3 comments

American Teens & Young Adult Drama

By the time I stepped outside, the leaves were on fire. I have been in the house for a month now my mom was sick, she was really unwell. I needed to stay with her almost all the time but now she was getting better, also autumn had arrived which means the red leaves and chilly breeze. While I was watching the streets outside my window I got a phone call from my friends and they asked me about my mom’s health and I told them of the current situation and they were glad to know it and also they tried to convince me to come to the cafe and hang out with them for a little time they said it would be a distraction and I would finally meet them after a long time so I thought that they really had a point I could use some fresh air and also it’s been long since I saw them. So, I went to my mum and told her all about the phone call she said: “yeah, of course, darling it would be great, you have been in the house for a long time go out and have fun.”  I wore my favorite jeans-top and grabbed my headphones, kissed my mom on the cheek, and went outside it was much better than I had imagined, the autumn had really taken over the weather. I put my headphones on the ears and started dancing to the songs on the way to the cafe when I was across the road I saw them and got very excited and started running towards the cafe but suddenly crrrraaaaaassssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got hit by a truck, the driver immediately took me to the hospital it was feeling numb in every part of my body but then it all became even blurred and I closed my eyes…….. My eyes opened in a flash, it was a hospital room I saw my mom laying on the sofa next to my bed. I tried to speak and thankfully she heard me and straightened up immediately there was happiness, relief, and stress in her eyes before I could say anything, she shouted: “hey, sweetie are you alright?? Is it hurting??? Should I call the nurse ?? Nurse Nurse Nurse!!!!!!!!!!” the nurse came running and was also glad to see me awake, she checked me and told my mom that “everything is alright but the doctor will check on her tomorrow morning” she turned to me and said, “it’s midnight right now you can get some rest and we’ll see you in a couple of hours”. After a few hours, the doctor woke me up and asked me how was I feeling, he checked me and then he asked my mom to come to his office to talk about my stay and health. In the meantime, my friends came to see me, they all asked me about my health and if I was feeling okay or not, I responded enthusiastically that I was really good and all set to go home, so all my friends started to pack up my bag when the nurse interrupted and said “what are you doing???”, “packing her bag, of course”, “why?? She is not going home today!!” I was shocked and upset but couldn’t say anything and Emily said “hey! we know you will be out of here soon so we will come to pick you. Okay??”, “ya sure”. They all left I asked the nurse “why do I have to stay and for how long?????”, “probably one month more, you are pretty weak and have got some serious injuries” my mind went blank, I was not able to breathe properly and got all stressed up the nurse tried to calm me down but I was too shocked to listen to her, she rushed out of the room may be to call my mom but then I heard a voice, it was a boy he was fair with blue eyes and dirty blond hair he said: “hey!! Audrey calm down, calm down it’s all gonna be okay” he held my hand and rubbed it to calm me down and suddenly mom arrived she somehow managed to calm me and I was stable. She introduced me to the boy she said: “Audrey! He is Neil, he came to the hospital with his sister 15 days ago, he saw me in the corridor and came to me to give some company. He is a great young man!” I smiled at him and he did at me. After that day he visited me every day, we used to talk for hours and hours about our family and interests, He was 17 years old and his parents were divorced so he lived with his mum and sister (she was younger), she was suffering from some pretty serious kidney disease and also he liked playing tennis and was in the school newspaper. I liked him hanging around, I got a hang of him now, he was like my best friend. Days passed by and Christmas arrived (my favorite holiday) and the hospital threw a little party for every patient and for presents mom gifted me some great novels and Neil bought me a diary saying that he knew that I loved writing and my songs were nice. After like 15-16 days the doctor allowed me to go home and I was very very excited and happy, I packed my bags also my friends were there so double delights. We rushed home and when I got there it stuck my head, I forgot to take Neil’s number!!!! How am I going to contact him???????? I laid on my bed searching for him on the social media but he was not there, I was pretty angry with myself and was very upset. It took months for me to get all fully recovered, I missed him every day but that was of no use. Finally, it was Halloween season and I finally convinced my mom to take me to the mall to buy stuff for Halloween, she agreed and so we went to the nearby mall, as we were standing in the check line I saw someone, someone familiar it was Ms.bowen (Lily and Neil’s mom) I rushed to her and called her a few times on the way to her, she heard me and stopped then turned around and said “hey! Audrey it’s you!!!”, “yes, Ms. Bowen!!! It’s me. How are you??? Also how is lily did she got a kidney supplier and how is Neil, I tried to contact him but couldn’t. Feels so miserable.” there were tears in her eyes, I said: “what happened Ms. Bowen? is everything alright??????”, she said: “oh Audrey !!!!!!! I am so so sad, come sit here I will tell you everything.” I was tensed then she started: “when you got discharged, everything started to go worse lily was not finding a kidney supplier so Neil was going everywhere, every hospital and all he was so tensed and confused all the time, he acted weird sometimes also but everyone’s focus was on lily so no one noticed and after all this hard work and searching we didn’t fond a supplier and we lost lily, it affected Neil the most and he started acting crazy since then and one day he forgot who I was and started acting weird, I took him to the doctor and he said he has the disease called alzheimer’s disease where his brain cells gets damaged and swells up and it was from a long time and it was getting worse and worse we didn’t noticed it earlier so he was at a very crucial position and needed a specialist immediately so we sent him to his father in other country for therapy. His existence and not existence is almost the same.” and she started crying.

THANKYOU

October 16, 2020 22:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

ALINA Manha
23:16 Nov 07, 2020

Oh my God! It was sooooo saaad. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I am literally crying right now. It's heart breaking that Neil has gone crazy. I thought the ending would be good. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 But overall the story is amazing. You have done a great job. Keep writing and have a great day ahead.

Reply

MALIK 1
06:56 Nov 08, 2020

Thank you a lot. I am extremely pleased you liked it.

Reply

ALINA Manha
11:27 Nov 08, 2020

My pleasure! 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.