Quietus Kiss

Submitted into Contest #134 in response to: Set your story beyond our own world.... view prompt

0 comments

Science Fiction Romance LGBTQ+

This story contains themes or mentions of sexual violence.

 “William!”  Where are you?" I tried to respond but strained to gain enough air. I could hear him tossing debris from the ship around. "We need to go... now!” Gaining enough strength, I pry open my eyes to find him me now. I began the struggle to sit upright.   We need to find Brian and Cara, make our escape before they arrive. Mike pulls me to my feet before I can offer him my assistance.   

I’m fine now. offered to him, “Let me go, save your strength.”   

Still grasping me tightly, he slowly slides back down to the ship's ground. “I need to regain my strength, I’m so sorry.” Exhausted, he laid his head down close to mine. “I will carry you out. we will be ok.” 

I shifted my eyes in a panic, the bones in my legs seemed to be dissolved. I felt no pain, as the lay there tenderized flattened. 

“You must leave please, escape please!” I plead, anticipating his refusal. “Mike! find our friends and escape! He says nothing but instead kisses me tenderly on the top of my head. “Something is here, Love” Mike whispers. "I hear their steps; they will kill us soon." I fear not of whatever was approaching. With all the strength of my shambled body. I pull his lips firmly against mine, quietus.   

Planet Asada lies between the Andromeda and the Milky Way Galaxy. It’s a Labor planet, in which, every Worker's life purpose is to serve. Acadian Law is simple:  

Follow Adasa law at always, never stray. You are only a Workers, or You are only a Vessel. This is Asada’s only need for your life and your life is only to serve Asada. Exhibiting any oddities will result in immediate execution.   

At age 4 we were assigned a work partner, Brian was mine. We worked for Lotus, a shipyard. Our labor was to crawl into the ships' small pockets to perform repairs. By age 10 we are assigned a wife. Most workers had reproduced at least one “Worker” by the age of 16. I, however, was experiencing great trouble delivering unto my wife. This is the greatest shame you could incur on Asada and an oddity fit for execution. Soon they will send in a Fertilizer to deliver for me. In an attempt to prevent her from being embarrassed, my wife forced me to take new labor. Something less strenuous, to increase chances of delivery. Fortunately for me, my new work location was the fertility office, giving the Fertilizers their weekly assignments!   

Fertilizers held the highest prestige on Asada, I quickly learned. they were allowed certain luxuries normally forbidden. Fertilizers had private residences, slight access to privacy, they were able to host dinners, and entertain guests. The discovery of this angered me. I will never break Asadian law, partake in oddities, be disgraceful, I thought. Mike, was Asadian gold, the most desired Fertilizer. he transcended others in beauty, stature, and muscle tone. His lips consumed me, a warm cinnamon tone, round and bulbous I imagined they would rupture at the gentlest stroke. Often. I dreamed of a lick, a nibble, to release the nectar confined within. As his nectar fills my mouth, I pray it is quietus. Gluttoned from his poisons, gladly embracing my fate  

Every week I waited Impatiently, anticipating his arrival. sneaking a brush against his finger when handing off his assignment. I would get engorged and my insides quivered at every encounter. I would give enough time for him to leave the office then escape to the bathroom and relieve myself. One day after I thought he had left; I opened the bathroom to see him. He was so close to the entrance that I almost hit him with the door.   

“Excuse me,” he says in an attempt to vacate and escape our cramped situation. I wanted to retreat but found myself unable. Mutiny! betrayed by my own limbs, I became paralyzed and dumb. Worse, I was blocking the door, he couldn’t escape my oddness. Continuing its mutinous rampage my body attacked, by pushing this giant against the wall. My teeth then escaped from my mouth and took a nibble from the plumpest part of his lips! the nectar I prayed to be quietus, was not. moaning in delight, I needed more, a bit harder. “Ouch!” He exclaimed. I backed off to see a drop of blood on his lip. I couldn’t resist it, the prize was mine, I licked.   

A sudden fear rushed to my brain; not of execution, but embarrassment. He thinks I’m odd and sick, I thought, I must escape! I wasn’t so lucky, he was fast, before I could take a step, he caught me and shoved me into a bathroom stall. He will not leave me to the executioner, instead, rightfully kill me himself. He looks deeply into my eyes and pushes me up. His body now attacks as did mine, I can feel his fertilizer pulse against me. He puts his lips up against mine, this makes me quiver and warm. Even with death staring me in the face I don't know how much longer I can resist stealing another taste. In an attempt to restrain myself, I pinch my lips tightly together.  

Mike lets out a low chuckle, then whispers “Let me in, love.” with his tongue he parts my lips. Lost and ecstatic I gladly opened to welcome him in.  Startled I tried to fall back when I felt his hand tenderly brush against my chest. he thrust harder against me in opposition. My fertilizer throbbed, never had I experienced anything compared to this, I tried to hold myself back, I felt embarrassed. He seemed to notice my apprehensions, he backed off.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or force myself on you." He spoke. 

What was he saying! I pushed my scrawny body back to him.

I violate you first, and I will again! I threatened. I threw my hand on his fertilizer. " uum!"

He chuckled at the reaction of my discovery. He grasped tightly behind my neck as I gasp as he plunged deeper into my mouth. I released, I no longer had trouble delivering! He pulled away satisfied with his accomplishment. “Dinner at my place tonight at 7? Did he expect me to be able to speak? No, he didn’t. I'll send a ship to escort you, have your wife ready. He responded, then turned and left.   

No, not my wife. I thought.  

I still don’t remember her name, I received it once when we were first assigned to each other. I simply called her, my wife. She never strayed from the law, so she abstained from conversing with me. If she did speak it was only my delivery or me impregnating her. Always emotionless and cold, her face bland and unmoving. Every time I tried to deliver it felt like I was trying to impregnate a gray flat wall. When I told her about the dinner invitation for the first time, I saw a glimpse of an expression escape her eyes.  

 Dinners became regular at Mike's. As our wives cooked and spoke of impregnation, we were allowed to escape to his den to speak of “work”, Our dinners were spent mainly, talking, touching, and asking questions of each other. He never left me to feel ignorant about my lack of experiences, yet set out to help me discover answers.  If I didn’t know of a food, an object a touch we would try it. . The uncertainty of my delivery, we found so many ways! Sadly, my journey to self-discovery came to an end. Brian’s promotion put him with the prestigious. also, his wife Cara had just become Impregnated, they will become our new dinner partners.   

Brian leads our work conversations, thankfully. I couldn’t bear to hear of Mike's work, and mine was a bore. The security clearance he gained with his promotion gave way to the most amazing stories. He always starts every story with ‘I’m risking my life, telling you this but, because we are friends.” which was him breaking another law. Even though we were “friends,” Me and Mike still never revealed our secret. Brian tells us stories of travelers who stop for repairs. He claims they share knowledge and wisdom of other planets, galaxies, and universes, that they are free and encouraged to share emotions, thoughts, and feelings. They engaged and expressed them by laughing, crying, yelling, and smiling. I came to realize I was experiencing all these things with Mike; he had shown me all this and more.  

Brian could see me deep in thought, understanding my confusion. He quickly sprung to his feet, scrunched up his nose, closed his eyes tight, and showed me his teeth. I couldn’t hold in my laughter, neither could Mike, He looked crazed, absolutely hideous!  

“tiss issa sile!” He said not to straighten his face before he spoke.   

“I wonder why anyone would want to put their face in such a way?” Mike teased. Please stop. It makes me ill to my stomach.” This made Brian’s hideous smile creep further towards his ears.   

Even with the wonderful stories, Brian entrusted us with, I longed for it to be just us again. One day, Brian and Cara failed to show at 7. Mike and I held off as long as we could waiting for a word from them. Knowing it could be forever before we could get a moment like this again, we will make the best of their absence. Our lips, our bodies locked into each other like they never had before. I was loud, I didn’t even try to hold back, he was louder.    

“This is how you two discuss your work? Brian was standing beside us before we even noticed him entering the den. Mike and I were taken by surprise and hurried to cover our oddities. “Asadian Law meant to keep us, all false. You will suffer and beg for the death they claim.” Brian’s voice was shaky. “First, a whip to make blood ooze from your body. Then into the wounds, blood beetles will dig...”  

“Do what you must Brian!” Mike responded. “You will not stay in my house threatening us!” Mike demanded. Brian did not.   

“Your fertilizers then inched into boiling tar. You will beg for your fiery death. Now I ask you, my friend is he worth it?” his gaze was set sternly upon me. With water in his eyes. Sickness flew from my mouth instead of words. Mike wiped my mouth and steadied me against him.  

  Mike spoke before I could answer, “I have borne witness to the tortures, required to attend every one. It's a form of entertainment for the privileged, and a way to keep us in place. in fact, that’s what kept me from Will so long. When he put in for change labor, I requested the fertility office." Mike had never spoken of this with me before.” I planned to make advances towards him, only to be burdened with fear of causing him harm. Consumed with desire, I kept tabs on him. waited in a stall, discovering he would retreat there. Brian, this is all my fault, not your friends!

I had never seen Mike sad, never seen him cry. I hadn’t realized, I was drenched in tears “Now, I have given him all of what I have, taken of him all that he offered, I’m fulfilled. He squeezed me tighter into his arms. I will turn myself in only if you keep our secret. So, he won't be tortured, Please.”  

Brian’s hideous smile crawled across his face. "No need for you to turn Mike, I have a plan, we will leave Asada, together!”   

Finally gaining composure to speak. "Leave Asada? Why, and where?”   

Brian was quick in response, “for love, like you and Mike. For my wife, and the Worker she carries in her belly, we won’t give another to Asada.” With our attention fully engaged now, he continued. “The Milky Way is heavily guarded, because of Earth, and that’s where we are headed. “I’ve built a spaceship from Lotu’s junkyard. Already equipped with warp speed, I boosted it with hyperspace. Legally, only military ships are approved for use of hyperspace, but we need it to enter quantum slipstream. When there’s trouble, I will signal, and that’s when you two will activate hyperspace. There are a total of 6 switches laid side-by-side, needing to be flipped in unison.  

Mike was smiling almost as hideous as Brian. I think he understood Brian, delivering countless, for Asada. We’re In! I responded.   

  The night of departure my wife was unusually restless. I could hear her every toss and turn; I felt her eyes upon me. Becoming increasingly aggravated, I inquired, “Do you need anything to assist in your sleep?”    

“You will not even attempt impregnating me?” She quickly replied. “It has been months!   She was content with the dinners, with being around the prestigious, until now. “I’m fertile, you are required to impregnate me!” her voice cracked.   

So, she was capable of emotions. “I’m sorry. I can’t deliver tonight. Tomorrow?” I offered; a bargain should silence her.     

  “If you will not deliver, I'll…I'll call in a Fertilizer for tonight, and report your refusal!”   

  I turned to my wife, instead of gray, she was red! I discovered a new look on her face, one I had never seen before. “Perhaps, they will send me Mike?” She taunted. “He is an amazing Fertilizer I hear best on the planet, right?”  

My stomach turned; she knows! Angered by her threats I swung out of bed to my feet. Quickly I realized, I must refrain from showing any emotions. She will do anything in her power to stop me, I have not even attempted to give her what the others on this planet held of any value. “That will not be necessary,” On Earth, I planted my thoughts, me and Mike free to make our choice to be together. I climbed into her bed and delivered to her, for the first and last time.     

The Milkyway galaxy is a bright, abundant aurora of energy. Infinite, fluorescent orbs float weightlessly throughout it. New senses, smells, and colors give birth within you while you swim in its pool. Pluto’s moons encased its king as a crown upon its head. This is the galaxy’s first line of defense; all ships are inspected there. On the other end of Charon is the entrance for the quantum slipstream, a narrow tunnel for spaceships to travel at superluminal speeds. All we needed to do was make it there. As we passed Hydra, the first moon, we began to be followed by 2 patrol ships, quickly it doubled to 10. “Brian, what is this?” Mike inquired. Unsure Brian became mute.  

  Soon, A voice came over our ship's intercoms " You failed to stop at Hydra for processing, turn your ship around!"   

 “Don’t worry.” Brian tried to ensure us, just a little farther”   

  “ We will commandeer your ship and remotely take over all controls, you have 30 seconds to comply”    

 "What? They can do that” Mike asked surprised. "All the stories and

I never heard of possession of spaceships!”   

 "Yes sir, and we can hear you, as well." The intercom responded. Brian looked surprised by this revelation.

"It seems a traveler aboard your ship is pregnant. All pregnant women are restricted from traveling the slipstream, report back to Hydra at once."  

  Brian gently laid his hand against Cara’s swollen belly. She placed hers on top of his.  Brian turned to me and Mike and gave us "The Signal." His hideous smile made one glorious last appearance.   

Mike and I flipped the switches…hyperspace!  

With ease, Brian whipped our ship into the slipstream. I braced for the speed shift but strangely felt no effect onboard. The patrol caught up with us within a second. "Warning! You are now considered a hostile!" Our controls started to flash and alarms chime.

Do we have weapons, or a force field anything!? Mike began to look at all the panels in front of us.  

Umm, no I had to get rid of them I hope it would make hyperspace faster with less weight. Brain responded.  

Yet, you didn’t think to take out whatever they used to possess our ship and spy on us! Gone mad I assumed, instead of being mad, Mike began laughing hysterically.   

The weapons wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Soon, thousands of laser arrows flooded our ship. The ship's sirens sang a dooming song. Our ship hissed poisonous gases all around. I looked over to Mike to see him for one last time. His eyes were already on me. I. Love you!  

Visions of Brian and Cara, with their newborn worker the night of the crash. They were teaching her freely how to 'Love". The baby Worker laughs hysterically every time Brian smiles. Cara's belly is swollen again.  

He is beside me; his spirit draws closer.   

“Will, my love.” Only one of my eyes will open, blurry, I still make out his outline. “We are safe my love, and have been accepted entry, and residency.”  

“Where? I mumble, To heaven?” Mike lets out a slight chuckle, it made me flashback to our first kiss.

"Our new home is in a state called Nevada; they call it area 51.” 

February 24, 2022 21:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.