2 comments

Sad

This story contains sensitive content

2013

"Mom, please don't leave me"

Clara looked into her mothers ocean blue eyes which were shining in the sun. Her mother was the most beautiful person Clara knew. They had the same big, blue eyes and brown, shiny hair, but Clara still thought that her mother were way more beautiful than she was. They had gotten a lot of comments about how similar they looked, but Clara didn't really see it.

"I don't want to start at this new school" Clara said with a voice that sounded both sad and scared at the same time to her mother.

"Clara, please give this new place a chance, I think that this will be a good new start for the both of us." Clara's mother said back to Clara with a bit of hope in her voice.


A year ago Clara's dad had died from cancer. The loss of her dad had been really tough on both Clara and her mom. Her mother decided that it would be a good idea to move to a new town. That meant that Clara had to start at a new school and start all over. Her mom had gotten herself a new job too. Clara didn't like the idea of change. She felt like she had gone through enough change already, but she decided to give this place a chance for her mom's sake.


The bell rang and all of the kids on the schoolyard started walking to the door. The door which Clara feared to open. She stared at the big school for a minute. This was the biggest school she had ever seen. Which was a bit of a relief. If the school was super big there would probably be a lot of students, which meant that she might not be noticed by a lot of people. But it also felt very scary knowing that there was a lot of students inside that school and she did not know anyone of them. She did not have any friends in there who she could talk to and she didn't have anyone to sit with at lunch. Clara turned to face her mom.

"I don't think that I will get any friends here, can we please go home?"

"I'm sure you'll be fine, now have a great day sweetie" her mother said to Clara and gave her a kiss on her forehead, then left the schoolyard.


2016

"Good job Clara, you made the team!"

Clara looked up from her schoolwork.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Clara asked her teacher, she was so focused on her homework that she did not hear what was going on around her.

"You made the cheerleading team!" her teacher said with a a big smile on his face.

"I did?" Clara said surprised, also with a big smile on her face.

She was in shock, she thought she had done so bad on tryouts.

"Yes you did!" Clara's teacher said.

She immediately picked up her phone to call her mom and tell her the great news. Clara called her mom but she didn't answer. She tried again but no answer this time either, which was odd since her mom always answered the phone. She decided to leave her mom a message instead and call her later.

"Clara"

Clara looked up from her phone to see another teacher standing in front of her. From the look on the teachers face, she could tell that he wasn't going to bring her any good news. He looked at Clara with a sad and worried face.

"Your mom has been in a car accident, you need to go to the hospital"


The ten minutes bus ride felt like a twelve hours bus ride. Tears were running down her cheeks and her face got more and more red for every minute that passed. When the bus finally stopped at the hospital Clara ran towards the front door and entered the hospital, which was a really big building.

"My mom has been in a car accident, where is she?" tears ran down her cheeks while she spoke to the receptionist.

"Go to the sixth floor and you will find a doctor who is waiting for you there" the girl in the reception answered.

Clara ran up the stairs without stopping or taking a breath once. As the receptionist said, there was a doctor there who were waiting for Clara.

"Where is my mom, I need to see her"

"I assume that you are Clara, your mom is in the left room down the hall" the doctor said.

Clara started walking but the doctor stopped her.

"Before you go to see her, there is something we need to talk about. Please sit down"

The doctor pointed at two chairs and Clara sat down with the doctor.

"Your mother has some serious inner bleedings and her heart isn't working, I'm afraid she is not going to make it"


Clara froze. She couldn't speak. Her mom was everything she had, ever since her dad died it had just been the two of them. She was not ready to say goodbye to both of her parents, but now she had to.

"Do you want to go and see her?" the doctor said.

Clara couldn't speak, she just stood up and started walking towards the room her mother was in. The doctor opened the door and there she was. Clara had never seen a person look like that in real life. Her mother looked so helpless.

"She is still alive but she doesn't have very long left, as you can see we have some machines in here to help her heart. We are doing everything we can to keep her with us"

Clara walked up to her mother. Her tired eyes were slightly opened.

"I love you Clara" her mother whispered with a weak voice.

Then it happened, all of the machines started beeping. At least ten doctors entered the room and Clara looked at her mother while tears were running down her cheeks. Her mothers eyes were now closed, for good.

"Mom, please don't leave me".

July 17, 2022 14:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Carl Tengstrom
19:53 Jul 23, 2022

Thank you very much for a good story. The language is very smooth and easy to follow. Even if the theme is sad it is interesting to follow. There is on thing though, which would have been good to know. The age of the daughter. All in all is very good story and it also built up the tension in marvellous way.

Reply

19:56 Jul 23, 2022

Thank you for the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.