0 comments

Romance

She wakes, arm out stretched for her notebook and pencil, blurry eyed and still in the dream scape, she begins to scribble words in her book.

"bridge, sunset, orange frog, stairs, ute...

No order or sense if we was to read these words but she knows.

She has been documenting her dreams for 8 years now, notebooks line her cane shelf, with mangled English on each page.

It all came about from one dream she could not release from her mind, it was on repeat, staying in her thoughts and reoccurring in her dream state.

Slight changes occur each dream but the scenario goes like this.

She is walking on the beach, it's a nice summers day, people are enjoying themselves, swimming, making castles, then the tide goes out really quick and sudden, peoples laughter and joy stops, it's eerie in silence with nothing but the breeze in the coastal grass, then with magnitude force, the ocean returns, a tsunami like wave covers the beach, she runs with no escape taken by nature and it's power.

She wakes from this shaken and taken every time.

So then her research began, late nights reading others experience of dreams, she searchers op shops and books stores and purchases any book relevant to dreams.

She came to find, it's all meaningful, it's part of this mysterious life, and if she can de-code all of her unconscious mind she can excell in consciousness mind, so thats what she done. Because it's all connected, it all intertwined, everything connects, she has freed her mind.

Firstly her name is Bris, she's 39 a mother to Jason and divorced.

Living in the city and running a very successful bussiness.

It wasn't like this 8 years ago though, she lived in the suburbs, with a man named Jo, she believed he was the one, they was both borderline alcoholics and Bris couldn't hold a job down.

The dreams changed her life once she realised they are the blueprint for her life.

Bris figured out the ocean dream after a few months of decoding,

She came to find it was telling her that she was not in control of her own life, that forces of others was directing her and she just went with it weather she wanted to or not.

So she wasn't set on this information but it got her thinking and reflecting so Bris took action on what it was telling her, and low and behold her life began to shift.

So the dream journling began, she began to become obsessive almost.

One night she had a dream about Jo cheating on her, he was on a white couch with a blonde woman in a blue dress, they were only kissing, Bris woke feeling sick, looking beside her , at a empty bed he wasn't there.

So she began detective work.

One Tuesday evening many months after that dream, Jo called saying he was going to his brothers for beers with the boys.

Bris was heavy pregnate at this point in time and just wanted to sleep her life away.

She went to bed early this night, and the woman with blonde hair from the cheating dream was back, this time she was hanging washing on Bris's clothesline.

The next day Bris went into labor and was blessed with beautiful little boy, Jason.

The years went fast as she was busy being mum, the dream decoding continued but one day the blonde hair woman did arrive in reality, at the hair dresser, there she was sitting on the white couch in a blue dress.

Bris was taken at first, in shock, could it really be her?

3 years later Bris had left Jo, the wave dream has never occured again.

She moved out into a small apartment in the city.

1 week after the move, Bris was dropping Jason off for the weekend with his dad at their old place in the suburbs and guess who was out the back hanging washing on the line, you got it, the blonde lady.

Bris's face almost went white, wow she thought, with many racing thoughts in her head.

So now she knew she had access to powers of her mind.

She had to figure out how to truly understand them, was they predicting the future or just showing her pathways?

So the true journey began, hours and hours she put in, researching, de-coding, Writting and documenting.

She could

Then she connected all the dots, and seen that her life was a mirror of these dreams, sometimes nightmares.

Major events that happened in reality came with warning and prediction from the dreamscape.

Even her pregnancy was shown to her, she just didn't know it at the time. The death of her father was shown to her a year before it happened, but just not in a direct way like the blonde hair woman, more coded.

Bris discovered the more she understood and realised the harder her unconscious tried to hide it, lots of symbolism and hidden hints.

She knew that great success could come from her realisation, so she set to work, Bris began Writting books, as she wanted to help others in their awakening, she wanted to help others see their potential.

To show others the true choices of life and how we can hand pick them if we know how,

To show others this is not just our only reality and that many exists.

So now she sits in a high rise loft apartment with the best views of the city.

With all the clothes and shoes a girl could dream of, plus a Persian cat that assists her on the dream journey.

She is highly successful and financially abundant.

Jason lives part time between his parents.

Bris makes the most out of everyday as she knows she is the creator of this life and it is no one's responsibly but her own to take control, just as her first reoccurring dream of the beach told her.

It has taken 8 years to make it to this point of her life.

She can't wait to see what's next when she dreams up all the possibilities.

September 29, 2021 23:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.