0 comments

Inspirational Desi Kids

Once upon a time, in a small town in India, there lived a man named Ravi. Ravi was known throughout the town for his kind and generous nature. He was always eager to help his neighbors and would often donate his time and resources to those in need.

One day, while out for a walk, Ravi stumbled upon a wounded tiger lying on the ground. The tiger had been attacked by a group of hunters and was badly injured. Despite the danger, Ravi approached the tiger and tended to its wounds, using his knowledge of herbal medicine to heal the animal.

The tiger was grateful to Ravi and promised to repay his kindness one day. Ravi did not expect anything in return and simply wished for the tiger's speedy recovery.

Months passed, and Ravi continued to go about his daily life, helping those in need whenever he could. One day, however, he fell gravely ill. Despite his efforts to recover, his condition worsened, and he found himself unable to leave his bed.

As word of Ravi's condition spread, his friends and neighbors flocked to his home, offering their assistance and prayers. However, nothing seemed to help, and Ravi's condition continued to deteriorate.

One night, as Ravi lay in bed, he heard a knock at his door. When he opened it, he was surprised to see the tiger standing outside.

"Ravi," the tiger said, "I have come to repay your kindness." I have brought with me a jackal who can cure your illness."

Ravi was taken aback by the tiger's offer, but he was desperate for a cure and decided to trust the animal.

The jackal, who had been brought by the tiger, was a wise and knowledgeable creature. He examined Ravi and determined that his illness was caused by an evil spirit that had taken hold of him.

The jackal instructed Ravi to perform a series of rituals to rid himself of the spirit. Ravi followed the jackal's instructions, and to his amazement, his illness began to fade away.

As he recovered, Ravi couldn't help but feel guilty for accepting help from the tiger. He had always prided himself on his ability to help others and had never imagined that he would one day need help himself.

Determined to repay the tiger's kindness, Ravi asked the jackal to help him find a way to thank the animal.

The jackal thought for a moment and then said, "Ravi, the best way to repay the tiger is to continue to do good deeds for others." By helping those in need, you will honor the tiger's promise and repay his kindness."

Ravi took the jackal's advice to heart and dedicated the rest of his life to helping others. He became known throughout the town for his good deeds, and his generosity inspired others to follow in his footsteps.

As for the tiger and the jackal, they remained good friends with Ravi and continued to watch over him and his family. Together, they proved that even the most unlikely of allies could help each other in times of need, and that good deeds never go unnoticed.

Years passed, and Ravi had become an elderly man. Despite his age, he continued to be an active member of his community and a helping hand to all those who needed him. However, Ravi's health had started to deteriorate again, and he found himself unable to carry out his good deeds as before.

One day, the tiger appeared before Ravi again, and this time he had brought a young cub with him. The tiger introduced the cub to Ravi and said, "This is my son, Raju." I want him to learn the importance of kindness and generosity from you. "Please teach him everything you know."

Ravi was touched by the tiger's request, and he readily agreed to take Raju under his wing. He taught the cub all about kindness, generosity, and compassion, and soon Raju had become a kind-hearted young tiger who cared deeply for the people of the town.

Years went by, and Ravi had grown frail and weak. He knew that his time was running out and that he would soon leave this world. However, he was content, knowing that he had lived a life full of good deeds and kindness.

One day, as Ravi lay on his deathbed, surrounded by his family and friends, Raju appeared before him. The tiger bowed his head and said, "Ravi, you have been like a father to me." I will never forget the lessons you taught me about kindness and compassion. I will pass on your teachings to my own children and grandchildren, and they, in turn, will pass them on to their descendants. "Your legacy will live on forever."

Ravi smiled, knowing that his life's work had not been in vain. He closed his eyes and took his final breath, knowing that he had made a difference in the world.

As the years passed, Raju grew into a wise and respected tiger who was loved by all who knew him. He passed on Ravi's teachings to his own children and grandchildren, and they, in turn, passed them on to their descendants.

And so, the legacy of Ravi lived on, inspiring generations of tigers and humans alike to be kind, generous, and compassionate. The unlikely friendship between Ravi, the tiger, and the jackal had brought about a chain of kindness that had the power to change the world.

In the end, it was Ravi's selfless acts of kindness that brought him help in his time of need. And it was the tiger and the jackal who had shown him that even the most unlikely of allies could come together to make a difference.

The lesson of this story is that our good deeds never go unnoticed, and that kindness and compassion have the power to change the world. We may never know when we might need help from an unlikely source, but if we live our lives with kindness and compassion, we can be assured that help will always be there when we need it the most.

March 14, 2023 06:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.