0 comments

Christmas Drama Romance

Shilpa Chauhan who has just pursued her degree in MBBS joint Stephen Hospital one year ago. Shilpa is an orphan her parents died when she was just 2 years after which she lived in a foster home with a foreign family. After completing her 12th she moves out and stays alone. Becoming a doctor has been her dream since childhood and also she is very studious in her studies. Today as she is coming from her duty she feels anxiety not able to reach the point where she can become the best doctor of the week. The award is taken by one of her contemporaries. She is about to go home after an exhausting day and also the worst day when she sees a figure is about to suicide. She rushes to it and sees it is a man who is about to die she stops him from making such a big decision. He shouts at her after she saves him but Shilpa just goes from there silently. One day, a big accident happens in the hospital and the hospital gets destroyed. Shilpa’s career to become a doctor shatters in minute. The head doctor dies in this accident. The hospital also gets closed. 5 years pass when one day Shilpa discovers that Stephen Hospital has reopened and all the interns are requested to resue their work and also to the seniors. Many new junior and senior doctors also join the hospital along with the old. But as soon as Shilpa steps inside she is shocked to discover the guy she has saved five years back in the hospital. His name is Dr Abhay Singh Bhatia. He introduces himself as an orphan and a poor guy who is dependent on the head doctor who died 5 years ago in an accident. Shilpa feels sorry for Abhay but he always misbehaves with her. This way 6 years passed one day Shilpa was in the OT when suddenly the light went off and Abhay came from nowhere and helped her perform the surgery. From that day Abhay and Shilpa become friends. He starts behaving very sweetly to Shilpa and also thanks her for saving his life that day. Soon their friendship turns to love especially for Shilpa. But Abhay considers her just a good friend. Shilpa is quite upset with this fact but she remains silent as she doesn’t want to lose Abhay’s friendship with her. Several years passed and one day Shilpa’s foster parents called her home during the Christmas holiday. She agrees unaware of the surprise waiting for her. Shilpa goes to her home back in India. As soon as she arrived at first her parents let her freshen up and call it a night. She goes to her room and sees that everything is kept in the place she left neat and clean. She sleeps that night peacefully after Abhay called her once.  The next day she wakes up but surprised to see the decoration going on in the house. She tried to ask her parents but they didn’t say anything to her. She has her breakfast after which her mother comes to her room and asks her to get ready as a guy is common to see her. Shilpa is beyond shocks but has no option but to reject her parents. When the guy comes to see her with his parents Shilpa is beyond shocks and horrified as her parents introduce him as Saurav Oberoi. And is about to faint when he responds to them with a smile. Shipa just uttered one word seeing him lie and he smirk at her. Saurav Oberoi is the one and only son of President Girish Oberoi who is the president of Ohaio but stays in India as he is the first Indian who has become president of Ohaio. Soon the engagement day comes and all the preparation began. Shilpa didn’t pick up Saurav’s call as he lied about everything. The engagement day came and the rings were exchanged. Still, Shilpa didn’t talk to Saurav even on the day of the engagement. It's time for both Saurav and Shilpa to head back to their duties back in Stephen Hospital. At the hospital also for several days, she ignores him. Saurav becomes desperate to talk to Shilpa seeing her ignorance towards him since she discovers his true identity. One day Saurav grabs Shilpa’s wrist and drags her with him to the lawn. She gets angry and slaps him after he releases her hand. He sits quietly for a few moments then starts to reveal why he hides his truth from her. Mr Oberoi wants his son also become president of Ohaio after he retires from that position. But Saurav refuses and declares that he will become a surgeon. One day having no option he runs away from home and comes to Stephen Hospital. He starts his career as a surgeon and soon becomes friends with everyone. Specially Stephini Maxwell.  After being good friends for several years they create a soft corner for each other. It was one of the Christmas holidays when Saurav confessed his love for Stephini and they started dating secretly. Soon the chief discovers it and gets really angry with it. But after few days all the friends along with the head who died 5 years ago fix Saurav and Stepheni’s marriage. All are happy when suddenly Saurav meets with an accident and loses his memory and when his memories return he finds out that Stepheni is cheating on him and plans to marry him for his money. As soon as she finds out that Saurav lost his memory she marries her boyfriend and runs away far where nobody can find them. Heartbroken Saurav vows to not love any female again. But everything changes when Shilpa enters his life. But due to his trauma, he refuses to accept his love for her and hides his real feelings from her and today he accepts his defeat.  After listening to his story Shilpa remained silent for a few moments. Then she slowly turns to him and hugs him apologising for her rude behavior towards him beforehand. After a few years of working and dating finally their wedding day arrives. Shilpa is very happy today that at least Saurav is honest towards her. Soon the rituals begin and after 4 days they become officially husband and wife. As Shilpa turns away pages and closes the dairy suddenly she hears the doorbell rings she comes away from her dreamland of marrying Saurav her imaginary husband and comes to reality again as she opens the door Abhay enters and they again argue as usual. She lost her friend after she got married to him that to forcefully by her foster parents. Actually, Shilpa imagined her father, Saurav Oberoi as her husband. She doesn’t like Abhay at all but today she realises everything and finally accepts her reality. Slowly, she starts to love Abhay and soon their fights stop and they become friends again. After a few years Shilpa finally falls in love with Abhay who is her real prince charming.

December 22, 2023 15:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.