0 comments

Holiday

Awakened by a loud crying and wailing, not knowing why all the crying sound had filled the air. Confusion in our hearts, deeply filled with sorrow, overshadowed with deep emotions that no vacuum where joy could be filled.

"Why did he have to go now? tears rolled over my cheeks, looking as the lifeless body of my brother lied down . The lost shoes that couldn't be replaced, no matter how hard we tried to forget the memories, but, it kept on haunting us like a thief in the night.

Months and time will move so quickly, but still the vacuum had been left open. The shoe in the family had been lost and gone, all we wished that time could be reversed and my brother could still be alive.

walking down the road, buzzing sound from my pocket, stretching into my pocket to answer the call. Anonymous number was all that i saw on the phone screen -

"Who might it be? trying to put together all the puzzle, but I couldn't make it out.

"hello! that was a sound from a lady -*

i had no idea who the particular lady was as she asked over my brother. It seems they had a long history, that we were not aware of. I couldn't control my deepest emotions, breaking down to tears.

"what's wrong? the lady asked

"My brother is no more-

i could hear the lady weeping so bitterly, I couldn't understand myself until she said that she had a son with my brother, who is 18 years of age.

Tears couldn't drop again, wiping my face with an handkerchief, "what did you say-

The lady repeated over my ears, for me to understand clearly, but, my heart was filled with denial, "please lady, don't put salt on my wounded wound.

Christmas had already approached, and I asked through the letter to the Santa Claus, "my brother would come for christmas. "

The entire family had gathered for the Christmas celebrations, when suddenly all things came to a stand still . A medium sized young man walked into our compound, accompanied with a beautiful lady. Glass on my hands, loosed and fell on the ground, shattering into pieces.

"My brother-

pointing towards the the young boy, that my feet couldn't hold me, falling onto the ground. I regained my concious, only to see the boy next to me..

"Hi Joan, my name is Sharon and this young man is Andrew. Andrew is the son of your brother.

I got strength to wake up in with smile over my face, holding the young man- "you look alike to your dad. Joy and happiness were restored, the other pair of shoes had been found.

There was more celebrations added to Christmas, as there were lots of drinks and food as the party continued.



December 26, 2019 13:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.