Self-determination. Self-devotion. Self-evident.

Written in response to: Start your story with a student discovering a hidden room in a university library.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Friendship Mystery

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

William Shakespeare

Love all.

Trust a few.

Do wrong to none.


Do. Wrong. To. None.

Holiness.

It is a Journey.

Bonafide holiness.

It is a Journey.


We really all are gifts to one another.(pf)

Can be. If we search our hearts. Then re-establish our souls.

Our reasons for being.

Our reasons for living.

How we take care of these gifts says everything about,

Who we are.

Who we follow.

Who we trust to follow.


Self Determination:

There is a legitimate assessment of what constitutes this. On the soil of where our feet walk. There holds a legal criteria for determining which “groups” may legitimately claim the right to self-determination.(wk)


Revolutions have depended on the forming of this principle. Take, for example, The American Revolution. In the 1770’s, the first assertion of the right of national and democratic self-determination, because of the explicit invocation of natural law, the natural rights of man, as well as the consent of, and sovereignty, by the people governed.(wk)


(Note:The word reign within the word sovereignty)


Here. In the United States of America. We are a republic. We have two main parties and sometimes a third (Independent), sometimes a fourth (Liberal) and so on.


Thomas Jefferson, a founding father promoted the notion: “The will of the people was supreme.”


This was based upon the biblical principle that the founding fathers drew on and reflected upon the stories in the Bible as supporting evidence. For the creation of a free country. Where the will of the people spoke in support of their country.


Separation of church and state.


On the other side of the argument of American principles was Karl Marx. He supported nationalism believing it to be a “prior condition.”


(Nice. huh. A “condition.”)


Marx believed such nationalism might be a prior condition to social reform and alliances—international alliances.


If only life were so simple.

When winding one’s way around the Majestic Library. The tall and grand building of encyclopedic information. There was an unlocked door.


So. He walked in.

Sat down.

Began to learn.

Things he did not know.

Things he had taken for granted.

Learned.


In reading about American Greatness, he read that Theodore Roosevelt believed that America had reached great stature because it was ruled by white men.


Please. Please. Don’t get the undies in a bungee. This has historical significance. Not because it was racist. Because it was history. May not have been a good history. But it was history. Pride in anything, takes time. Pride in life takes time.


It takes your time.

It takes my time.


And before you race to the next church and “commit.”

Sit down.

And learn the rules to respect the country wherein you have the opportunity to.

Take a seat.

Take a chair.

Sit down.

And commit.


Holiness takes time.

Commitment.

Takes your time.

Takes my time.


Re-adjustment?

Sounds strangely like chiropractic mumbo jumbo, Either you believe in the practice. Or you do not. Believe in the practice. Practice makes perfect. He will know if it involves disingenuousness.


He will.

He is Supreme.

At knowing.

All knowing.

Us.


The One supreme being who “gets it” is God.

The rest of us are amateurs hoping for a seat at the table.

Perhaps.

Because we have not been well versed in the verses.

That get us from Point A to Point B in the best possible, honest path.


Think about it.

Before you hit “send.”


Self devotion:

The act of devoting one’s self; willingness to sacrifice one’s own interests or happiness for the sake of others; self sacrifice.(wk)


Not just to look good.

That one hit hard.

He stood up, walked around this fine room in the library. All alone. And a lightning bolt hit him. What have I done?


A promise is a promise.

A promise can get “messy.”

A solemn promise is a promise that should never look back.

A vow.

Is a vow.

To do better in the long run. The rest of the long haul.

Choices made point forward will say everything, EVERYTHING, about your intentions of the past.


(Hey. I don’t make the rules.)

(I simply try to follow them.)

The rules.

His rules.

Because they do matter.

In the long run.

In the long haul.


This one “ouched” a bit too. He found this lesson stung. When we find that what we were doing may not have been the best doing. And we awake to the fact we were not woken up. It is near to impossible to correct.


Near to impossible.

In Him. All things are possible.

Only if bonafide intentions guide the path.

Bonafide.


Self-evident:


Possibly.

The most important of all.

It relies on the reliance of the gifts of others in our lives.

In knowing.

The theory of knowledge. Epistemology. Self evident is a proposition that is known to be true by understanding its meaning with out proof and/or by ordinary human reason.(wk)


Logically speaking.

It does beg the question. Assume a conclusion. It is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument’s premises assume the truth if the conclusion.(wk)


Begging the question refers to a fault. We all got ‘em. Faults. Begging the question refers to a fault in a dialectical argument in which the speaker assumes some premise that has not been demonstrated to be true.(wk)


Nowadays. With the constant streams of life’s images before our eyes, it does beg a question. The premises assume the conclusion without supporting it.


Whatcha get? Whatcha end up with?

Circular reasoning.

The reason.

The reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with😳.


Same old same old?

Dizzying arrays of it.

Lack of progress.

A whole lotta set backs.

A whole lotta blame.

Destruction.


The next move had better be for the good of the cause you thought you were headed into with aplomb.


Otherwise.

Empty.

Empty glass.

Empty promises.

Empty vows.

Back to square one.

Right where we left off.


Suddenly feeling suffocated.

He left the secret back room of too much truth and not enough consequence.

His truth was now staring him in his face. He could not face what he had done. What had happened.


He needed air.

And.

Guidance.


What was right in front of him. On the table before he left the room to get some air. That he failed to notice.


Was the greatest book of lessons ever written. Lessons of a lifelong learner. Authored, time tested examples by Jesus and his friends.


The Bible.







November 06, 2023 05:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.