0 comments

General

Part 1

Whoosh! An airplane landed swiftly down onto the dusty ground. There was a man in a torn, old looking suit, but who? The World War 2 had just finished after a long time of tragic ,and recently a lot of extraordinary things are just suddenly happening. The man was looking tired and with agony yet with a smile. That's when I realised that he was my best friends brother who fought in the World War 2. Although I didn't want to ruin such a heroic day for him but I just had to spread some tragic news. Before I told him about it, I of course congratulated him ,however I told him that his little sister,Amelia had been perish for she had been seen last in her garden but then was probably murdered and her life was gone. Everyone had an anger expression on their face when I told him. People stormed up to me for ruining such a wondrous day for Mr Conor, my friends brother. I did not know what to do, I just wish those voices could just stop entering my ears! Thank goodness Conor tugged me away from the vexed crowds and told me to resume the death of his sister again. I showed him where his sister was, when she got murdered, but who murdered her? Although I feel sympathy for Mr Conor, but I was not a girl why cry all day for nothing. I was the girl for does something to the problem, and so the solution is to find the person who murdered Amelia life.We then went to Amelia who was on the garden bench still to find any clues.While trying to investigate, I went to her pocket and surprisedly found a note. With excitement, I scampered to Mr Conor to translate the words as they were in a foreign language. Mr Conor didn't know so immediately he went to the nearest detective and showed the detective to translate it rapidly. The detective fortunately able to translate it and it said "Murderer is Arabella Cal". Shivering with terror, I repeated her name with a shocked tone. Arabella Cal was a girl who is 17 years old, the same age as Amelia. She lived near my house. Without wasting another second, I clutched Mr Conor hand and scampered out the door to Arabella house while dialling the police number. There was already numerous police car around her house when we got there. From the distance, I saw Arabella Cal guilty and got in the police car, captured at last. A crowd raced to us to ask what was going on when all the police car went away. I smiled and explained everything slowly. After everybody knew the truth, all the town people congratulated Mr Conor and I.


Part 2 - 18 years later

Everyday was merry days for my friend Conor and I as every year we have nothing to worry about nor stress about. Although that didn't last long. My family informed me that we are going to Mars! My reaction was shock ,and anger flew into me. "Why are we going to space when we have already such a peaceful life in Earth?" I didn't dare to ask. The thought kept on going into me even when we were packing our personal things. I just didn't understand ,why?

The next morning I woke up really early as today is really my last time in earth and with Conor and my other friends. I cried, I cried all morning nonstop, I couldn't even express my feeling to my parents. When we drove to the spaceship launching place my mind suddenly flipped, it was almost time we are almost going into the spaceship. Wind battered against my cheeks and I flinched uncomfortably. This was my last moment in earth until my family and I will live in Mars. The last time I shall see my friend Conor, birds, flowers, trees, light and gravity. It made me shiver with terror thinking everything would be different. It would be a whole life experiment. Stepping forward one step and an another, I was in the spaceship.

"3, 2, 1, Blast Off"

I frozen, my heart stopped a beat, I was really now up in the sky leaving Earth forever, and leaving my dear friends. That feeling was unexplainable. After days and days, I left earth and now in space. When we finally reached to Mars, my reaction was a half smile and a frown. The first step to Mars was the beginning of my life adventure. As I had expected, it was dark, as dark as a person in a cave. I pounced everywhere. Dust was hovering around me, and all over Mars. "Why was I feeling misery when I just went to a new planet and in a new adventure?" I just had to ask myself. Most times I just stayed in my family and I spaceship, I felt like I was getting really dejected, I really wish I could see Conor or any of my friends. I just had to lock myself, alone in my room. Days already gone pass and I hardly ate anything nor really did anything much. "What's happening to me?" I was normally all excited for all adventure ,dangerous or safe.

One particular night I felt so selfish to myself and felted like I betrayed myself for no reason ,however one morning I felted so happy and jubilant like a girl on the top of the ferris wheel. Days and night I had a different thought and feeling. I felt like I had learnt more about myself somehow. One month had gone pass and I only went out into Mars, once. My family seems much more closer to me and I felt like I know them more now then when we were in Earth. I really now don't care if I'm in Earth or not, I didn't regretted anything though I can't change much thing. There are really no point of complaining ,which was exactly what I always did when something don't go my way, but that's just the past. Therefore I shall just move on, I can't go back to the past anyways. I found my inner self, finally.


June 05, 2020 10:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.