0 comments

Romance

May, 2020

It all started when I needed a break from my annoying parents so I left Canada and came to explore the beautiful Paris with my sister. My sister always wanted to visit London but this time I convinced her to come with me here.

 “So where do you want to start off? “ said my older sister Emma. I looked at her and made an evil smile and she laughed too because she knew where I was thinking and of course it was the Eiffel Tower. 

We dropped our staff at the Jeanne d'Arc Hotel and we booked the same room. We took shower and changed our clothes.

“Ready” I asked Emma nodded her head with a smile.

 It was fifthteen minutes walking so we stopped by a store near the tower where he was selling jewelers “come take a look at these beautiful jewels” I said I took the  nickels that says Paris on it and my sister took a bracelet that says Paris after we finished buying them we continued walking until we got there we both gasp and our mouth dropped with shockness it was so beautiful the tower was so tall. 

We took a walk around it then we took a few pictures of it. We continued walking until me and Emma snapped our heads to where we heard someone calling Emma when I saw how my heart dropped. “OMG” Emma said I looked at her “do you know him? I asked her “yes I do” I was shocked to see him after 4 years. “Emma hi said Nialle he said and hugged her I stood where I was I didn’t know what to do. Then he turned and faced me and said “hi” I looked at him and nod “hi” I said in return  then Emma looked at us “you guys know each other” when he was about to say something I interrupted and said “no I actually never seen him before” he looked at with shocked “neither have I seen you before” then my sister said “okay well this is my sister Alla and this is my friend Nialle I meet him about a year ago at work.” We exchange hi and Nice meeting you with each other. 

“Why didn’t I admit that I knew him about four years ago?” I said to myself

Flashback

Wednesday September 2017

It was my first year at college and I didn't know anyone I was approved for nursing.

When I went to class there were so many boys and girls. I took a seat  in the back then someone came and sat beside me “ what the hell couldn’t find somewhere to sit but beside me” I said to myself then a girl came stood beside and said in a mean way “that's my seat sit somewhere else” I looked at her “what?” that all  I could say “  I

Said thats my seat” almost yelling when I was about to say something the gut beside me yelled at her “just shut up Nikki just sit somewhere else” he said and she looked at him in disgusted way “mind your own business” she to him “And I said shit up leave her alone and sit somewhere else”.

She looked at him with hate in her eyes and walked away.

“Thank you” I said to him “no problem she can be jerk sometimes” I smiled at him

“Nialle” he said and gave me his hands to shake “Alla” we shook hands we gave a small smile to each other then the pressor came and started talking. The whole class took us an hour and half.

When the class ended “your new” then I realized he was asking me “yes, you?”

“ Second” he said “cool” I said and smiled almost laughing while I was gathering my staff “what?” he laughed “sorry its didn’t know that boy are that interested in nursing” i said with laugh “yeah I know it just that my parents wants me to become a doctor which is something I never wanted” he said and lowered his eyes “oh” I didn’t want to keep asking him question and we just met when he was about to say something Nikki came interrupted us “coming or you will be sleeping here day” said she said to him. “Coming what is with you today” he said to her and she rolled her eyes at him.

“Umm he said while pushing his hair back “want to us me us he said with a small laugh like he was embarrassed “I-I don't know she seems she doesn’t like me” I told him in low voice “where are you going anyways” I asked him “don't worry about her she won’t bother you, we are going to cafeteria outside of here to grab something to drink I umm don't want force you if you don’t want  I mean you can come if” before I let him finish “okay okay im coming you talk to much” I said to him and laughing then he joined me and laughed “if your done joking with each other we need to go the group is waiting for us” Nikki said and she walked out. 

Then we walked out while Nialle asked me a couple of questions about me and I answered him. When we reached the cafeteria it was beautiful. It was bigger than I imagined when we got to his group friends . He introduced me to them. They were friendly, not like nikki.

Nialle offered to buy me my drink. I didn’t let him but he did anyway. We sat there about half an hour then I realized that all of his friends left, it was only me and him left alone. 

It wasn’t that I don't feel uncomfortable around him but it's that I never talked to boys before. We exchanged smiles because we didn’t know what to say. It was awkward. Then he finally said “umm yo you wanna leave” I looked at my phone time. I was late home for 40 minute i have to be at work in an hour. “Yes I have to be at work in hour” then we got up “you have a car” he said “no I go walking it 20 minutes away” he raised his eyebrow on me “you go walking for 20 minutes” he said “why are you shocked” I said to him “can I give you a ride” he looked serious “its okay I can go walking.

Nialle pov

When I was walking behind her I knew she was new. I didn’t know what happened to me. I never saw a girl as beautiful and gorgeous as her. When I saw her sitting in the back i cedcied to sit bestie, where you want to sit” Nikki asked me “im sitting here” I pointed beside her then Nikki started begging stupid and asked her to move from here but I didn’t let her because I wanted to sit beside her. Then I started making conversation with her and asked her to join me to come to cafeteria.

After 2 minutes arguing that I will walk and that he will give me a ride , I agreed to just give me a ride. I know it's wrong I don’t know him but I don’t want to let him down.

I gave him my address he drove and the car was silent then I decided to break the silence  by asking him what he did. “I am an artist” I have no idea why I was shocked “wow thats” I didn’t know what to say “cool?”  he laughed.

When he parked in front of the house I thanked him and got out. “I'll see you tomorrow. I gave him a smile and nod.

It's been a month since I started college. The day routine became the same school then I went to the cafeteria with Nialle. Nikki would say words to me but Nialle would always shut her up and she would give him a look. 

Nialle gave me rides about fourth or fifth times.

When I was working at chinese restaurant I heard someone voice the same as Nialle when I turned it was him it was really him it was Nialle and the group of his friends and of course the stupud mouth Nikki. 

“Did I really really see the Nialle  eyes sparked when he saw me or was I going crazy. 

“Alla  hi” I waved my hand at them “hi guys” I said they all smiled they were happy of course except Nikki.

“Look who it is” said Nikki “yes it me Nikki I said as a joke but I looked serious Nialle was and the group started laughing. And she scoffed and sat on the table.

I have no idea what happened but did Nialle really kiss me check. Yes he did I said to myself. “Didn't know you work here” Nialle said “yeah I do” I said to him.

They ordered food and Nialle asked me when I will finish work “in 5 minutes I answered him. Nialle came close to me. I could feel his mint breath on my face, then he came close to my ear “when you finish to sit with us sit with me I missed you ” then he sat down. I stood there shocked at what just happened. I asked myself if the group were smiling because they can see the redness and heat on my face. And I did as he said when I finished work  he saved me a seat beside him “you're hungry?”

Nialle asked me “no I ate about 20 minutes ago thanks”  I said we started chatting with the group and they were eating and chatting for 30 minutes. “There is actually something I wanted to say” Nialle said to me I froze in my spot “can you go on a date with me?” he said and I almost fell from my seat because how dizzy i became what did he just say the group started oing “I umm I-I don’t know” I said shocked “I really like you and I would like to get you better” he said “he likes me OMG that's possible. I like him too but I don’t want the group to know that I want to go with him 

“you don’t have to answer me now think about it” he said when they were back at chatting I leaned into his ears and said “I would love to go out with you” then he turned and faced me that I almost thought that he was going to kiss me “really” I nodded with smile the group were looking at us and I became more red of shyness I guess they knew what I said because Nikki got her bag and went of the restaurant angry “what's with her?” I asked him “just ignore her. She has had a crush on me since last year and she got angry because I liked you and I asked you on a date. 

The word like makes my heart skip a beat. I can feel the heat on my face. 

“I will pick you up at 4PM” he said and I nod

4PM 

When I opened the door I saw him leaning on his car “hi” I said with a shy smile on my face “hi” he came close to me and kissed my check again. He went to the passenger seat and opened the door for me “thank you.”

First thing we did was he took me to wonderland. We played every ride I had fun. The time was 6PM. Then he asked me where I would like to go and I asked if we could go watch a movie and he said yes. He chose scary movie and that was the worst decision ever I didn’t watch anything because how scary the movie was I Would peak my eyes ever second then hid behind Niall's big muscular shoulder then he would look and me and laugh “i'm sorry I should have chose something cartoon” he said to with while laughing and gave him light hit on his shoulder. “My place” he said and I nodded “let's watch something else this time you chose” he said and laughed “okay” when we got to his house I  was shocked how big his house was. We sat on the couch and I decided to watch The notebook. 

Nialle was sitting beside me when the movie finished. I raised my head to look at him and didn't realize that he was on my shoulder when I looked at him with tears in my eyes because the movie had a sad ending. I was lost in his eyes and he leaned in and kissed my lips “I love you” he said my eyes widened “what?” I said ` I love you since the first day I saw you and that gave me a smile on my face “I love you too” he looked shocked.

“Really?” he said “yes” then he leaned in and kissed me again. Without thinking I was lost in his hands and made my night the best night.

It's been weeks since everything happened between me and Nialle.

When I saw his friends I asked them if they have seen him and said the word that I wish I never asked. “Yes it's his engagement today” I felt the room was spinning.

“What” I said with shockness and my eyes started watering witty tears.

“He left you this,'' Sam said to one of his friends and pulled out a letter. Then they left and I stood there crying to myself. I ran to my room while Emma was in the room with she knew everything that happened when I read the letter. I wish I never met him.

Alla I'm sorry I didn’t know that this day would come. I wished it was you. There is a picture of you that I drew. It's for you and there's another one of us. I'm sorry I didn't have a choice, I have to marry her. Our patents did arrange marriage for us. Today is my engagement

 Forget me like I will forget about you. I am sorry but I Don't want to see you again. 

Goodbye

Nialle

“I hate you,” I said to myself. “I will always hate you”. Since that day Alla never went out with anyone and she decided to focus on her study.

Now

2020 

“Well” Emma said, making me focus on them “what are you doing here?'' he asked Emma “we came here because Alla wanted a break, what about you?” she said I came with my wife and daughter. “What” I said to myself “his daughter ofcourse it's been 4 years, of course he had a daughter.” I returned my focus to them pitching myself so I won't cry in front of them. “Her they are” when I looked past his shoulder “it’s her it’s really her” I said to myself It’s Nikki he said he didn't like her now she's married to her and has a daughter from her. “Hi” she said with  evil smile on her face “Hi Emma” my sister said  “hi” I said I low voice after they finished talking Nikki said  “well we should have dinner together and they agreed there was no way I would eat wit them like I love them “i'm sorry I can’t I have to leave” I said to them then I started walking as fast as I can when my tears filled my eyes. Why did he not admit that he knows me not only that Nikki Nikki is his wife.

 I kept running to where my feet would take my and I ended up at the beach and it was coming dark. I sat on the beach while crying “I forgot about you I won't let the past ruin my life again” I said to myself. Emma kept calling but I didn;t answer so she sent me a message saying she will be going to dinner with them. I never knew that my life would be filled with blackness. When my tears had dried I started walking on the water and made the cold water hit my feet. I came here to rest not to make my past come back again. I stayed at the beach for a long time. He has a life now. I know I Wont be able to forget him but now I don't think about him. I took the picture of us that he drew and ripped it apart and threw it in the water and it disappeared.

 I really did love him. He was my first lover and he will be my last lover.

The End

August 26, 2020 12:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.