0 comments

Contemporary Fiction Western

Using the internet by ordinary people to find their mates have earned dating sites millions of dollars without even learning whom they matched. matching couples can be an easy way to do if they could find really a good match and the most important thing if one is planning to look for one is how legitimate is the site. Beware of scammers looking for a mate in a different way when they post about emergency situations asking for help to free them from danger and need urgent help to get out of it. Mostly seniors are their targets knowing they could pitch a bit of their savings. That's why most cybersecurity agents warns seniors not to answer messages at all if they don't know the person. Even banks warns the customers not to give their personal information by email or by phone. That's how risky using the internet by lonely people seniors in particular. Many instances have been published how a scammer made thousands of dollars using a site to tell his victims that he was forcibly arrested and imprisoned falsely accused of a crime he has not committed and he needs money to bail him out promising he would double the money when he gets out from prison having millions of dollars in his bank account sending an screenshot what he has deposited. This maybe a kind of greediness when they made a deal together then the victim sends the money to pay it and goodbye to the victim as the prisoner vanished in the air. When the victim goes to cybersecurity agency even to the police, they may shrugged their shoulders telling it is hard to follow up and there is no way to find the culprit who may have used a false name. This is one of the technicality of the internet when they advertised about security and privacy. Why have these things happen? It is a part of the game when you have a device to connect with other people. Bear in mind that the internet can make or break people's lives like in business. When you are in business know the people you are dealing with. Say you were notified to claim your prize for winning a vacation somewhere to visit Mexico and you were hooked to it and paid a small amount to make a deposit. After that there was no site and no email to confirm the transaction so it was a scam. Other kinds of business like setting up a free website to sell your products in the internet to make hundreds of dollars when using their site with a free sign up. You didn't look into the fine print that there is three months trial period and then you will pay a monthly fee so you have to collect the money back through your credit card company and let them stop the charges. Beauty products sold in the internet do the same luring customers to try free samples. After receiving the product it was a big volume that it was not in the free sample order which is not returnable and refundable in the fine print that you signed. The free sample becomes the hook line and sinker for customers who are mostly women for their quest to remain young or reverse aging to look always attractive when they appear in social circles that they belong especially professionals. How come the internet became really an information highway? It is easy to navigate. Communication is done in seconds like emails to use in business. Webinars is confirmed for attendance. But be careful when signing up too as it is your identity. Be cautious when signing up. Hackers steals identities to destroy their record or they sell email addresses to be used by big companies. Many advertise for paid surveys. It is time consuming which becomes garbage to the participant but the survey company makes money by collecting money from businesses they represent. The most disgusting part for signing up to the internet is the user price. The starting price may be very low but it will gradually rise and when calling the provider they will not explain about the charges but again you have to read the fine print that the charges will change after it expires because you signed a one year contract, a new contract is not needed stated in fine print about the higher charges. Most customers leave the company and look for another one to start a new account. How about if a glitch happen and there is a black out and even government agencies were affected especially the internet and cellphone number are interconnected? Most people dropped their landline to minimize their monthly expenses but others have both as the landline number have been used for a longtime given to private companies and government agencies. Some will not also get a bundle, dropping the landline internet and even television. Their cellphones have it all. So what can you do if everything is not working? They say the internet provider will fix and no further explanation made even the government cannot question them The internet change the communication world used by everyone around the world. How did it affected an individual user? In the case of a black out or disconnection , wait for its restoration , but when the user reads on the screen that the internet is disconnected is a different story. If the individual person is computer literate he/she may choose an alternative provider rather than the popular one. Popular providers will charge a high rate when they come in to check and fix the connection. As an individual user look for alternative providers maybe smaller one to let you buy the modem and the router to connect to the internet. When there is a disconnection they teach their customers on how to get connected by following the instructions on the screen chatting with the technician. The technician will personally look into the screen and find if everything is running smoothly but they will not touch the built in security some of the applications will be deleted and now the internet is connected. Health care is a big business in the internet especially for people who are looking for home remedies to their ailments and healthcare professionals are taking advantage and make money through signing up with different programs. Some claim the efficacy of the product they are promoting aside from asking people to sign up for membership. The most stinging topic to find a cure is diabetes and people sign up to these groups doctors form claiming their program could help the patient by showing samples of the food they are taking. The most controversial part of their program is fasting. Fasting that could take place everyday and the patient could fill no hunger and still strong. With synthetic medication they are taking destroying their immune system how can a patient survived the intermittent fasting? Even if there is a direct contact with the patient her /his empty stomach still needs some food to process which is the work of the intestine. There is already a damage to the immune system and the pancreas is not doing its job. Their reason, in ancient time the body produces its insulin from another factor which is not clearly explained. But these doctors collect money for those who attend their seminars face to face consultations, meetings and conferences with members who can afford , how about those who cannot? Direct supervision of every patient is needed to ensure for their health and well being. Virtual consultations of the sick or phone conversations cannot substitute the actual diagnostic procedure of a sick patient, it is advisable and more beneficial to seek advice at the emergency department of a hospital rather than signing up to these kind of groups.

February 05, 2023 02:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.