0 comments

General

I can hear her humming to herself even before i am home. I'm nowhere close but I hear her. I knows she's standing there, in one of my shirts, hopefully in nothing but her underwear, cooking a meal she doesn't believe tastes good. She's cooked it a hundred times and always asks the same thing, "does it taste alright?"

As soon as i come through the door, that smile washes away all of the stress of the day. That smile is what i live for. I've experienced alot of dark places in my life, and i would give anything if that smile had been there through them. To light my way to freedom.

she doesnt say anything when she sees me. just a smile and back to her meal. I undress in our room. It smells like us. a mixture of love, sweat and a slight hint of dog. The meal she's cooking is swimming through the house. It has become my favorite meal, mostly because she is so proud of it.

i make my way to the kitchen and she has her back to me. God how am i lucky enough to have this woman in my life? i wrap my arms around her and breath in her scent. The scent i have dedicated my life to for the past 5 years. "I love you", i whisper in her ear and she laughs. One of my favorite sounds. She is so easy to make laugh but i love the sound of it.

We make small talk about our day and the whole time i just watch her. All the little movements she makes, some shes not even aware of. The focus in her eyes, her lips pressed together as she tastes her meal. It's all so beautiful and so simple. i could spend the rest of my life just staring at her. I've never had a love like this in my life, and i dont think i will ever again if i ever lose her.

When she's done cooking, the pride on her face brings me joy. she took simple ingredients and made them into a beautiful feast for us. My heart swells with love for this woman. I fall for this woman more every day of my life. The part of my day i look forward to most is coming home and see that smile, all while she's cooking dinner.

February 28, 2020 20:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.