Soul Winner. Seed Planter. And You.

Written in response to: Start your story with a character staring at a picture they don’t remember taking.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Inspirational Teens & Young Adult

Happy Easter to the You that is today.

And.

The You that you hope to be tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

And.

So on and so on.


The good news.

Every day.

There are “win win” choices to make.

Everyday.


One may say that punishment isn’t supposed to feel good.

Is supposed to “teach us something.”


Personally. This is a confusing concept. One that takes too much draining energy out of the body. And especially the soul. Ours souls are our personalities and our thoughts all rolled into one.


One.

One Love.

One Life.

One.


When and how we choose to share ourselves with others can be a cross between beautiful and wonderful to over commitment and the spreading of thinness.


It can take a lifetime to come to terms with the way we were raised.

Or.

We can, on our own terms and with God,

Get to work.


As children. All the way into adulthood, middle age and the “golden years”. We think, at times, we are owed something, anything. To lie back, put our feet up and say, “I deserve this.”


No one is owed anything—good or bad.

Mistakes are the way we learn. The good. The bad.

The worst thing to possibly think is, “I wish I knew.”

And.

”I wish I knew now what I knew then.”


Would life really be easier?

I dunno.…….yet to figure that out.


Choosing the right friends. The ones NOT to get in trouble with. “Hanging out but not quite fitting in. Didn’t know that being different. Really wouldn’t be the end.” (BO)


The good news. There are adults in the room.

Good adults. In the room. Adults who walk the walk. Talk the talk.

Seek to be a seed planter to nurture souls of a good and honorable persons.


True: Parents are people too.

Flawed individuals who are supposed to “know everything”.

They ARE the boss of us, when we are young.

We test the waters. They row us back in if we get in too deep.

We do it again.

Because they love us.


Astute individuals are born and developed through trials and hardships. It is not always best to look the other way. Oftentimes, lately especially, the adults in the room seem to have forgotten this.


So.

We rebel.We feel stuck. We no longer want the boss of us to be the boss of us.


We lie.

We cheat.

We behave recklessly.

Mostly.

Because we are scared.


Fear can be a powerful unpleasant motivator. What it teaches us is the foundation of ourselves. What we are made of. Strength. Or. Weakness. A sad, but true idea about change is that one has to WANT to change.A behavior. An attitude.


Not just an “out with the old, in with the new” change—one to get to the next want—a bonafide one where the seed planted actually has an opportunity to grow.


Into a beautiful tree.

A tree of life.


Along the way, joys and heartaches with render the roadblocks and pot holes impossible to take, too challenging to overcome. The navigation is too glitchy and we lose our way.


We struggle to remember and desperately want to forget at the same time. We numb the pain. Cookies, candy other adult-like stuff too.


And we are hooked on the euphoric feeling of the high we never earned the stripes to fight. We fall. We fail. Do the time of the time.


The bad time.

In our fast paced word with our faces buried deep within our hand-screens, we are not even paying attention, close enough attention anyway. To what it going on around us.


A classmate hurting.

A friend hurting.

A brother hurting.

A sister hurting.

A mother hurting.

A father hurting.

A neighbor hurting.


As a young person, the joys of life can be shared all the time with the adults in the room. Believe it!! One small smile or kind word can mean all the difference in the world.


There is no such thing as a small act of kindness.


Soul Winner.

Seed Planter.

Win. Win!!


Sometimes adults can be scary. Intimidating. So busy. They really aren’t. They do, however, forget what is most important sometimes.


Please forgive them. Their souls must be re-booted from time to time. They have learned the “in and outs”. Sometimes they are not good.


The good news. One smile is the seed you can plant. Daily. Whether it grows is up to the receiver of your gift. But at the end of the day, when all else seems worthless.


Your worth as a Child of God is great. Sharing it is even greater. Imagine this, if you get a hold of an adult that is astute—- you most likely just won over their soul as well.


A Win Win!


Kids have power!

Hurray.


Make a choice.

Put down the phone.


They really are only an obstacle in the way of your garden. Your growing You. The phones, the pictures are but one tool in your toolbox of daily activities.


”No way.” You say. I could never not have my phone with me.


A promise to you.


Yes. You can.

And.

You will survive!! Instead look into the eyes, the face of your friend in real time😊😃.


Adults have learned that the eyes are the window to the soul.

You are just learning this important growth step in life.


Think about it for a second. When you feel ashamed, where do you look?


Down, right? Away from God.


When you are happy, where do you look?


Up, right? In the direction of God.


Cool!

Huh!

How can one be a seed planter or soul winner?

Your choice.

But choices that the adults need right now.


Kids have power!

Adults are people too.

Show them the joyful ways of living.

Uncomplicated and in service of others.


The phone. The pictures. The candy crushes.

Will all be there for another day.

We only have so much time to make a positive difference.


You.

Are the positive difference.

Be the change You want to see.


Soul Winner.

Seed Planter.

Yes.

And.

Yes!!


Now! Get to work on it! 😃








.








March 31, 2024 11:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.