0 comments

Romance

    It was so terribly cold. Snow was falling, and it was almost dark,

I continue on my way to her, running my finger along frozen gates and walking where once grass grew.

   Memories of the lifetimes we had together come flooding back to me like a flower blooming in the sun's rays. Now, these memories are as cold as a blanket of snow, yet they still carry the warmth of the love we once shared.

    The beauty of her smile is like a rainbow, lost in the distant mirage. I looked for something pure and virtuous in its beauty, but it was nowhere to be found. Where once it stood, it has now been lost as I journey along my difficult path.

  The ways to say "I love you" are now melting away, for they have been shouted so loud that even the heavens could hear them. Yet, despite all of this, we still didn't understand the magnitude of our love, an agonizing pain is left in my stomach and heart where our love once lived. I may take my last breath ,as I cannot bear the pain any longer. 

the cold of the night was would creep in with a prowl, I could feel it in my bones, the chill that seemed to crawl up my spine. As the light of the day faded, I was left standing in the darkness..

  The darkness held so much, and I felt like I could almost touch it. I felt like I could understand the secrets that the night held, the secrets that had been hidden away for so long. I could feel the answers, the answers that I had been looking for. The darkness had become my friend, and I was no longer afraid of the cold.

On a cerulean afternoon, we found ourselves seated amidst a collection of rocks, surrounded by the gentle flow of water. The spring, which had once been in full bloom, was now a distant memory, a place where my feet had once frolicked and twirled with abandon.

I wonder how time eludes us, hours slipping away like my bittersweet tears. Where is my love? I feel my knees heavily fall upon the ground, aching with longing and despair. How can I find the one I seek when time is so fleeting?

 Now here with my flowing regret, I never held her, nor brushed her hand against mine.

Sometimes I wonder did I ever hold her, or was it dreams, that are now my night mare, as I tread along the frost.

As I walk forward, the light keep is nowhere to be seen, the dark expanse of night enveloping me. I feel as if I am fading away, my presence insignificant in the vastness of the night. The only sound I can hear my heart skipping a beat, for i see my breath like a long lost reminder I didnt forget, for

 Her breath was like a thousand roses, and it felt hot upon my skin like fire. Touching her was like touching silk, and her hair was like sunshine. I was filled with warmth and joy just being near her.

I carry with me a token of our love—a lock of hair and a kiss on my lips, so heavy, so adorn

Her words are gone forever, lost in the wind that carries me back to an infinite sadness. I can feel the sorrow of the wind as it passes through me, taking with it the last remnants of her voice. I can remember the sound of her laughter and the warmth of her embrace, but now all that is left is the emptiness of her absence. I can only hope that her words will one day be found, so that I can hear them again and feel the comfort they once brought.

We were both engulfed by the sea of love, feeling so deeply connected that we were drowning in it. Now, however, we can't breathe, our lungs unable to cry out for help. Despite this, we don't want to be saved, unable to escape the depths of our love.

As I kneel down and press my lips to the ground where her body lies, I can feel the sorrow of our lost love. I kiss the ground that holds her, knowing that our love will never be the same. Tears stream down my face as I remember the moments we shared and the love that we had. I can feel the pain of our separation, and the emptiness of her absence. Even though our love is gone, I will never forget the memories we shared.

I ask, I call out, I cry, I shout - but where is thee? No where I am heard, as my melody is a sad tune.

We shared a heartfelt gratitude between us, and only the trees were witness to the moment. We spoke of winter times with a light keep on our shoulders to see us through. It was a moment of understanding and appreciation that could not be expressed in words.

Her love warms my heart like an embrace, and I happily give in to its transformative power. But it was a love of yesterday, and tomorrow was too far away. Books have only been written in envy of what we shared. Our time together was like a short summer evening, gone far too fast. Now she's gone forever. As I am about to retire, I feel happy in my spirit. I was able to touch an angel of beauty in the air.

I can only hope that every love could be as strong as ours once was. It cannot have been in vain, for it was a love that sang such beautiful words, and you danced to them in the moonlight.

At last, I'm here. I lay my head down on the plush pillow of snow, feeling the coldness against my skin. It had been so terribly cold, but the snow had stopped falling and the sun had finally come out. I was relieved to be in the warmth of its light.

I'm with my love at last! I can't wait to feel her love.

.

March 16, 2023 08:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.