47 comments

High School Romance Teens & Young Adult

By the time I stepped outside, the leaves were on fire. On fire due to an unstoppable pain in the heart. I felt it, the pain that autumnal leaves had. Then I started walking there.Leaves of those oak trees were in a mournful mood as me. The moment was sad but the whole environment had a beautiful and eye catching scenery which suits the mourn. The total environment had only few specific colours. Mostly at that time period the lady milieu seemed to be wearing an orange mixed brown dress. The ground below to those oak trees was exactly a beautiful craft because of those scattered oak leaves. My sad feelings stopped for few seconds because my mind was attracted by that beautiful scenery. So my tears disappeared and then at that moment a soft cool and a hopeful breeze touched me. It was quite different and I felt that the breeze is going to say me something. As I turned to the side which breeze carried me, I saw him. In that moment, his eyes were in contact with my eyes. Then my heart started to beat loudly. He smiled to me and me too smiled.

Suddenly I woke up. Looked around and had a deep breath but my mind was like a forge. Full of uncountable questions. "Why I was in sad? And who is he? Was that a real or just a dream?" I asked myself. Then I felt it's good to draw him before I forgot. Then I walked to my study table and the time was 1.30 am. Then I started drawing that boy. It was a surprise that I remembered each and every thing of that dream because it never happened before. When I finished drawing I put it in to my school bag. Then went to bed again. No sleep and no calm in my mind . Thoughts were floating throughout my mind. Again and again my mind questioned me. Time floated with those questions. Time was 6.00 am. Then I quickly got ready and my mom dropped me to school.

In the school also I wasn't in the live living world as my mind was crosscutting between the dream and the live world. I felt it's good to tell this dream to my best friend. "Seriously,so what you going to do now" replied Julie after I told her the story. "I think I should have to find him and find that place because,I felt it's real,In fact it may not only a dream and Julie I need your help to find him and that place." I said. Then Julie gave me a good idea that she had a friend who can help in order to find that boy I saw. And that idea brought me a new hope.

"Oh I remembered that place I saw and it is near that white apartment. Oh, I should go there" I shouted and Julie calmed me and said " Okay Jean,calm down. let's go there after school" then I realized that I was in school and said "sorry" to Julie. Then I looked outside through the window next to me. It was an eye catching scenery. Our school was situated in the countryside so,the environment was beautiful enough to attract anyone. School botanical garden was that attractive place. I loved that beauty, the environment had. Autumn was the most beautiful season. Wild swans cooled during Autumn and the floor of the botanical garden in school is like a giant mural.

"Come on Ju, come on, I need to go quickly" I shouted as I was impatient at that moment and then Julie said with patience "Jean, I think we should meet my friend first. His workplace is situated near that apartment." "Okay then." Let's go there first" said me. Then we started walking to his workplace. The environment was too beautiful and I felt that. " I'll meet him today "so, my mind was full of happy. Passing those giant buildings we walked and walked but me like an impatient puppy who's going to meet his master after a long time stepped hurry and quickly than Ju. There was nothing in the city to feel or appreciate like countryside.

At last we arrived there. "Hey Jacob, this is my friend, Jean "said Julie. Then I said " Hi Jacob I need your help to get information about someone and I have a picture of that person so all you need to do is find information about him" said me as I was impatient at that time. "Ok ok I can help you, actually I have done lots of such things and Julie, don't you told about me to your beautiful friend." Said Jacob with an interest on me. Jacob also in our age but he's quite talkative. After he understood that I was impatient so he quickly entered the portrait to his computer. After some time he showed me a real photograph of that boy.I surprised and my heart again went to a unstoppable loud beat, my eyes enlarged and I shouted "yes,he is,exactly he is the one". Then he showed me a newspaper article and quickly printed it and gave me. I had no calm. I read that old newspaper article.

"TRUE LOVE,WENT TOGETHER AND WILL MEET TOGETHER" the headline said. Then there was a photograph of a couple died due to a terrorist attack. The girl's face was burned and not able to identify and the boy was the one I saw in the dream. They were holding their hands in a way that no one can seperate them, at least death." There was no need to read the article only by looking at that photo anyone can understand what happened". I thought. That couple was murdered but those terrorists only wanted girl to be murdered but as a true lover the boy who was also an insurgent in the same terrorist group sacrificed his life to save girl. The world was so cruel both the girl and the boy murdered. Next thing I saw made me amazed and my body started to shiver and started to breath speedily and loudly. The birth mark in the girl's hand helped her parents to identify the dead body and that birth mark was exactly equal to the birth mark in my hand. It was like a dream I understood everything. Tears started to fall from my eyes like a rain.

I got up from the chair like a thunderbolt and ran fast. I ran to that place I saw and also it was the place that the murder happened. My eyes were totally wet due to tears and it obstructed me as I wasn't able to see the way clearly but I ran and ran until I met that place. I felt to shout loudly and asked about him from everyone but I kept running. Then again my mind was full of thoughts." Is that exactly my past life?" My mind questioned me. Now my eyes were painful. Then I stopped. Here indeed at last that place. I stepped there and the environment I had seen was exactly this. "Autumn you are so beautiful but why it brings me melancholy". I asked. But my tears disappeared and sadness paused for a while as,now the beautiful well known scenery attracted me. Then that soft cool and hopeful breeze came and touched my heart and my soul. Then my heart beated loudly and as I turned he was there,exactly it was he. His eyes were in contact with my eyes and he smiled to me and said " Hi" to me like a well known person and then me too replied him with a smile as "Hi".


October 16, 2020 14:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

47 comments

04:58 Oct 18, 2020

😊😊😊😊😊😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
04:58 Oct 18, 2020

All the best dear

Reply

00:26 Oct 19, 2020

Thank u so much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
04:58 Oct 18, 2020

Nice story ❤❤❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
04:58 Oct 18, 2020

👍👍👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mp Da
13:14 Oct 17, 2020

Really a nice story.

Reply

00:36 Oct 18, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mp Da
13:13 Oct 17, 2020

Beautiful and a heart touching story.wish u all the best

Reply

00:36 Oct 18, 2020

Thank u so much for the comment

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:36 Oct 18, 2020

Thank u so much for the comment

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Dananjaya Pathum
05:20 Oct 17, 2020

😁 HI

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dananjaya Pathum
04:59 Oct 17, 2020

Nice story

Reply

05:11 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks again for the comment

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Dananjaya Pathum
04:58 Oct 17, 2020

Wish you all the best

Reply

Show 0 replies
02:33 Oct 17, 2020

best of luck

Reply

03:10 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nim Ranasingha
17:26 Oct 16, 2020

Beautiful...

Reply

01:23 Oct 17, 2020

Thank u so much dr

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nim Ranasingha
17:23 Oct 16, 2020

Nice story..

Reply

01:24 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nim Ranasingha
17:22 Oct 16, 2020

Nice story... Best of luck..

Reply

01:25 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks for reading the story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nim Ranasingha
17:22 Oct 16, 2020

Nice story... Best of luck..

Reply

01:45 Oct 17, 2020

Thank u again and again

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:45 Oct 17, 2020

Thank u again and again

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Dananjaya Pathum
15:39 Oct 16, 2020

Very nice

Reply

15:51 Oct 16, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Dananjaya Pathum
15:39 Oct 16, 2020

Wow

Reply

01:45 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks for the comment

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Govinda Herath
14:53 Oct 16, 2020

Beautiful 🧡

Reply

16:12 Oct 16, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lakshani Sahan
15:17 Apr 07, 2021

My bestie, I'm very proud of you. This is too nice & don't give up this. Good job & I wish you all the best. Sorry for the late

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sugath Chandana
07:53 Dec 04, 2020

👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sugath Chandana
07:53 Dec 04, 2020

I like the topic

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.