0 comments

Inspirational Teens & Young Adult Creative Nonfiction


Being a teenager has advantages and disadvantages, but throughout life living and learning decisions must be made. Mistakes are learning essentials for carving the pathway into young adulthood. Exploration is another key for making progress such as taking a step forward. Sometimes, a repeat of the same vision takes place in order to ensure that mistakes are taken seriously aka lessons learned. The manifold of realization has to be set inward before contemplations are met. Therefore, as the subjects may vary, the situation does not change especially when choices are similar but, with the expectation of a different outcome. It simple does not happen. There’s always a door to open as a walk into the unknown delivers several passages. Trying to experience the most positive aspect of one is harder than sitting back and pointing. Not an easy task but in order to move forward involving door, one on the left or one on the right has to become a reality. Making the right choice is the main objective for following what’s beyond.


One day a friend came by to visit with a message to share for the young adult. The message contained a hair-raising effect due to the nature of not having space for doubt for what is known as a reality check. A matter of fact thought process sometimes is harder than it appears, but building determination and courage provides needed strength to conquer every obstacle we must endure. A friend advises there will come a time to face cross-roads which contains a left turn and a right turn. A choice has to be made before moving forward in life. Fair warning follows as the road on the right is paved with silver and gold, which is enticing to the eye and most appealing. The road on the left is raggedy, bumpy and torn-up looking very ugly, which is unappealing to the eye. Now, most would choose the one on the right to live the life in luxury, but before reaching the end of the road, things begin to turn raggedy, bumpy, and tore-up. The friend expression of best advice I have for you is to choose the left road because at first it may appear ugly with no hope for a better way of life, but before reaching the end of this road, it begins to turn more appealing and continues to get better towards the end.


The nerves are shilling due to the seriousness of the conversation and presents so much friction that unnoticed thoughts are rushing to the brain giving a shock method. Adrenaline increases at this particular moment is getting the best of emotions instructing wild notifications which stems from the brain. Of course, the door chosen for years of choices from the left door began as a raggedy effect delivering so many challenges and mountains to climb. The enhancement of experience has made the mind stronger with a variety testimony to share. During the process of the journey a main key factor is to never give-up because the experience would become short lived without a history.


The outcome of choosing the left door leading to the left road, which carries a remarkable memory of every event foretells living and learning new and old survival skills that comes in handy different times through life. To wonder what would have been different if the right door leading to the gold and silver riches would have been like? But the thought turning old and unappealing to the end did not set very well within personal thoughts. Others may never experience nor understand when the left door with travels on the rough and unappealing oldness resonates. It is not a wonder because their experiences are much different or maybe some forget where they have traveled from with a focus only for the present and future. With the most revealing aspect for details of manifestation involves maintaining balance no matter what there is always a key factor for understanding the valleys and the mountain tops, besides being lost in the forest where a multitude of tress are layered throughout the path. The light will shine, just follow, and see without your eyes, but with your heart as it leads to sharing true events.

Friend visit:1979


UNEXPLAINED TRUE INCIDENT:

HELPING NURSE

 Today is Wednesday on a day off work. A relative visited and before leaving a storm had been televised with winds expected up to 75 miles per hour and a possible tornado. The winds began to increase rapidly, so to rush and shut the front storm door is mandatory. About half-way a high, strong wind knocked on the door forcing it fly backwards. The force is sudden, and the impact of the wind forced the door open with my hand still holding onto it throwing me several feet higher into the air from the top step into the front yard. I land onto my feet but feel a twist in my right knee to the extent of nausea builds up in my stomach. When I was able to gain a little of composure looking back at the steps to get inside the house seemed like miles away.


 So, I began to hop over to the steps, once getting there the next question is “how am I going to get to the top and inside?” In severe pain, time passing in slow motion. I had carpal tunnel in both wrists and was a waiting for a surgery date. I had no choice but to use my sore wrist to gain access on the inside. Here I go using my wrists and hopping from bottom step to the top. Once reaching the top. The next phase is to figure out how to stand up, hop on one leg and make to the bedroom and get my purse. I tried calling for someone to come and help me back to the ground and vehicle for a ride to the nearest medical facility.


Heavily, sweating, I finally made to get my purse and hopped back to living room. Getting down those steps again took a long minute. While holding on the door facing applying enough pressure to try and slide down to the top step had to be done without too much thinking due to fear of falling again. So, I managed to flop down and went from top to bottom. I made to the car on one leg and decided to drive myself. I opened the door and carefully got in, then the next question I asked quietly, “how can I drive without my right leg?” The left was not injured at all and will have to do get me there. By the time I made to the stop sign other drivers gave me strange look and I wondered if they thought I was maybe drunk from stopping and going several times. Finally, I made it to the nearest clinic not far away from where I lived. This is the same day it seems everybody else is here as well. Reaching the far end of the parking lot, there happen to be an empty spot. The challenge is to hop all the way to the front entrance to receive medical attention.


Hopping on one leg reaching the entrance, a nurse was standing there and noticed my condition, she immediately ran inside to offer a wheelchair. She introduced herself. I accepted and throughout the clinic this young nurse pushed me inside to see the treating doctor, to X-Ray and back upstairs to revisit the doctor. She would leave and return when it was time to go to another area. After everything was over, I left holding crutches in the wheelchair until I reached the front door, of course the same nurse continues to push me to the very end. She was dressed in an outfit similar to what the candy stripers use to wear back in the day. I made it back to my car and drove back home stopping and going what seems like an impaired driver.


Later in the future, the same doctor who was going to perform the carpal tunnel surgery wanted permission to do an MRI on my knee as well because as it turned out, his assumptions were correct, and I needed surgery.


As I was leaving the clinic, I went to the front desk to inquire about this particular nurse, because I wanted to extend my gratitude once again for all of her assistance. The receptionist told me no one by that name works there. I asked if she was sure about that. She told me she has been working there for over 20 years and she would know if this nurse worked there. She stated that "she must have been an angel." I was totally in awe over hearing this. God has come to my rescue at a time I seriously needed assistance. This is truly amazing, I just wish I could remember her name to cherish, but I don’t intend on ever forgetting the fond memory of the helping nurse. God is so good; indeed, all of the time and I thank the Lord Jesus in all he does.

EVENT: The year of 2001

May 23, 2021 18:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.