0 comments

Romance

Her doe eyes perished in the dark, inky corner of the house. Trembling in terror, her eyes watered, and she cried in a petrified state. Looking up, she noticed the vacuous, motionless room fill her peripheral and the feeling of trepidation crept up her spine in an angst horror. Screaming and punching the air, then sliding down to meet the cold hard-wooden floor, the girl brought her knees to her forehead as she hugged her legs rigorously and rocked forward and back while expectorating out slurs.


“You’ll be okay June, you’ll be okay June, you’ll be okay-“


Someone grabbed her wrist to pacify her and calm her down, but then hesitatingly she looked up and hollered a long, loud, peorcing cry of pain and dolefulness. She couldn’t see anything. Nothing, but that same empty room was visible through her empty, concerned eyes as they were staring back, right at a man with a solicitous, worried, emotional expression.


“June I’m right here! I’m right here!” The girl clenched her ears roughly.


“Stop it!” June screamed. All she could hear from the man was a timid cry, a small non-understandable cry that whispered softly in her ears. 


The man could see she wasn’t in her right state of mind, and hesitatingly he grinned. 


“I love you June.” The man said once more before unlocking himself from her wrist. As he walked out of the house room and vanished into a dispensed burst of air.


June looked up and felt nothing. There was no more pain, no more screaming sculpting her mind. There was nothing but a sad girl in a painfully dark corner. 



January 16, 2020 01:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.