Vociferously mulct

Written in response to: Write a story about someone coming across their doppelganger.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Friendship Mystery

Burning down the house =Burning a hole in someone’s pocket.

Same difference.

The difference is the same.


Is it what you value?

It is what you value?


For creature comforts.


Creature comforts pay top dollar?

How comfortable are you.

How comfortable would you like to cause another to be.

And. Why? For what purpose.


To be. Or. Not to be.

That is the question.

(Hopefully the kind folks who sit in the death panels of others have mercy on their fellow man.) Time will tell. It usually does.


But.

Time. A good time.

It needs to be earned.

Trust.

Faith.

Interaction.


Otherwise.

It is just stalking another.

For the sake of,

stalking.

Hovering.

Keeping “in the know.”


People talk.

Money talks.

People talk.

Money talks back.

Like a selfish little child who does not get their way and has managed to “hoodwink” a bus load of minions into their corner,


using their cuteness, of course.


The cute guy. The cute girl.

We have been at this place before.

Battle tested.

Battle born.

Our first cries are the ones responded to. Subsequent cries often go unheard.


There are no short cuts.

There are, however, short changes happening.


Shell it out, to your hearts content now.

Worry about the later, later. Lavish lashing out may have you cashing out that which you do not have… paying through the nose…will get the sniffles moving. But it may not or will not settle things.


Use discretion.

It is discretionary to use discretion.

What does it look like to you?

Balance.

The balance.

Settlement.


Beware of the quiet ones.

The loud ones too.

The stalkers lurk above and beyond.


Unfortunate as it may seem, have earned wisdom is battle tested wisdom. It behooves us to pay attention. In the most benevolent manner.

And.

Experience can be the ultimate teacher.


Prefer to share the endless possibilities of cynicism.

No.

Not because I am a,

cynic.

Prefer to describe it more as a

Realist.


Unicorns and rainbows exist in our fantasy worlds to help talk us down from the ledges of our lives. Every day of our life. It behooves us to not get “hoovered” (sucked in) to the niceties of it “all.”


Reminder: I, unlike you, was not born yesterday.

I vociferously argue against your being used and eaten as the vegetable in the dip. Smashed to smithereens and unrecognizable by and of life’s situations and circumstances. Some folks intentions and motivations.


Many people are not nice.

Advantageous.

But.

Not nice.

Tough love is.

Tough.


When thinking about what to share, ask yourself, “Do I wish someone had told me this sooner.” “I wish I had figured this out sooner.”


It is impossible to know everything.

I don’t know.

Is an acceptable answer.

If you really do and did not know.


Mystery seekers consult the ultimate book of lessons. Pour over its contents like pouring catsup on the hot dog (pigs in a blanket must be “dipped.”) Oh. The dances in life we choose to participate in can have us hungry for more truth.


Bringing the tough love of life is one of life’s greatest mysteries.

Know where to go to find the answer……..

Lest you be the latest “cut” in the local cost cutting efforts and events.


Ouch.

Memories can be short.


The good news: I don’t forget.

The bad news. I don’t forget.


What say you?

I thought so.

Or. I thought not.


Hey.

Any one of us can look “good” with a little “repair”, restoration and renovation. The facade is called a facade for a reason. Dopplegangers everywhere are not the spice of life.


And.

Some people never give up.

On the bad things. In life.


That may be why discovering the mysteries is so darn difficult.

Extraction is taking money from someone by fine or taxation. Mulct has Latin roots. The “fine” sense is still in use, mostly in legal contexts.😳.🤔


”You do the crime, you pay the time. And fine.

Sometimes. The process IS the punishment.

Punitive and Punishable. We have all sinned against one another and in order to improve. We must recognize the error of our ways.


There is, or should not be any skating through…..

’Cept.

There is.


I have no answers. Still trying to figure out this thing called life. What I have learned is that there a price to pay for naïveté.

I have paid dearly. Possibly, still am. However life has led me to a place I never thought would exist.


Trust. In a handful of peeps has turned my perspective around. Baby steps. Even the closest of the so called significant persons of the family of origin in our life will attempt and oftentimes succeed in the game of “bunco” with your life. They will proceed to diddle, tip, goldbrick, hornswoggle, noble, rook, scam, short-change, swindle and victimize.


In order to get their way.

And, oh yeah.

Play nicey-nice too.


Never did I say life would be easy.

However, once time leads you to a place where trust is rebuilt.

Salute the persons in your corner.


Those who may have struggled down here on earth, are and have paved the way for you.


Keep them in your hearts. Keep them in your minds…..you will never go wrong with this. Perhaps the account, the accounting may “look” less than it is.


But it is for a reason. Only He holds the key.

As the broken down barnacle barge and the rickety house get ready to tumble. crumble.


Care is as care does.

There is no slighting allowed.

In His great mysterious way.


Because down here. On earth. The hornswogglers are everywhere in all shapes and sizes, hair colors and shades. Budinskis too. Pretending to care and care are two separate actions. Reactions too. Pressing upon others to feel inferior is just, well,


mean.


Cheat and fraud=Fraud and Cheat.

It is difficult to “stuff” down the feelings that ride along with these two “beauts.”


No amount of lipstick can cover up the deceit.

The ole “perfume on a pig” story…..Have a look at the story…it will teach you so much.


The best we can do?

Practice what we preach.

From the moment our eyes open to when we close them at night—wherever that is, may be.


A good conscience can be the rest the crooked smile needs, the furrowed brow, too.


Would never try and deceive you.

Experience has been my best teacher.

Share and share alike.

The good.

The bad.

The ugly.

The beautiful.


There is enough of all of the four to go around. Warning. Proceed with extreme caution. Word on the street says there exists a shield among the good that should not be messed with.


Should you decide to, may God have mercy on your soul🙏🏻🙂


Good day!




November 21, 2023 16:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.