0 comments

Drama Fiction Suspense

This story contains sensitive content

+++++Sexual and uncomfortable themes that viewers may find distressing be warned++++++

Are you Rachel? I asked.

Yeah, Rachel said. Dominic. Right.

That's right, I replied

In a gentle tone, she replied: Cool. I asked her what she wanted to drink. She said a macha latte. For myself, I ordered the decaffeinated latte coffee since caffeine makes me twitchy.

Her appearance was neat and tidy with a white blouse, fair hair tucked behind her ears. She glanced at the screen of a phone. Her hands shook subtly.

Meeting online as opposed to meeting in real life was difficult to adjust to.

You can create a version of you. Say something different from what you would usually say. Someone you want to be, or someone you could be or ought to be.

The text screen was liberation, protection by the walls of data.

Now I felt naked. I felt exposed. Powerless.

I believe Rachel felt the same way. I was not sure.

The coffee bar was alive, the sun hanging above the open-air mall where it was situated. Rachel absent-mindedly began to examine her fingernails,

My gaze wandered to the pedestrian passers-by. It was Sunday and most of them were window shopping as many do, but not bothering to go in. It was busier than usual.

You're a bit different from what I imagined. She said.

Oh, face-wise. I asked.

No, no, just the way you talk, compared to what you say online is different. She said. I gave a nervous laugh.

In a good way or a bad way?

A good way a good way, she said with a nervous smile.

Yeah, I mean at least you're not a stalker or something like that.

If I was, I said as I sipped my coffee, I would have been more obvious.

The summer heat was intense. It was a mistake to wear thee blue jeans and a white top. I was trying to match the fashion I saw on an Instagram post..

Where are you from? She asked.

Around, the area not far from the mall. I convinced myself to say.

The chemistry was weak. And already we were having difficulty saying things to each other to keep the conversation rolling.

I first noticed her in the corner of my eye around the fountain. A young woman in a red dress, her legs that came out of it, like twin Snakes strolling down the road, the summer hat she was wearing framed her face, like one of the saints seen on the graving on a church.

She had a lollipop in hand, walking gracefully.

How did the work thing go? I said, the corner of my eyes glancing at her.

You said you had issues with.. Jenny Jessica Janice….?

Janice, the bitch. She said more animated now.

She's become a difficult problem honestly... She began.

At this point, her voice sounded muffled. I watched the young women stop in front of a bakery opposite our table, looking through it’s window. Her face reflecting back at me, enticing me as if inviting me. My eyes fixed on her. Rachel said something. I responded. I can't remember what I said.

They say men can’t multitask. I say it's sexism in my opinion. Men can multitask, and be present, with one woman and admiring another.

She was with me now, sometime in the future. Her eyes looked up at me, she wanted me to have my way with her.

We are both in the alley. Her body before me.

My lips to her neck caressing her. She moans, it makes me hard. I begin to untangle her dress...

And that's when I had had enough. I snapped back to the present.

Must have been terrible. I said.

I mean, she's a right bitch. And they don't listen to me. No one understands. She said as he placed her hand on mine,: Except you.

I smile, placing my hand over hers.

I told you. I said, you can tell me anything

I know. That's what I love about you, she said, When we text I mean when we talk. It sounds like we know each other.

It just flows. Like there is no barrier between us. Like it was natural.

Yes, Natural. I said

The young woman in the red dress was moaning again, she had dropped the lollipop in the alley. Now she was doing to me what she did to it.

Is it wrong to look at another woman while being with another? Is it really wrong? Being present with two people at the same time.

Another older woman came up to the younger woman.

She bent down and put her arm around her and pointed to one of the cake tart things in the window, the rounded ones with glaze honey and almonds sprinkled on top. The young woman nodded excitedly and the older woman took her inside...

…..My friends are useless, they don't understand me at all. Said Rachel. Same as in the last job I did.

It's difficult to make friends at work. I said. You're not the only one.

She nodded. She took her glasses off. Her eyes were kind of deep blue which went well with her hair.

In the sides of my vision, I saw the young woman was coming out to the shop with the older one bag in hand.

The ice cream was gone, and instead was a small blue teddy bear, which the older woman must have given her while they were inside.

What are you looking at? Rachel said which, snapped me out of my attention.

I studied her face, there was no jealousy and no suspicion. Just kind, very kind eyes looking up at me. Like she was hypnotized by the sun.

I was not looking at anything. I said. I was just thinking.

Thinking about what.

About how beautiful you are.

Aaawww, she said. Her head tilted to the side with a smile. The young woman was now walking away from the store with the older one.

Also sometimes you're too intimidating. i said

Rachel giggled and said : You're not intimidating. I just wanted a friend who would listen.

I took out my wallet and gestured to the waiter for the bill.

So what school do you go to again? I asked.

September 15, 2023 20:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.