Life Turning Point

Submitted into Contest #44 in response to: Write a story that starts with a life-changing event.... view prompt

10 comments

General

Have you ever wondered that something in life happens which transforms the rest of our life. Something, which might even occur so accidently that even that one moment could turn on the rest of our life. 


It was the time where I happily spent my childhood. In my teenage, one incident happened which I cannot forget in my life.


Let me tell you my true experience. Every girl of this earth would have been in this situation, some of them will express and some of them not..


While it was on my tenth std during the time, my grandmother passed away. I was too much attached to my grany. I was raised by her. I do not have parents. After my grany passed away, one of my aunt took care of me. She took the resposibility of mine. She gave me a good lifestyle along with moral values and eduction. You know what, being a female it's too difficult to cross your teenage without parents. But, my aunt never let me feel that I do not have a parents.


So after I finished my 10th std, I was at home and was spending my summer holidays. It was evening, my other aunt and her husband came home.

I was serving dinner at 8.30PM. My uncle was sitting on the sofa, and he was holding his phone and the phone display was on my opposite direction.

Then, I saw something he is trying to show me from his Nokia N95, (those days small screen camera phone with keypad) then I observed it deeply. There was a porn video and he was trying to show me to attract me sexually. I just ignored it and kept my work on. My both aunts were in kitchen. Me and my younger cousin brother were sitting together. Uncle was holding his phone on his cheeks and giving me flirty looks. Firstly, I got scared. Then I just got up from there and I went to kitchen with aunts.


The next day he started stalking me everywhere. When my aunt goes to her work, I will be all alone at home then he started calling me on our Landline phone. If I disconnect his call, he used to come directly home and starts knocking the door hard. Many times I have hid myself under the cot when he used to peep me from outside the window. As the days passed, I had some bitter experience of sexual harassment by my own uncle. I lost my patience, when he started blackmailing me by taking my friends number from my diary and he used to blackmail me like if you don't agree for what I want, then I will call your friends and tell them that you have slept with me and you have aborted my baby once. Though you have not, I will spoil your honor infront of your friends and neighbours.

Then I came to my aunt and told her everything, this is how uncle is doing. Then my this aunt had called to my another aunt scolded her that, your husband is doing all these. What a shameful conversation it was.


Except aunt, No one believed me when I complained about him. Instead they said (especially that uncle's wife), "try to wear to clothes properly; men will obviously get attracted". After these all happened I have become the topic of the family.


I have not done anything, so why I have to get scared? So, I told him you do whatever you want to do..I am least bothered; I said. Then he was like I will torture your aunt, if you don't agree for my feelings.


So many things happened, where my that aunt also stopped coming home because her husband told her not to come home.. She supported her husband. But, the time has taught everything correct.


Then I thought I have to deal with it alone. I have to secure my honor. Otherwise, people will kill me by their bad taunts. So I was strong enough to keep myself calm down. Every day n night I used to cry infront of God. Everyday I was just praying that never let a female child alone in this earth. Some of the men are really good who takes care of women. Some men are set these kind of example who behave bad with the family women only.


Another incident, where,

I used to go to college, on the same way he used to come in his car and follow me like a stalker. But, I did not get scared, I just called my aunt and informed, that see, " I am on my way to college, he is coming behind me". So, you only deal with it; I said to aunt.


After few days, he called on the same landline phone, where I answered, when I heard his voice I was about to keep the receiver, then I heard his voice like "do not drop the call, I am on the line; he said. I said, yes tell me. He said, "How much I tried to scare you, but you did not get scared only.. I really wonder that you are a strong girl.


(He was appreciating me only, that how I did not bend for his blackmailing calls).


Only one thing I told like, Yeah, Why should I get scared when I have not done anything. Maybe I do not have parents. But I am not here for free anyone. Even I have rights to live. I have dare to live without parents. Then the call was disconnected. That was the last conversation. I was feeling light after the struggle of whole 3 years. Yes, I was dealing with this for so long months. Finally I was able to handle my situation. Everything is under our control. If you say yes. then it is yes. Nobody should interfere or control you for anything. It's your life, live it with proud.



Finally the aunt who took care of me, she trusted me and she supported me. She gave me a beautiful life. Though I passed a hard days because of uncle. I proved myself this is not an end, this is the begining.  


My teenage was highly difficult to pass without my parents intervention. Somehow, I finished my graduation I went to the reknowned city by having so many untold dreams within me. After I got a job in one of the biggest MNC with good salary, everybody started respecting me. The way of their view has completely changed. Everytime, every girl or a boy is not wrong. It's time where people should pass with the all guts and confidence..


This was my life's turning point, where I have learned everything by my life's experience.. Something should happen bad, that you find something good in you..


After I have gone so far from all these bad incidents, I never turned back to my past lifestyle. Today I am an independant girl. I know to laugh and make people laugh too.


Sexual Harassment is never ending thing. Be bold my girls. Let's not hide anything.. Let us spread happiness.


Your honor is your priority,. Until you get scared, people will make you scare. Be confident enough to tell the truth..


✍🏻Shimar..

June 04, 2020 07:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

Maryam Shee
16:53 Jun 04, 2020

Brave girl, every girl should have confident as u have. Best of luck for ur future. ❤

Reply

Sheeba Javid
04:46 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you for reading..:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
08:38 Jun 04, 2020

Woww , this is most touching and a story every girl should read because it sounds real and I am sure every girl would have faced this atleast once in a lifetime. Waiting for more sheeba👍🏼

Reply

Sheeba Javid
04:46 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you for reading..:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Smruthi C
08:13 Jun 04, 2020

Wow.. you are really brave.. thanks for sharing your story with us 🙂

Reply

Sheeba Javid
04:46 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you for reading..:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shoaib Qanie
07:53 Jun 04, 2020

Great story

Reply

Sheeba Javid
04:47 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you for reading..:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Love Channel
07:50 Jun 04, 2020

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Reply

Sheeba Javid
04:47 Jun 13, 2020

Thank you for reading..:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.