0 comments

Fiction Happy Romance

                                       A Road to Clarity

Akshay is sitting in the wedding venue and goes to the time when he didn’t even imagine that one day he would be in this stage. Everyone is happy around him but he is neither happy nor sad. Mili is sitting beside him in bridal attire. She is looking very beautiful in her pink bridal look. Akshay meets Mili quite a few times. It is not that he doesn’t like her rather today he thinks he loves his wife a lot. But still could not forget what happened to him back when he was a child till he grew up. There are still some deep memories that still haunt him but he is hoping that after this wedding everything will be fine with him. Brinda Mathur is expecting and this time she is able to conceive after so many trials. Sudhir was really happy with this news as after so many years of waiting he will become a father. They blessed them with a boy and they named him Akshay.  Akshay as a child was a shy boy. Everyone used to bully him at school but he never heeded it. He was studious at studies so his teachers really loved him. As he grew up he formed a gang and he fell in with a girl named Tina who was senior to him. Tina’s friends used to tease him when they saw him. One day a senior girl calls Akshay and asks him to propose to Tina on the rose day. Soon the rose day comes. That day Akshay has to go to the grocery shop to bring certain things. So before going to school, he rushes to the nearby grocery shop. There was a flower shop opposite the grocery shop so at first Akshay brought roses for Tina and then brought the things his mother instructed. He was very excited that day and rushed to the school. He did the classes and as soon as the tiffin time came he came to Tina got down on his knees and proposed to her. Everyone was watching the scene. But to his surprise, Tina slapped him in front of all the students and went from there without saying anything. Shocked and heartbroken and also embarrassed he quietly comes to his class and vows not to fall in love again. But he forgets everything as soon as he reaches his next class. He made lots of new friends and out of them was her. The wedding was completed and now Akshay and Mili become husband and wife officially. He wonders why he is remembering about her after so many years. Akshay shakes off his head and stands to take blessings from the elder ones he sees a figure standing with a smile that is her. As soon as Akshay passed out his eighth standard he met Priya Abasthi who is a singer but is a bubbly girl and was not interested in studies much. Unlike Akshay, she used to get scolded by the teachers. She was also a talkative girl who started to chatter as soon as she entered the class. After a few days, Akshay and Priya become teammates for a project and that was the beginning of their journey from friendship to love. But everything changes as soon as they reach class 12. One day it was a rainy night Professor Ahuja who was their chemistry professor called all the members for a project that they had to submit in the final exams. Unfortunately, Akshay couldn’t come that night as he was suffering from a fever. The next day when he reached school he saw Priya in the arms of another boy laughing and cruddling as if he was nothing to her. Akshay was shattered so he left from there without any word with Priya. The next day Akshay left that school and went away to the USA for higher studies and never looked back. And today after so many years he again sees her that too in his wedding he is shocked but at the same time he is blessed that Mili is a good girl and he has full confidence in her. He excuses himself and goes to meet Priya. They shake hands and she congratulates him after some time she also hugs Mili gives them a present and leaves the wedding with a wide smile. It has been a few weeks since Akshay’s marriage now he also has two boys with Mili. One day while sitting on a balcony he heard a doorbell ring Akshay asked Mili to open the door. A postman comes and gives him a letter. It is a letter from Priya. She writes: Sorry, I broke your heart two times. I am ashamed of myself for asking you to give me a second chance in the relationship. Today I understand why you hesitated to marry me last time. I should have admitted my mistake. As in today’s, nobody trusts a person who cheat you once. I am happy to see you with your wife. Best wishes to your ex-best friend Priya. After reading the letter he reveals that Priya was not in love with him at all. She is indeed a selfish girl who just wants attention from him. As soon as he moves on in his life she wants him back again in life. He remembers the last encounter of Priya and his. After Akshay returns from the USA one day he sees that Priya wants to be his friend again and out of humbleness he accepts her request and one day she confesses to him that he wants to marry him. Excited about the news he thought Priya was a change girl now along with his parents reached Priya’s home but to his surprise, Priya slapped him and insulted him and his family in front of her family. She also states him as her slave. This humiliation shatters Akshay again and he vows to never ever think of marrying her even in his dream. After looking for several relationships today finally he gets a wife like Mili who is a very kind-hearted and humble person who takes care of him as well as his family. After a few minutes, arms wrapped around his waist and he knew that it was Mili’s. He feels blessed to have her as a wife in his life. And today he is clear about who is the correct girl for him.

December 29, 2023 16:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.