2 comments

Teens & Young Adult High School Drama

Oliver

Today was the day. The day I would tell Gina how I felt. I was going to look in her bright blue eyes and everything was going to be perfect. I've longed for this day to come for the past 5 years. Gina has been one of my best friends since we were 8.

The only problem about my magnificent plan was that Gina is currently unavailable. Noah Peters is the guy who actually has the gift of being her boyfriend.

The stuck-up quarterback who spends half his day looking at himself in the mirror and the other talking about the amount of his touchdowns.

Gina isn't even his type, at all. But I've come up with the theory that he just began dating Gina because of her looks. And also the fact that he wanted to deflower her. In that he succeeded, which is another reason why I loathe him.

I know what you must be thinking, "Why would I get even attempt to show Gina my feelings if she's already taken?" But you don't get it. She is the light of my life, the sun when my life's so grey. Even if she'll never see me as more than a friend, I need her to know how I feel. How I've always felt.

Noah

"Stace I know it's hard to see me with her, but I promise you it's only temporary. As soon as I win the championship I will let her go."

"Promise?"

"Promise", I kiss her forehead. I step out of her BMW M3, making my way inside the building.

I see Gina on her way towards me. She makes that face I love and squeals loudly as she runs jumping in my arms.

"Hey baby. How's your morning been?", she smiles.

"Alright, I guess. It's better now that you're here."

She gets on her tippy-toes and kisses me softly. The way her soft pink lips feel on mine make me melt.

I grab her hand in mine. We make our way down the halls, getting to Spanish class.

"Here's my stop."

"Gina..."

"Yeah Noah?"

A lump begins to form in the back of my throat as I try to say these words. "Um.. forget about it. It can wait."

"Okay, I love you. See you after class."

"See you", I say walking away.

I make my way to the bathroom, as I look in the mirror I don't know who's looking back at me. Someone so familiar turned into a stranger overnight.

Stacey, my ex, was the one who proposed this shenanigan. She wanted me to date Gina. It was the only way I could get my grades up enough to play and get a scholarship.

I knew someone would get hurt when it was time to end it. I just never expected it to be me. And Stacey is determined to get me back.

Gina

Mine and Noah's relationship couldn't be better. Almost 6 months strong and my love for him just grows. My favorite part of the day is when I fall in his arms and he makes me feel so safe.

Interrupting my thoughts is Oli next to me. He taps my shoulder until he sees me turn around.

"Yes Oli?"

"Can we talk after school?"

"Can't."

He looks at me confused.

"Oli the State Championship is today. I've got to support my guy you know."

"It's important G."

"It can wait until after. Okay?"

"Alright..."

"Good. Now get back to your test before Ms. Rodriguez thinks we're cheating."

This test came easy to me, considering I'm Dominican. Spanish comes naturally to me.

Class went by pretty quickly and soon it would be time for the game. Making my way to the locker room. I was going to surprise Noah.

Noah

"I want you Noah", Stacey says.

"I don't think I want you anymore."

"What?!"

I scratch the back of my neck, "I don't think I want to date you again. You were controlling and a mess. Gina is nothing like that. She's-"

"Shut up. Shut the hell up! Don't you dare mention her name again!"

"Why are you mad at me?! It was you who told me to date her."

"Yeah so you could go to a good college you asshole. Not so you could fuck her and make her yours. You were mine..."

"Exactly, I was yours. I am Gina's now."

"You are such a waste of my time."

"I'm sorry Stace."

"Can I at least get a goodbye kiss?"

"Sure." I walk up to her grabbing her face in my hands, our lips meeting. This was one hard goodbye.

"You asshole!" Gina screams.

I turn around letting go of Stacey. "I- I'm so sorry Gina. It's not what it looks like."

"Oh, so you weren't kissing your ex?"

"Yes... but-"

"I don't want to hear it. I came to give you this. But seeing as your busy, I'll just leave it here." She throws me an object, hitting me on the face.

"Don't be too surprised girly. He was just using you for good grades. He didn't really care about you."

Gina looks at me hurt, "Is that-", she chokes up. "Is that true?"

I don't answer.

"I hope you two live happily ever after. You're perfect for each other." She storms out the locker room, just leaving Stacey and me.

"I guess that means we can get back together."

I look at her, "Did you know she was there?"

"Well... I didn't know it was her. But I did a very good educated guess."

"You bitch."

"If I can't have you. No one can." She starts walking out. "Oh", she turns around looking at me, "Good luck on the game. Go Tigers!"

I look at what Gina gave me, it was a necklace of a Tiger with a football.

Gina

I run out the school, dialing the only person I want to see right now. "Oli?"

"Gina you okay?"

"No, can you pick me up?"

"Yeah I just left the school but I can turn back around. Give me 5."

I wait patiently for him. A couple minutes later I see a Honda civic pull in and I make my way to him. Sitting in the passenger seat, I finally break down letting everything go.

"Gina, are you okay?"

"He kissed her."

"Who?"

"Noah he kissed Stacey."

"What?!"

"Yeah and he just used me for good grades. His GPA wasn't good I guess. Our whole relationship was a fake."

"I'm so sorry G."

"It's okay Oli. I should've listened to you when you said he gave you bad vibes."

Oliver

Gina begins crying even more. I take her in my arms and hug her tightly. "It is not your fault G. He's just a pathetic excuse of a human being. Wanna go to my house and watch a movie and eat some junk food."

She wipes her tears and nods her head. "Okay so let's get going."

After we make it home, we ordered pizza and bought some things from the store. She was so tired emotionally that she fell asleep.

I caress her hair, as she lays her head on my lap. I cannot believe Noah ruined a good thing just for a girl like Stacey.

But that means now that I might have a chance for myself. And I will thank him for that.

Noah

The game was a total bust. We lost no thanks to my lack of concentration. Gina and I are no longer a thing. Stacey and I will never be a thing again.

I am alone, and I doubt Gina will want to hear my side of the story. My father gave me an hour lecture and my performance today. Basically saying how I ruined my chances for senior year.

A to be completely honest I could care less. The only thing I wanted was Gina. And that would no longer be possible. Gina was gone.

August 02, 2021 23:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Eric D.
04:18 Aug 13, 2021

Great POVs, just some misspellings of Stacey but all was well written

Reply

Kiki Abbi
18:03 Aug 13, 2021

thank you very much. i wanted to write Stacey that way. i don’t know, i thought it was different.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.