The Matchmaker

Submitted into Contest #3 in response to: Write a story about a matchmaker.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

"Girl, don't you think it's about that time for you to start dating again?" Francie and Katie say to Ali. "Ha, you guys are tripping you guys know the dating scene isn't for me." Ali replies to the girls. These 3 girls have been friends since diapers. Real friends reassure their friends. Francie was already dating somebody as well as Katie. Ali was the only one who wasn't dating. She's been single since 2016. Ali would have her crushes here and there but she wasn't too much into the dating scene anymore not since her last relationship anyway. Ali just didn't want to keep getting her heartbroken constantly.

The girls decided to take a road trip to get some green medication. Something that the 3 of them would always do but only when they're together. "You know what you should try Ali? go onto this app called tinder and sign up for it," Francie suggested. "Mmm I don't know is it a legit app? like do you really find someone on that thing?" Ali asked. "you would have to try and see sis." Katie added. "ugh we'll see can we just get high now?" Ali demanded. She was just over the relationship conversation. She didn't really care for them.

The girls pulled up to there the plug was and they got them their greens. "So where are we smoking? Ali's porch? the girls agreed. Katie put the car in drive and drove towards Ali's house. "why don't we go on a drive?" Francie asked. "That's gas sis." Both Katie and Ali said simultaneously. "well damn okay Ali's back porch it is then." The girls laughed. They arrived at Ali's house and they headed straight for the porch. Ali runs upstairs to her room to get the smoke bag. While Francie and Katie were on the porch. "so am I the only one whos been thinking about downloading the tinder app on her phone without her knowing?" Francie asked Katie. "Word! but you have to do it quickly you know how fast Ali is especially if she knows we're about to smoke." Katie suggested. Francie took Ali's phone and downloaded tinder the girls were the only ones that knew any of Ali's passwords. The app was downloaded successfully.

Ali went downstairs and straight to the back porch where the girls were. Alright, you guys lets get freaking high and talk our shit." Ali says. Ali unlocks her phone while Katie rolls and Francie just talking about random shit. Ali started looking through her phone and seen an unfamiliar app in her phone Ali started laughing and looked at the girls. The girls looked at Ali and laughed as well. "Just try it!" the girls said. "Fine!" Ali added. Ali gave in and decided to sign up for the app. "Now just have fun with it." The girls told Ali just don't do anything crazy and just watch out for the weird ones." The girls added.

11pm the girls went home and ALi is up watching a movie. She opens her phone and decides to go on the app that the girls downloaded on to her phone. "ah what the hell why not" Ali whispers to herself. *Swipe right if you're interested and swipe left if not interested* Ali seemed to be swiping left for a while until she got to a certain profile that stopped her from swiping left. She actually swiped right on this one the upside is that it says he lives 1 mile away. Ali went through his pictures and agreed that he is cute. She didn't message him, of course, she waited until he would message her. Since he did swipe right first. After Ali swiped right it said that it was a match.

12:30 pm Francie and Katie were knocking at Ali's door to if anything happened overnight. By the sound of the girls knocking it woke Ali up. Ali gets up to open the door "Damn Ali long night or something?" Francie laughs. "Haha, very funny" Ali mocks. "Hey, Ali you know you have a billion notifications coming in as we speak right?" Katie adds. "No way, well I did just wake up thanks to you guys for knocking on my door like some damn police officers," Ali replies while freshening up. "Alright, let's see what creep is annoying now," Ali says. She unlocks her phone and opens the app. Ali pauses. "What's up Al?" The girls ask. "So there's this guy that matched me on tinder and he is the one that was blowing up my notifications." Ali smiled.

*Hello beautiful*

*I'm beyond happy we matched*

*the crazy part is that I live like 4-5 houses from you*

Shit, Ali, this nigga is your neighbor!" Katie shouted. "What should I even say? Maybe I should tell him that it was just a dare?" Ali says nervously. "Just entertain it ALi, you don't have to marry the man just see where it goes," Francie suggested. *Ding* Ali's phone notification goes off. *Hey, what are you doing tonight? I was thinking maybe a movie or drinks your call* Ali starts typing and responds *Well, to be honest, I'd like both. We can start with a movie.* Ali replies. *Well I wanted to do both as well so movies and drink it is.* *Great I'll pick you up at 9:30pm.* *Sounds good to me.*

The time is now 7pm and the girls are trying to help Ali find an outfit. Francie is actually digging up to see if the guy Ali is going out with tonight to see if he's a fake. "Well he seems pretty cool and he has fans." Francie states. "Let's just let her enjoy and see what she says after the date. You know she needs this especially after Jo's dumbass." Katie says. "Yeah I guess your right but if she tells us one thing bad oh he's done for," Francie demands.

Ali walks downstairs and the girls are absolutely stunned by her outfit. "Alright, so how do I look?" Ali asked nervously. "Freaking amazing girl he won't keep his eyes off you," Francie says. *Ding* "oop there he goes alright guys don't burn the house down if ya staying here." Ali says as she walks out the door. "Oh my gosh, there he is," Ali whispers. He got out of the car and greeted her with a flower but Ali is far from being the flower type, but she took it anyway. "Hello Ali," he says my name is LJ. *Oh my gosh he looks even better in person* she thought to herself. "Hi LJ." she smiled. He opened her door and they both got in the car. They had a whole conversation it seemed to be so interesting that they went straight for drinks instead so that they can talk some more. Every time Ali would look at Lj he was already looking at her she would start blushing. Which he liked because he adored her smile so much. They just couldn't take their eyes off of each other. "You know Lj you're not as bad as I thought. Ali says. "Oh really so you've some bad thoughts about me huh?" They both laughed. "Ali since we're neighbors I would love to see much more of you if that's cool?" LJ asked. "I would like that a lot and since I'm your neighbor no excuses about not being able to hang out other than work," Ali added. "Got it!" LJ replied. "Here let me see your phone." Ali passed Lj her phone. "Now there is definitely no excuses you got my number and I got yours. I thought it would be cheesy to ask for it through messenger." Lj says. As he was talking Ali couldn't help but stare at him while he was talking to her. Then she replied, "Yup exactly." They both laughed. The time was 4:00am "oh shit look at the time." Ali says. "Oh, my" Lj added.

Lj and Ali decided to go home Lj parks in his parking spot since they live right next to each other. Lj walks Ali to her door. He grabs Ali's face and kisses her softly on the lips and sends her inside. "See you again right?" LJ asked. "Definitely," Ali replied. Soon as Ali goes inside the girls are up just waiting. "Have you guys been up since I left?" Ali asks while taking off her shoes. "Nah we got some sleep, we just heard you outside. Katie says. "So how was it?" The girls asked. "Simply amazing we got each others number and now we'll just be kicking it until further notice," Ali says.

The End!

August 23, 2019 00:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.