0 comments

Black Fiction Crime

“ Why leave them?, I can’t.”

“Then, do something about it and stop murmuring beside me”

“ Of course, I plan to do serious something about it”

“ And, what is that you plan to do?”

“ Why do you want to hear now?, you said that I was murmuring earlier beside you.”

“ Yeah, that is what you are still doing”

“ Then, let forget it. My next move is in my mind”

“ Who would you talk to this time, police?”

“ Ah, I may be 7 years, but I am not stupid. Why call them, they too is in this scheme”

“ Your father?, what is even his stand in all this?”

“ He is not interested. He has tried and gave up”

“ Then who, the king?”

“ I have written and talk to him, but he seems to be following the voice of the majority”

“ Then what now?”

“ I will let you know within two days if you are still interested”

“ Let me know too what actually they planned to rewards the people with, money or certificate of honour?”

“ I am not interested in that aspect, I just want to teach those crooks a lesson”

“ Just lessons?, don’t you know that those crooks are dangerous, they can knock you out if you become a headache to them”

“ I am a headache already, maybe they are headache unto themselves they are the ones lying none stop, the lies is not even about to stop for previous ones needs to be covered. Failing to do so, they would shoot themselves on the foot “

“ Alight, but don’t say you don’t know the danger involved in the journey you are embarking”

“ More dangerous one have been fought, why not this minor one”

“ But, hint on what your plans are. Are you trying to contact the military?”

“ mili who?, who is interested on anyone on uniform?”

“ Then talk, what are you planning to do?”

“ Forgive my murmuring beside you, I won't any more.”

“ No, you can murmur all you care now, but keep yourself alive”

“ As long as you keep your mouth shut, this plan would succeed hundred percent”

“ My mouth is always shut, I don’t vibrate like a broken record. Above all, there is nothing to vibrate on.”

“ It’s better that way. You can endanger yourself if you know more the way I am seeing you. Has it ever occur to you that those crooks might knock you out too as co-plotter to the plan?”

“ please, it is better I don’t know much, I don’t plan to leave this planet so soon, I have not witnessed anything”

“ Well, you are about to witness mighty things. Count yourself blessed.”

“ No, I don’t want hypertension blessing. It sounds negative”

“ Blessings from dare occasions like this are enduring. They last for generations”

“ No, my generation and those before it are blessed already, this one would be overflowing one which equals overdose”

“ But jokes apart, have you entered into agreement with any mighty man?”

“ Agreement,?, I don’t enter into agreement with anyone, I tends to challenge the powers that be”

“ The powers that be don't believe you, and I am not sure they want to change their mind any time soon”

“ This time, they would not have choice but to change those minds by force. Failing to do so would amount to conspiracy”

“ Are you serious?, you want to accuse people you suppose to be reporting to?, then who will you report them to?, African union or united nation?”

“ Both if possible. I pray it doesn’t get to that level. But if it warrants that, I am set to go all the way”

Lucy was still vibrating when they got to the school gate. As Amelian was putting her leg across the gate, she was surprised to see Lucy walking past the gate.

“ Where are you going to now?”

“ I will let you know when I came back?”

“ Is it now you are moving this your motion?, I thought you said two days time?”

“ Time is not my friend, don’t you hear what the king said two days ago?, they would be rewarding those crooks in four days time”

“ But you still need to attend classes. Secondly, it will not be intelligent to meet your united nation or whoever on school uniform. They will found fault with you for skipping class”

“ That is the weapon I tends to use to capture their interest. I tends to play on their sympathy”

“ You are planning on manipulating united nation?, you are really playing this your cards wrongly”

“ That is your calculations and judgement. People I plan to see don't have interest on the issue. They would pay attention. They are smart lots”

“ So, what would I say to the teacher about your absence?”

“ Tell them that I am who I am, and you are who you are. We are not from the same family. You don’t look like my sister let alone my mama”

“ How do you mean?, am I not beautiful or intelligent enough to be your sister?”

“ Ah, you are certainly intelligent enough to be my sister but you are not. I will answer for myself when they see me”

“ Ok, I don’t have the gut to answer the teacher in such manner, when asked, I will just tell them that you went to the united nation or Jupiter”

“ Please, don’t mention united anything, they might put two and two together to arrive at the correct answer. Don’t blow my plans to the high heavens I beg you in the name of God”

“ All right, I don’t even know where you’re going or who you plans to see. My two and two together have been turning out wrong assumptions. Why should theirs be right?”

Lucy was sure her plans would amount to something. “how can who claimed to be a custodian of trust work against his pupil?, even making me and my family an impostor. People that wants to reap where they do not sow. I can not leave that man his gang. Local Government chairperson is a very wise woman, she would ask intelligent questions.”

Last week, she was in the bush picking African star apples when she heard voices inside the bush. She creeped nearer to hear some men she recognised few that belonged to the rival town union group planning to blow the town hall to they kingdom come when the king and others were inside having meeting in forth coming general meeting. She had reported all she heard the plotters said to her teacher, the crook had side lined her and went to the king and town union executives who invited police and large quantities of the ammunitions seized, plotters arrested. 

     The teacher and the headmaster had claimed the credit as being the ones that uncovered the plot and when she had raised her voice, she was labeled:

   ‘Funny small girl, just being mischievous' 

September 11, 2021 07:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.