0 comments

Kids

Some times people that come into our life have a particular reason. Sometimes they come to change us or we happen to be changed there. Some times we can make friends in 5 years and we can be someone best friends within a short time and it can be last longer than other ones.

Today I’m going to tell a story about my personal experience of life that how I became friends with a particular person more specifically stranger to a very good friend. It was 2019 back to my university days I was all alone and I was telling my self that “am I the only one all alone” The .first day, as usual, I don’t know anyone. I went to our seminar not for studying, of course, nothing to do actually. there I saw everyone as busy to do his\her assignment. by looking at all of there concerns towards assignment I thought “maybe I should mine to” but doing about the assignment I forgot my pen at that time a girl was sitting in front of me her name was Maliha. I asked her to give me a pen. she gave me her at that it was my first interaction with her later we sat in the classroom together. Talking about instant friendship NO! it wasn’t instant but we were so close we felt like we know each other before we met and that’s good /I think the day I bought a pen from her it feels like it clicks the pen the friendship all at once. Yes we have some issues and sometimes we fight but now it has been two years and we spent a very quality amount of time and the relationship with her I think it constantly getting stronger day by day . not gonna lie we were in a group and being in a group I don’t use to hang out with maliha that much compare to my other friends and there is a reason. In my earlier day when I meet her, I found her very rude and she does not like to smile I’m not telling that she’s a nerd but she doesn’t like unusual drama and I always feel like she won’t understand or we might not be a good friend but eventually it changes yes it changes and I’m very happy that it did. When I came to her connection when I express my feelings I realize that she has the most beautiful and kind heart she is kind of a person that does anything for the people she loves and that attract me so much. After knowing her better I won’t lie I just kind of fallen love with her. Yes you heard me I just can’t stop falling for her but eventually, I came to know that she has a boyfriend and  I was ok with it. But still, I consider her as one of my good friends and I think we might end up being best friends someday I probably don’t know. When it comes to friendship I become sometimes possessive. Yes, you heard me. The thing is I don’t like to share my favorite person with anyone and I know it is wrong .she is a kind of girl version of me. I don’t know does she consider me as her close friend or as a normal friend but I know it does not work that way but I like her as a friend and I don’t want to lose and I need to stop being so possessive otherwise it will make me creep Our relationship has grown in professional aspects too, from a boss-employee relationship to now, partners, in our own company (DCA Holding). This does not mean that every friendship can blossom in business, as I have personally experienced the downfall of my own friendships when it came to being business partners. But thankfully, my friendship with Na persevered and only became stronger through our work. Perhaps it’s the deep love and respect we both have for each other that makes working together feel so easy and meaningful too. Or it could be that we embody the same visions and values when it comes to life and business. When we do something together, it becomes both a beautiful experience and an amazing end-result because we both go into each project with all our hearts and never settle for anything that is less than what we envision for. When I first started becoming an entrepreneur, I thought that I needed strong partners who are more experienced and more financially capable than me. But through the years, I realized, the most important partner I ever needed was someone who would love the work and the purpose of the work as much as I do, someone who would believe in me and have my back through any set back and challenges. Together, we built KAfe, we built Yu Tang, and everything that we continue to envision together. That, to me, is the best partnership you can have in business and in life. They say if you want more romance and love in your life, start by making your friendships romantic. It may sound funny but with Na, I always feel that it’s not just friendship but also a deep love and mutual respect that makes the friendship “romantic” in its own way. Now this is not the same love as boy girl love, but it is no different than the solid love you have with family and the deep bond you may have with your spouse. We always make time for each other and celebrate our special moments together in a “romantic” way. We give each other gifts, celebrate our friendship anniversary (in fact our 7th anniversary is today!), and have “dinner dates” every now and then to catch up on everything that goes on in our lives, even though we already see each other everyday at work. Perhaps that is why we both never felt like we “needed” a man to make us happy. In fact, the majority of the years we have known each other, we were happy singles. I never felt lonely or the need to find someone just to make me less lonely, because I already had a friendship that fulfilled me. To everyone who is still single out there, my number one tip to you is to find a friend that makes you feel as loved and as fulfilled as possible, instead of seeking it in a romantic partner. You will realize that having a friend like that in your life will make you confident, happy and never insecure or afraid to lose whoever you are going to date. Now that is going to attract much healthier relationships towards you.



May 06, 2020 19:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.