at home and wait for the results. Asanka joined Air Force Service. Asanka joined me on phone.

According to the high school results, I had got university admission in biology department.

Asanka was not very interested in my going to university, but she also agreed to my ambition.

My parents consented to marry Asanka. Asanka sometimes came to Mag University. 02 years passed like this.

I received an urgent phone call.

Countless airmen have lost their lives in accidents.

I felt unbearable pain.

I definitely could not forget it, but it had to be done. After completing my university education, I had an opportunity to join a project engaged in research on the origin of life. I initially worked under a young scientist.

Through that project, we managed to find a large number of organisms that can live without mitochondria. Our team believed that it would be possible to create an alien life as well. My love affair with the young scientist ended in marriage. By this time, all the memories about Asanka had gone away from me. I became a mother because of the daughter I got after marriage. It was a moment when I fulfilled all my needs and spent my life happily.

05 years ago, scientists had predicted a world destruction in the year 3000. That is, an asteroid a thousand times larger than the Earth will cause a collision with the Earth. In the days when that statement was made, a very controversial discussion spread all over the world. All the people of the world were shocked. After about 02 years, this asteroid It was announced by scientists that they could leave the earth. The fear of all the people of Lo disappeared. Until then, the memories about it left all the minds. The human immune system was strong because of the vaccination system for all diseases. Vaccination for deadly diseases like cancer. The life span of all mankind had increased because of taking. Robotic technology had been used to make human activities easier. All countries had become industrial cities.

This active land has turned into a pile of ashes. My memories awakened. That was the day the earth breathed its last. I was approaching the work place. The earth received a big shower of dust and I felt as if I was being lifted up from where I was. With a loud noise, my body started to burn from the flames that arose around me. I remembered my loved ones. I thought what might have happened to my daughter.

I felt like I was being pulled into the sky. Then I had no body. I could think something. A few other subconscious minds could be seen floating along with me. It was not possible to determine whether it was the minds of those who lived with me.

My mind drifted and entered another planet. It was very beautiful. The human race that lived on that planet was very beautiful. Their precious conversations were very precious. I had no desire to live among them.

I could see a very tough group of people like soldiers. Their residences were built in palaces in the middle of the forest. They had a signal system that could connect with other planets.

I did not have much desire to live among such human beings. There were talented scientists in those habitations. There were advanced laboratories. In these laboratories, artificially growing embryos could be identified. When the embryos grew, they resembled the worms on Earth. These animals were seen being sent away with the planes.

I was not sure about the place they were sent to. Are they sent to another planet ?

Life on Earth may have started with animals from such a planet ?

Are such creatures the reason for life on Earth again ?

Will these animals evolve to live on Earth and have developed minds like humans ?

How long will it take ? I did not have any desire to enter my mind into the embryos of such animals. There were large rings in these forests and a species of giant people lived in those forests. I could see that they were often spending time arguing with each other. I could understand that some of them were dying from the conflicts between each other.

My mind turned to Earth again. After that, my destination was a laboratory where bacterial cells were cultivated. In these laboratories, a group of what could be thought of as brilliant scientists seemed to be working very diligently. I saw that. It became clear to me that it was being transported to other planets. I also traveled in that plane.

The plane carrying the bacterial cells reached a red sea on another planet. All the bacterial cells were released into the sea. I entered the bacterial cell.

The bacterial cell was immersed in red sea water. Red bodies were formed inside the cell. It became an energy producing organ in the cell. The cell had kinetic energy. The cell could swim in water. When the cell sprouted, several more offspring were born. From that, one cell multiplied and grew into a multicellular animal. Over time, thousands of animals were born. The multi-celled animal species evolved into a form of fish. The bodies of those animals did not need to take food from the outside. Food could be synthesized in the red bodies in the animals. I watched the evolution of animals very much. I did not want to be in the bodies of animals.

The fish-like animal changed again. The brain and head developed as the nervous system developed. The last evolution form that took the same form as the human that lived on earth had a fish fin on the back of the body. Two sides, female and male, could be identified.

They had the ability to come to the surface of the water and live in the land.

I still only have a mind. I saw a movie about the origin of life. Life is still evolving.

Am I still living as a mind ?

Can I live forever as a mind ?

May 04, 2023 07:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.