0 comments

General

Jeff

Jeff loved the city. But he loved winter more, because in the winter they had a bowling contest. His grandpa owned a bowling place. Jeff was sitting on the bar stool behind the counter daydreaming when he heard a knock on the door. Jeff woke from his day dream and went to look who it was. It was his best friend Miles. Him and Miles bowled every morning before  school. It was like a tradition. Jeff let Miles in. “Thank god, you finally let me in it is crazy cold out there.” “I don't think it really is that cold,”  Jeff said back. 

“Really then you go out there for a few minutes,” Miles shouted back. 

Jeff stepped outside. Miles was right it was cold. But Jeff got lost daydreaming again. The beautiful city. Tall  buildings that seem that they would touch the sky. All this snow really made the city seem quite. “Jeff man you better get inside before you get frostbite,” Miles comment made Jeff lose all his thoughts. Jeff went back inside with Miles. Miles was right if Jeff stayed out there away longer he would freeze. Jeff and Miles grabbed their lucky bowling shoes and went to lane 47. Jeff and Miles were only allowed to use the last lane if it was free. Jeff was like a master bowler. But he never bowled a perfect game of all strikes. “I am going to beat your butt,” Jeff teased. 


After the game Jeff and Miles headed outside.  Jeff and Miles got talking. “Hey I am trying to make some money you got an idea?” Jeff asked. 

“Well what I do is buy some kicks then sell them online for more money,” 

“Um I don’t think I want to spend my time buying then selling stupid kicks,” Jeff said back.   “Oh you think my kicks are stupid look at your’s!” 

Jeff looked down at his plan white shoes.  But then before he knew it Miles shoved Jeff to the ground and took his shoe, and chucked it into the air. For a second it looked like it  might touch one of the big city buildings but instead it went plummeting to the snow covered ground below. Then all they heard was a thud! 

Veronica 

Veronica Silver-man loved the countryside but after she moved to the city her new love was the city. The city in winter was even more beautiful than any other season. The buildings look like they would touch the sky. The sound of cars running through the snow. 

“Beep, Beep. Beep!”  Her alarm clock stop all her dreaming about the amazing city. She jumped out of bed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. When she got down stairs the smell of fresh pancakes lingered in the air.  Her dad cut up some pancakes and poured syrup on top that flooded the plate.  

When she finished breakfast she through  on a sweat-shirt and some jeans and left the house. The cloudy sky of the city looked beautiful. She loved the snow but she did not really dress well for cold weather. When her hands grew numb she started to walk faster and faster. Then all of a sudden a shoe came falling from the sky and it hit her square in the forehead. She fell to the ground. Thankfully the snow was there to cushion her fall. Two boys came running from the other side of the hill. One of them was small and was wearing only one of his shoes, and Veronica  knew exactly were the other one was. The other boy was just a little bit taller than the other boy but this boy gave Veronica a weird butterfly feeling in her chest. Also he was wearing both his shoes! “Hello I am Miles,” said the short one. 

“I am so sorry about my shoe, oh your bleeding!” 

Veronica touch her forehead it throbbed. He was right it was bleeding.  The other guy who had both his shoes added, “Um all I got is a piece of paper do you want to have it to put it on you cut?” In her head she thought um no! But she just took it and stuffed it into her pocket. “I gotta get going,” Veronica said as she got up. Her head was still throbbing. How could her day get any worse, her pants were wet because of the snow, her head throbbed, and she just got hit in the head by a shoe so her day already sucks and she has not even gotten to school. The guy picked up his shoe and went running back up the hill. Veronica walk away with her pants looking like she peed herself. 


 

Jeff 

 When Jeff go to school he was planning on not telling anyone about what happened on the way to school. 

When he got into English his favorite class he relaxed. In English they were learning about the history of their city. “Welcome back class!” Mr. Ingram announced. 

“We will be finishing our drawing of the city today,” Yes! Jeff thought. He was drawing the city time during inter because well it was winter time and plus the city is so pretty in the winter time. Jeff slipped out of his seat and went to the back of the room to get his drawing. 

He looked at his drawing what was missing? He thought. He picked up his pencil and drew more snowflakes. Then he took a step back to look at his drawing. The thick layer of snow sitting on the ground. The tall building that touched the cloudy sky. The people with puffy winter coats. Oh how he wished he could go outside right now and just sit and stare out at the beautiful city. The ringing of the bell interrupted Jeff’s thoughts.  “Alright class see you tomorrow!” Then the whole class shuffled out the door. 


The rest of the day went day slow. When Jeff was walking back to the bowling center the city seemed so quiet. The snow really seemed to quiet down the city. 

When he got to the bowling center Veronica was sitting at a seat at the food bar He turned to walk the other way but his dad shouted his name, “Hey, Jeff do you know this kind young lady?”  Jeff lied kind of, “Um ya I think I have seen her around,” Jeff grabbed a seat and a sticky menu. 

“I will take a root beer and hot chocolate with extra marshmallow for the lady,” said Jeff. Veronica smiled. “Thanks.”  Jeff’s dad sided Jeff his root beer and Veronica her hot chocolate. Her and Jeff talked and sipped their drinks. But then a text from Veronica’s mom ended it. “My mom wants me to come home. But hey meet me a winter city fest tomorrow at 4:30.” she gave Jeff a paper and left. “See you tomorrow!”   Jeff shouted back as she left. 

“So,” said Jeff’s dad, “how are you and your new girlfriend going?”  

“Ugh, Dad stop.” 

Veronica

When she arrived home. She had butterflies in her chest. She just asked a boy out! Tomorrow was Saturday so no school, so she can hang out with Jeff like all day.  “Hey how was your day honey?” asked Veronica’s Mom. 

Veronica felt the bump on her forehead. “It was ok.”  She covered the bump on her forehead and went up stairs. She flopped down on her bed. Her bed smelled like mold. She got right out of her bed. She sat at her desk. She got out a stack of paper. She closed her eyes and imagined Jeff. She drew his thin lips. His big blue eyes. His black hair. She got lost in her thoughts. Oh how she wanted to kiss Jeff so bad. She fell asleep dreaming about Jeff. 


Jeff

The clock hit 4 pm and Jeff raced down stairs. He through on his coat and rushed to the winter city fest. As he walked through the snow he thought wow I can not believe that Veronica asked me to go to the winter city fest with her. Even after he hit her in the head with his friend's shoe. 

When he arrived to the winter fest Veronica was standing by the snack stands with two cup of root beer. He walked to her and she handed him a cup  of root beer. “Hey Jeff, thought you might want some root beer!” Jeff smiled. “Thanks!” 

They both finished their root beer and started to talk. They talked about how beautiful the city was in winter time.  Then Jeff got this weird feeling in his chest. Next thing he knew he was leaning closer and closer to Veronica. Then Veronica’s lips touched Jeff’s. The snow falling on their head. Jeff pulled back his lips and all he could say was, “Wow!” 


And that is the story of how two 13 teen year old's fell in love in the winter snow. 




       


January 08, 2020 00:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.