0 comments

Drama

I was on my way to my favourite coffee shop. I was on the sidewalk I about to approach the sleeping homeless man,When I was about to pass homeless man shouted at me good morning father meaning " the most high priest" i respond to him back, I told him I was late for my coffee does he need it also he said I don't have to ask him I should just bring anything I have he will appreciate. So I continued visiting to my favourite coffee shop and pass greetings as usual and picked a table same corner, I was looking outside to the homeless man direction but my thought told me to use eyes from back of my head (mirror) that was when I saw that the was a new employee beautiful girl, sexy, long hair that reach even her behind mountains (bums). The smile was so classic with maroon lipstick on, I saw that smile can make man spend dollars and tips unnecessarily just to impress. I was hooked by her brown eyes like sparrow eyes (bird) and beautiful sized nose, with no jewellery on it gave me a spark.

She came over to my table and greeted me the tone got me overwhelming and I turned over gazed at her like I just saw a ghost, politely in my respond I ordered 2 coffees. The manager as she knows me she was already done preparing it waiting for me to order or either she wanted the new member to approach me so I can notice next minute I saw a beautiful girl delivering my cup coffees she was so gentle with the delivery and dropped on my table. I stand up and picked up one cup deliver it to homeless man when I got there he appreciated he also asked me if I met the new girl I asked him asked why and he said he heard lots of man who saw her complement her beauty. I laughed at him and said indeed she is the sunshine he said definitely as I walk back to my table at coffee shop I spotted them ladies looking at me but I looked down not to show I seen what I saw, I sat down enjoyed my coffee.After have done what I was doing I settled the bill with money coins as I left they saw me passing the kitchen window.

They send new girl to come confirm if I settled my bill, she never bother checking the table instead she came after me. I was listening to music when song end plays lower tempo she yelled one more time that was when I realised someone was calling me so I looked back and saw her I waited so she came straight to me runout of breathing to ask me if I settled the bill. I said yes she should check the table, She returned back as she continued I continued with my journey too, but in my thoughts was dammit I should have went back with her for recheck as I went to work.

It was good to feel alive again to smile all day till I went to lunch all that was on my mind was her beautiful facial expressions. It came time I knocked off I did travel home alone different direction when I reach bus stop I saw the girl standing with this other guy they were arguing I passed by I didn't greet aswell cause I didn't wanna interrupt so I went home I opened door and I locked 🔒 myself in once I saw the couch and I felt like heaven on earth as I rest. When I wake up went straight to bed I woke up early next morning I took bath, take out formal clothes favourite suite plus extra winter jacket and dress up for the meeting of the day it was supposed to start 7:30am so i didn't prepare anything to eat for breakfast on my way to work I was a bit distance I got an SMS my boss asked me I should go to the coffee shop around arrange quick services setup so I replied ok thank got it.

I saw them opening up the Coffee shop I passed the homeless man today no greetings either I felt bad about it thou but hey he would understand if I can explain why I forgot to greet him I got there, greeted them and I summoned shop manager aside to discuss the matter to her and she agreed to serve us they went in to prepare for the road I told her they will come at my company before meeting start. We exchanged business cards too so we get in touch for incase any occurs I arrived at the boardroom time was still on my side I made layout table setup, switch on dim lights on mode make sure it was clean and everything looked perfect my boss arrive 2minutes before other parties arrives he explained that tea lady called in sick during last minute, after 2-3minutes others arrives catering services team and people for the meeting.

Without a waste of time we went straight to the table to take seats we apologize for any inconvenience explained the matter to them for catering services will serve the day, they understood and praise us for the effort was worth. As we were still in the middle of discussion tea ladies walked in silent no interruption they were all looking stunning but as for the apple of my eye (crush girl) was beyond beautiful everyone man was gazed at her I was speaking some they didn't hear a thing. One of the gentleman perhaps didn't hear me quiet well pardon me to repeat the statement, as I was done explain before they respond those they ordered drinks according to preferance I was the only one who didn't order anything yet but still the apple of my eyes chose water for me shown appreciation.

I knocked off early even today to go pass by the coffee shop, I found the girl getting ready to knock off too so I went over greet her like (hey girl it's me once again) she sighs and respond I asked if she find the money from yesterday bill she said yes thank you. I saw she was busy taking aprons off so i asked her if I could talk to her outside she is like ok.

She said something like I hope she won't beat me seeing me with you smiling. I laughed and saying oh no who said is a she what if is a he she like oh okay them safe then. I responded saying yes definitely I will do protect you thou I was the one who asked you this way so we arrived to the homeless man while he was busy singing his favourite song Every little thing is gonna be alright ( Bob Marley RIP) I joined his tune too sing along then he noticed it was me by my voice he said of Father (The most high Priest) you came back, the minute he saw whom I was with he shed a tear told her she was beautiful, praising her with names, he said to me father she can suit you well and take care of her please you don't waste time I responded of course she is my He said Sunshine. We laughed out about it and she smiled to see how funny we could be around each other as I have him the cakes, he asked to kiss her hand and she reached over he kissed her with those dry lips 👄 she reached in her purse I gave him lip gloss and he appreciated and used it straight away asked her how it looks now she said awesome. Homeless man said to her please take care of each other you're all good together as we leave he started to eat.

It was bit wind as much she didn't wear anything warm on top I saw her skin change I gave her my jacket she didn't want though but I said you promised that man you gonna take care of me and I will take care of you that's what I am dng now I can see your skin feel cold she said ok thanks to homeless man as she put it on. We walked and busy talking telling her about me as she asked me I crucified myself like they did to Jesus Christ, some explanation where funny thou she could laugh out loud silly way I will end up feeling embarrassed. My boss came out direction he hooted on us I raised hand to salute as we reach bus stop it was her turn to explain herself to me but unfortunately it was late for her to answer my question bus has just arrived and she had to get in the bus she gave me hug, Mmmm the smell from the perfume, scent from her jell hair, the touch of her body oh my gosh I didn't wanna let go even thou I know I had to let her go😔.

She gave me my jacket back saying I will tell you all about me tomorrow as she got in the bus she waved at me and I waved back, bus engine runs ready to go as they hit road I am holding my jacket looking at the bus get swallowed up by the shade of Sunset. I went home plug earphones on play the jam (Bob Marley - Every little thing is gonna be alright) on repeat I arrived home I was so happy to have made a move as much as I didn't get her contact details I felt stupid either way I should have asked for contact so I could check on her if she arrived safe. I undressed and take out the bin first come to wash dishes while I was busy with dishes unknown call came thru I answer there was no one talking the only sound I hear was the song Playing in background Brian Adam - Please forgive me it was my favourite jam back in the day high School my Ex lover calling to remind me, I called out her name she didn't answer I used the name I use to call her with (Pumkin) there she goes laughs, crying 😭 at same time. I ask why crying pumkin she said I miss you so bad today and I asked after so many years why today she responds like I been missing you always every time towards our 1st anniversary date I shed my sympathy with her we spoke and she asked me if I seen anyone lately I said yes but we just met she like I saw you guys happy laughing at street to bus stop .

I said ohk yes that the one she said good luck and take care of her I hope she cares about you too same as you do I appreciated the effort and initiative so she hanged up. Now an busy thinking about both reflecting to old memories but the current situation too power over the old one in the next 20 minutes the call was all gone faded away so I continued rinse my dishes. I can see the sky rich with stars now (becoming night) I switch lights on outside busy enjoying myself and everything I do not knowing what happening on the other side my other half, wife to be, my African goddess was beaten close to death up by the boyfriend who doesn't wanna let go of her. The brutality he did to her was unforgivable, while I busy cook my favourite meal she was been admitted at nearest hospital the doctor came take a look at her booked her up in the ICU. While am feeling like my pots are coming ohk my guts ask me will i see you?

I done cooking and sit on the couch switch on TV while saying the Grace before eating and I ate but didn't enjoy cause she was in my mind wish she was here but not knowing you in the hospital bed fighting for your life.

I done eating so put dishes on the Zink went to plug my phone on the charger went to bed, I try to sleep but I can't I end up taking the novel started reading 1 &2page were done but 3rd page I heard Dreamland calling as I dozed off snoring. I don't remember dream what happened I waken up in the morning I prayed thanking God for his grace to opening my eyes again, prepare water in the bath I am busy whistling gng room by room checking to see if everything is still alright. Water bath was ready and I ran and took bath after I just finish bathing, I dress up in my mind it's that girl(sunshine) I have to pass by the coffee shop to see my sunshine, I went away without waste of time I passed by homeless man and he wanted to know all the details where did I ended up with beautiful girl. I responded laughing out saying I accompany her to catch the bus we didn't say alot and he said that move I made was so barbaric, we laughed out about it like it wasn't serious matter I went away crossed the street to order our morning coffee.

The manager summoned me too Soon as I get inn says woo here is Mr right and please come over and explain where is my employee, as I laughed over going to her I got there and told her whole story she said she was surprised she didn't text her as she usually do communicate. I was so worried about the matter I picked up my order coffees and settle the bill as I left the shop to deliver coffee to the homeless man I got there and as he can see by facial expressions he said take care father (the most high priest) as I turn and walk away from him. I went to work thinking lot of bad things why she hasn't said anything?

I worked and managed to push work load without even going for lunch all I do use the small house (toilet) till the knock off time I packed my stuff and hit the road home, I got home and couch called my name as I lock the security door to go rest on couch. Days and weeks came and gone now still no sign from my sunshine I am tempted to go ask manager when is see no sign of the my Mrs universe it hurt me as the coffee shop manager decided to go through her locker find her dairy written * story of my life* she took the number of the person listed on the book she called and the Aunty picked up the phone and she explained every detail it was hurtful words.

I kept on gng to coffee shop doing same old habit as usual ordering coffee asking for update on manager about my sunshine cause now it feels like sun is sad😭 but results ain't changing either same message councious in bed, all that comes to my mind was I wish I could go and be with her. The manager could see that my smile was gone for period of 2months and I even loss weight, she advice me to stay strong and look after myself she will want me to be strong for her at meantime it was courageous words but it was too much to bare it. I barely know her, she wasn't my girl yet but that spark she gave me 1st day I saw her was amazing. As for the 3rd month arised and days come and go till the last 5days before it end I passed by the coffee shop and I did my order like I always do and asked for update as well she told me my sunshine was going to be diagnosed later that day. I took my order and went to work and it was a relief I had my confidence back, when I work you could see I was war ready to rebuild again.

I was also praying deep down that nothing shouldnt go wrong to my sunshine during diagnose process I knocked off soon as I went to coffee shop I saw by smile from the manager that everything went well with my sunshine and I didn't ask she just gave me a hug hold tight and said God is good, I responded all the time. As we go and seat down to discuss sunshine matters and request was arised she told me that sunshine doesn't have a place to return to she has no place to stay can we organise something for her.

I responded and say if she doesn't mind she can come stay with me till she finally back on her feet to take on the world. So 2days later sunshine was discharged from hospital and we went to hospital and pick her up. She was taken to my house and we had spoken the whole night and conversation was on fire, we laughed and it was an amazing feeling to see her laugh. The next morning I asked to be off duty as for it was Friday we not busy so I can take care of my sunshine, the boss agreed and I went to coffee shop to place my order and this time I placed 3 orders and manager was happy scones were given free of charge.i went over to homeless man he immediately saw the smile on my face and we chat I invited him over for lunch. Thats how I came to stay with my sunshine, my life came to shine brighter than before.

After 90days....

By Shiko Mathabatha

August 05, 2021 13:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.