0 comments

LGBTQ+ Suspense

Kit Katlin is the oldest of her family, her siblings have a different father than her. She has four siblings ages, five and six, seven and eight. Kit doesn’t who her father is, she is 16 her mother got pregnant while at a party at age 19. Eli is the youngest, he loves Kit even though she is much older than him. Kit was going threw the attic looking for some party supplies, her mother is having a party celebrating her promotion. Kit found some old photos and other things but finally found the party supplies all the way in the back she picked up the box and something fell on the floor. Kit wasn’t worried she was just going to grab it later. Kit had made a small corner of the attic a hiding place after going up there and seeing the open space, when you have four younger siblings you will want to hide. She had found some old Christmas lights and curtains. She was going shopping to get some pillows and blankets.

“Mom, I’m going out ill be back later” Kit yelled.

“Alright be safe” her mom yelled back. One reason Kit wanted the secret space was so she could actually get time with her girlfriend, Sora. Eli wanted to come really badly and Kit went and asked her mom if she could take him with her. “Yes, have him home before 8:30 alright”

“Alright” As Kit and Eli walked into the store, someone scoffed and mumbled something under their breath. Kit usually has earplugs that look like Bluetooth earbuds but forgot them and heard what they said.

“This is my little brother, ma, am” Kit said as she walked by. Kit got some thin and thick blankets and some new pillows, three really cute animals a bird, cat, and axolotl. When Kit and Eli got home Kit took him to his room to get ready for bed. Kit snuck into the attic to put her new stuff up there. ‘I should have gotten a mattress’ Kit’s mom was going threw the rooms checking if everyone was ready for bed. Kit got out of the attic.

“Kit? What were you doing in the attic?”

“Oh, I made a mess when looking for the party supplies and cleaned it up.”

“Ok dear, go to bed in an hour” Kit was allowed to stay up later than her siblings and would use the time to talk about the day to Sora. Kit, while on the phone with Sora, looked online for the cheapest twin mattress.

“Hey, Kitty you there?”

“Yeah, sorry Pretty Bird. I’m looking for something.”

“What are you looking for?”

“Not going to tell you, it’s time for me to go. Love you Pretty Bird”

“Love you more Kitty”

 Kit then went to bed, she got out of school early, and she did find a mattress for cheap. Kit got the mattress up the two flights of stairs and the attic ladder when everyone got home. She went and asked if Sora could come over for dinner. Kit can’t style anything but clothes, wanted help with that and a reason to see Sora out of school. Sora and Kit had used that they wanted to play hide and seek to sneak into the attic to do what they wanted.

“I didn’t think of getting new bedsheets, what colour should I do then?” Kit asked embarrassed.

“I think a soft pink or seafoam would match the curtains the most,” Sora said. The two of them just cuddled and didn’t do much more until it was dark. Sora headed home and Kit had started to wonder what had dropped a few days before. She found an old roll of film. Kit asked her mom about and she said it wasn’t used. Kit pretend to get rid of it but took it to school to show Sora.

“That is definitely used, you should get it developed.” Sora was very excited about it. Sora and Kit had gone to a place that worked with film a lot. They insisted to develop them for free, not using such old film for a long time. When Kit got home her mom was mad. She went behind her back and took the film. Kit ate dinner and went straight to the attic. Kit started to feel very sick and couldn’t keep anything down for a few days. Sora had taken care of her every afternoon. The film was ready, and Kit and Sora went and picked it up.

“What do you think will be on it?” Sora asked.

“Probably just my mom's teen life” Kit answered. The two of them went to an ice cream place to get some food. Kit could keep everything, but whatever her mom made down. Kit’s eyes went wide as she looked at the first photo. The photo was of her mother when she was 19 and at a party, there was a girl who had her arm around her mom and was kissing her cheek. There was a dude on the other side with his face squished into the picture. The following pictures were either some random things around or her mom kissing the two people. Kit showed Sora.

“Babe, your mom was poly or really drunk. This is who I’m guessing is your father.” Sora and Kit headed back to the school. 

“I’m going to confront my mom, she must know who this is” Kit said as they got out got of the car. Sora kept saying that it would be so soon to do that but Kit didn’t listen. “C-Could you stay with me when I do?” Kit asked.

“Of course Kitty,” Sora said. 

Later that night, Kit had just given the pictures to her mom and asked about the party. Kit’s mom got mad and said she didn’t need to say anything about that night.

“IS THAT MY FATHER?” Kit yelled at her mother. Kit’s mom looked at her surprised.

“Yes, The other person is your mom, they couldn’t care for a kid. I have been dredging the day I would tell you. Their wedding is next month they have been wanting to meet you.” Kit’s ‘Mom’ said. At the wedding Kit’s parents were surprised to see Kit holding hands with a girl. Kit looked around the new environment. Sora pecked her cheek and whispered that she was there. Kit’s Bio mom had seen her threw the window and asked one of the bridesmaids to go get her and the other girl with her. As soon as Kit walks into the room she was embraced. Kit had found out the lifelong secret just by finding the old roll of film.

May 07, 2022 01:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.