0 comments

Mystery

"Hey, Miss Granger!", a voice float in air. I looked behind and found none. A man came from the corner and said, "Here!". I got a bit shock but managed and said promptly, "Yeah... you must be her father." And greeted him.

"Did you bring the diaries?"

"I certainly did!"

"You read them?"

"You know I'm going through a lot!"

"I understand. Please, may I keep these for further....."

With utterly dismay, he said,"Do whatever you want..."

"But I assure you I'll do my best"

"It has been 3 months... 3 months and you are doing your best!"

What else could I say! I just left that place with the diaries, in hope. Hope for finding something. Something that's gonna lead me.

"Miss Granger, you're back?"

"Yes, Lira, please make a cup of coffee and keep it on my desk."

"You need a strong one?"

"Hmm...a very strong one..."

"Sure ma'am!"

I went back to my study and Lira, a very young active girl, already kept the coffee at its spot. So I sat on the easy chair and opened both the diaries in front me and started my research.


23rd September 2010

Luna's Diary

Saw him again, I told you Doorie, I'll see him again. He had a look. That look in his eyes expressed its assurance. I knew soon we'll meet. I've never felt such and you know I'm bad at guessing...

Today, returning from work... and he was there at the station. I felt he was waiting for me. Standing by the coffee shop near the book store. He kept his eyes on me. I could feel his glance. I looked at him but I guess he's shy enough to look back at me. It seems he has his beard grown a bit more. He looks nice in it though. No Doorie, it's nothing like that... it's just... I'm curious that what he wants to know... I just wanna know why he follows me and that's all...

Bye Doorie, time to go now...


Fred's Diary

Followed Luna after her work I guess I should stick to my plan though... I feel a bit close...no, nothing short of that! Bloody hell!!!


29th September 2010

Luna's Diary

I haven't seen him for one week perhaps...hope he is ok... Doorie, am I being concerned for him? Is it concern? Maybe... What do you say?

You are my bestie, Doorie....I wish my bestie could talk to me anyway..


Fred's Diary

Tomorrow is the day. I kinda feel I miss her? No, I can't miss her... she is my job!


30th September 2010

Luna's Diary

Guess what Doorie! Yeah you guessed it right... he came today... at the station, near the bookshop, at his usual spot. As I see him, he is a bit different today, I feel. He wore a black Matt hoodie with faded jeans and a headset hung around his neck, a silver watch on the wrist and Nike shoes- all the accessories I love! Maybe I didn't mention he looked so cute in those. The hoody kept him in a mysterious shadow. And in the compartment he sat right in front of me. This made me feel damn awkward! And I took the headphone right in my ears and kept my eyes shut until I reach my stop.


Fred's Diary

Work half done...from the next week it's gonna be an everyday routine...

Ummm... she looked more beautiful as she closed her eyes to emerge in the world of music. At times I could see some head nods and leg beats with the beats of music which made me blush after a long time.

I don't know why I felt to dress up as Luna likes and I don't even like being dressed up like that...


1st October 2010

Luna's Diary

I hope I could see him today....but....

Wait! What? Am I missing him??


Fred's Diary

Blank


7th October 2010

Luna's Diary

This week was a super hectic one! Due to the strikes all over country I had to do extra hours after 5.... and I am tired....just waiting for the weekend. And tomorrow I am going to relax the whole day at home.... took a break from work!

Yahoooo!


Fred's Diary

The case of Luna resumes tomorrow... I need to stand there at 5:15.. and come up to her station... I don't know each time her case resumes I feel a new excitement, an enthusiasm....


8th October 2010

Luna's Diary

The whole day almost I was in bed with my favourite caramel popcorn... and I finished the Netflix series finally! I feel relieved now... I tried to make the choco fudge but.... come on Doorie! Don't think I have already messed up as usual... this time it was the best of the best , it tasted yummm... today is indeed a lucky day!


Fred's Diary

It all went in vein... I waited but she didn't come... I got the payment though....but this case is not just payments!


9th October 2010

Luna's Diary

Saw him after ages, I feel... But today, in his previous boring attires- suits, pants and shirts. I hate formal! He didn't even get in my compartment today.


Fred's Diary

I should concentrate on my job...Luna is a job...just a job.... But....

well, I felt her hair colour turned a bit reddish than previous, along the right of her cheek...


10th October 2010

Luna's Diary

What a date! 10-10-10!! What a memory! I went up to him today. He dressed formal. I stood by him and looked directly into his eyes, which took me are whole lot of courage! He stood still and didn't even look at me! But I could feel his awareness. I could feel him nervous. I cleared my throat and ask him if he could tell me why he was following me since past one month. He turned pale and seemed faded. Without looking at me he said, " sorry, I'm afraid I can't..." my heart sank a bit but I didn't lose hope. I asked him even then, " What's your name?" He replied," I... I'm sorry... I can't tell that even..." Uff... Wait Doorie! Let me write it in the form of dialogue below:

Me: oh come on! You can't say this, you can't say that....then stop following me, just let me go!

He: I really don't want this...but I can't.... please!

Me: no 'please' is gonna work! You come here...

I almost dragged him to the coffee shop

He: please don't... I'm a stranger to you..

Me: yeah... but I am no stranger, am I?

He: ummm.. nah..

Me: then coffee?

He: I don't think so...

Me: I think you should...see.... you shouldn't keep regrets...

He: why would I regret??

Me: for not spending time with me....for not taking my offer..

He: I... I won't... Won't have any regret....

Me: sit here and order...

He: you are so stubborn!

Me: yeah.. whatever!

He: 2 cappuccino please...

Me: see... I am no stranger to you!

He: you know... I mean... I love cappuccino, so I just ordered them...should I order something else for you?

Me: yeah... I know...you don't need to explain!

The order came faster than I expected...

Me: so what do you do?

He: can't say...

Me: what can you say?

He: don't know...

Me: what don't you know?

He: me..

Me: hmmm?

He: I don't know this ME...

Me: what ME?

He: nothing....

Me: hazy, cloudy, mystrious- that's what you are!

He: soon you'll know!

Me: eagerly waiting for it...

He: hah! Yeah....

And then we caught the commuter and got to the compartment and he sat right at my corner seat...I kept looking at that mystery...

Doorie, you know I am an introvert and I have rarely started a conversation before. But this time it was different... different than I thought...different I experienced... it was different indeed but a beautiful one...


Fred's Diary

I tried hard, no! Harder...may be the hardest...to stay away, not to talk, not to give any bell to her... but I could hardly ignore her...she is a wind that blew me away somewhere I don't even know, and I can't even come back, I don't even want to come back....

We had a cup of coffee together. Maybe the best cappuccino I have ever tasted! I am not a fan of cappuccino... but this time it tasted like... I don't know what I can say, but is just amazing... that's what it felt...

she is a lively soul with a pure heart... maybe that's what drags me towards her... but I know I know it very well, it is not my principle...no way my business principle... things are going out of my hand, I can't stop myself now.. not anymore.. but I know I need to because I am paid for this. As soon this thing ends I'm gonna walk up to her and say what I feel...


22nd February, 2011


Doorie: will you see my pages further? or shall I narrate the rest?

Fred's Diary: please, no! No narration now! I have a lot more to show...

Me: please, Doorie don't mind I want to see your pages...

Doorie: so you think I am not a good narrator, don't you?

Me: let me see some more pages. I'll tell you when to narrate...and you are the diary of a pretty good narrator...of course, you are a good narrator no doubt!

Doorie: I am pleased however....

Fred's Diary: shall we continue?

Me: oh! Certainly..


13th October 2010

Luna's Diary

Now he doesn't talk to me, even I try hard. I feel he has a strong motive. And now I don't know whether he's safe for me. But I have seen that slight inclination towards me in him. I don't feel to doubt him but I cannot help doubting him.


Fred's Diary

Blank


17th October 2010

Luna's Diary

Today some.... I don't know who...kind of attacked me... and he was there in my compartment. Everyone out there was petrified, but he was in the search of right moment. As two of them got hold of me, he got up and shot them right at their neck by hand and they fell on the ground...dead or senseless, I don't know... he hold my hand and guided me to his seat and said, "please, sit here" and I sat there to see the rest of his actions. As the two men laid on the ground, some passengers of the commuter stood up and they gave a number of passengers a kind of signal and almost all got up.... and the rest is a terrible story... I don't want to write...


Fred's Diary

I can barely hold this pen....my job's done... Luna I'm free... Free to come to you...


18th October 2010

Luna's Diary

It was my dad's birthday today... and this time I went to his office to give him a surprise and take him to the movie! But whatever I saw left me thunderstruck...

He- bandaged by some gauges, some tapes, his hands and legs all wounded.... and he's talking to my dad...

Dad: so thank you for your assistance...must say you are well enough... maybe more than I thought!

He: oh! please don't thank me... that's just my job...

Dad: the job, you handled well...

He: thanks sir...

Dad: so the payment? by cheque? or cash?

He: whichever you prefer...

I overheard these conversations...and right then I got in...dad was surprised indeed and pleased... dad doesn't know that I know him...

Me: Happy birthday dad!

Dad: Oh sweetie! You didn't go to work?

Me: I took a break to take you to the theatre.. you will come nah?

Dad: sure, my love...

Dad looks at him and says, "Mr Fred just a minute, please"

Fred: it's fine, please continue... and happy birthday sir...

Dad: oh...thanks!

Dad heads towards the vault and he asks me to stay at his room.. now it's me and him, Fred...

Me: Fred? Nice name..

Fred: umm...hmm...

Me: clear this...

Fred: sorry?

Me: what are you doing here? who are you? why were you following me? What's your job and what.......

Fred: oh wait! let me answer... at least give me some time...

Me: yeah, answers... go ahead....

Fred: well as you know I'm Fred.. Albert Fred... I'm....am a...well it's secret though...a detective, a spy...and that's my job...

Me: and Dad gave you the job of?

Fred: of...following you...

Me: me? following me? why?

Fred: He believes you're in danger. Your dad knew it and was quite sure someone would try to hurt you, because of his business deals and all that. So, he hired me to investigate and also to follow you to your home so that you remain safe... that's it..

Me: And?

Fred: And what?

Me: Nothing?

Fred: I am sorry I didn't get you...

Me: you have anything else to say?

Fred: a lot...

Me: just say it then....

Fred: not that easy....

Me: make it easy...

Fred: so, can we meet? tomorrow? at the coffee shop?

Me: sure, but this time order your favourite one, Fred....

He looked at me with a smile, a smile of acknowledgement....


Fred's Diary

Tomorrow is the day...got to tell her...I'm nervous...maybe for the second time....no, third time in my life....


19th October 2010

Luna's Diary

Met him...as I expected he......Ok, here's the conversation we had...

Me: so what's the order today?

Fred: a Cappuccino and a Black coffee...

Me: that's....a horrible choice!

Fred: to you maybe...

Me: yeah...whatever...

Fred: hmmm...

Me: so what's that A LOT you had to say?

Fred: umm... well.... I....I guess....I kind of like you?

Me: are you asking me?

Fred: no, I mean... I like you...

Me: like me?

Fred: love you...

Me: love?

Fred: not yet that intense....

Me: ok, not intense love...

Fred: it's like...........ummm....

Me: so no love?

Fred: I don't think it reached there...

Me: then...crush?

Fred: ummm... Yeah... that's....around it...

Me: ok, I got it....more than a crush.... less than love..

Fred: hmmm... Kind of like that...

Me: hmm...

Fred: hmmm....

Me: come on...don't make me feel awkward now!

Fred: I don't intend to....

Me: the order is late today....

Fred: hmmm...

Me: why do you like black coffee?

Fred: resembles my life...

Me: no sugar?

Fred: nope...

Me: not a bit?

Fred: nah!

Me: woow! Huh... Good!

Fred: better perhaps....

Me: "Good" was sarcastic, idiot!

Fred: even "better" was sarcastic, idiot!

Me: you just.......?

Fred: you did it too....

Me: I.....ok, I'm sorry....

Fred: hey! nothing to say sorry here... it's you and me....no "sorry" required!

Me: you and me?

Fred: yeah!

Me: OK!!

Fred: now you make me feel awkward!!

Me: oh sorry...sorry, no "sorry"....no "sorry"...

The order comes....

Me: cappuccino is the best...

Fred: yeah since I've tasted it I feel it's actually better than this one... no sarcasm!

I just smiled at him....I had nothing else to say...the other talks where mere.... and I don't even remember them all...


Fred's Diary

uff... at last...I said it...just said it.... but I feel I actually love her... I don't know what it is...I guess I'm actually hazy...mysterious... so hazy that I can't even see myself... nor understand myself..


22nd February 2011

Doorie: may I narrate now?

Me: ummm... Yeah...

Fred's Diary: the only significant page he wrote after it was- " I love you Looney...please never leave me... You know I don't know me... you do"

Doorie: but she wrote a lot of pages after that... OK then let me narrate.... " They met a couple of times the next week... She had a plan to surprise him and she talked to her dad one morning about her feelings for him...

For her dad, her mum is always a sweet memory and what he used to feel for her was beyond everything else.... so he could clearly understand Luna's feelings and gave his consent to this matter. He further said that he wanted to visit Fred at Fred's house the next morning.

Luna met Fred that evening but she didn't tell him about her dad visiting his home the next day.

Next morning as they reached there, they had to attend his funeral. She wrote in these pages-

" His soul. I brought a mere piece of his soul with me. His diary. I know it's less. But no less than nothing of him. I can never get him. His diary would be my companion throughout my life.

Today I saw tears roll down dad's cheeks and he said , 'I wish I didn't hire him' "

Me: thanks for your cooperation, Doorie...

Doorie: do give him justice...

Me: surely I'll ensure their justice... no matter what!

Fred's Diary: she died?

Me: murdered... The next day after Fred was killed...

Fred's Diary: she never left him.....


"Miss Granger? Who are you talking to?!"

"Me, the 'me' I still don't know."

April 14, 2020 10:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.