0 comments

Drama

I was in grade 11 when I met him, the city girl whom just relocated to rural areas ready to cause a scene from the fast life to a slowly developing areas. I am used to carry money for my lunch at school or be given money whenever I lied to mum or dad. Now I am at this rural boring place with this old granny who expect me to carry porridge and whatever relish when I go to school I felt bad I was gonna be laughing stock. It was month end when I was send by granny to go withdraw her Sassa grant pension funds even thou it wasn't much but she can cover all her need with it. I was given money to go but no money to return when was on the Queue not far from being the one to make withdraw. It was when we met (stranger) I been opened enough to him, polite to this handsome gold tooth man. He gave me card and pin code told me an amount to withdraw for him I didn't want but he promised me 50rand I ever do him the favour I agreed (For the love of money ready to cause a scene) due to I thought I was helping and I was gaining something in return. I attended ATM machine I thought of using his card to withdraw for him 1st but unfortunately card says insufficient funds I called him so he can see the massage from screen, he came over as instructed we check it once again and he said I should try to withdraw using my card and I put card in the slot machine after I entered a pin he was looking away but soon as I pushed withdrawal 1000rands i heard machine counting money he banged the machine on the left side swearing dammit (about to cause a scene) the ATM machine Frozen. I am waiting for money to come out but nothing coming out he asked if I remove the card perhaps it might work I did and nothing worked out. I asked him to remove it for me since he is the man he got strengths that wat god built them for to help us when we as woman struggle but unfortunately I just raised a snake mamba to come bite me . He pulled card out but something also happened cards are exchanged without me realise (scene is unsedn) during confusion of frozen machine and for the stucked money in the machine I was asked to go call for security with luck and God's mercy on my side instead of leaving I just saw security and yelled n when she was coming he left my side that guy and security came and assist rescue me and I got the money I was so relieved and security called me told me he was a scammer. I thought of it fast check my card I find it was wrong when I check he was leaving about to turn by building I yelled out loud ?about to cause a scene) and as he was afraid of Mob community he throw card by the corner and disappeared when I turn by corner the card was on the floor I just picking it up and went to taxi rank before I loose that money.

I sat on the bench waiting for taxi to get filled up with passenger so we can go but it was taking long I decided because it takes time I go to hiking spot, here comes the taxi from town I hike they told me to sneak in. I wanted to pay but driver said I wasn't seating comfortable I should pay half price I paid but didn't have change so he told me to hold on it.I got to the point l thought all man wanted someone who is not afraid to speak up their mind. I was supposed to get off at our local crossing centre but instead cause I didn't pay the taxi driver ask for his money as he holding my change he asked me if we can drop everyone on the other station we will get at carwash he will ask change he knows the have it cause they worked he saw them.

We stopped by carwash he went out and ask for change but never got it, he came back we continue to next station we traveled and arrived at the station everyone get off.

As we arrive at taxi station I can see that she ain't saying a thing I went to ask for change and thanks to God I got it(before she cause a scene). I came back gave her change I can seen she has something in her mind and she was bothered by something I asked her i could offer her ice cream. There she goes smiling again and said yes please do due to how I mistreat her, I have to replace it with it (change of the scene). We laughed about it and we arrived at carwash I ordered two ice cream and hers was special with Oreo cookies on it like McFlury but we all know McD is a classic, I told her to be enjoying it while I still talking with gents I can't drive eating/licking ice cream it wi district my driving.

I asked her to change and play whatever music she want so she doesn't get bored she did and find her favourite tunes singing along as well. I done eating ice cream I told gents I was bouncing they wish me luck safe trip we hit the road and we were singing along together like we best friends, we got to crossing I asked if I should leave her at crossing rank or we going straight home she said home.

We passed by crossing as I hooted to others I know I changed also play her my favourite jam she was high on it the behaviour was those showing a person enjoying the moment. Soon as the music got Deep I also turned the conversation upside down and it get deep too adult talk, she was trying to deny my approach but I pin her on the wall with questions till she felt helpless no way to run/escape or don't know how to escalate conversation anymore. We ain't yet dating but it seems promising As much I know the fast life from the city or urban areas you need to be act like one as well, before we reach her home we were like bird of same features flying together she didn't want her granny to see her so I respect her wish dropped her off asked for her cellphone number and she gave them and I told her I buzzed her granny's phone she should check missed call from numbers that end with 61.

I did return home to park my taxi, when I was about to park she did me place call I didn't waste anymore I called her immediately she asked me what time am I leaving to town she would like to get lift I told her the time she said I should come pick her up. We hang up but I am definitely sure the conversation kept continue in our minds even after we hang up the call she thought of me and I did with her. The fact was she told me everything about herself but me I didn't disclose everything she didn't ask me, in my mind saying she will find out later.

Come the next day I wake up bathed wear my leggings and short skirt above my knees I went to school my granny was even swearing at me but I didn't care I went on to school Fridays feels like there shouldn't be school at all cause we attend half day so we might not do anything at all till school out. When we walk with other girls you can see how these man look at us like pitbull seeing chop steaks for snack, you can hear from greetings some are forced to get response that these ain't lions they're prey ready to eat any weak omnivores.

It was funny how we tease them at school when we got there they felt the heat same with girls felt our presence.

We attended and given assignment for weekend so came time to knock off, I left all my friends behind due to principal was going my direction I asked for lift and it was granted to leave me half way home. We travelled and thanks to God he never entertain me with parental guidance, foolishness he saw the skirt but he decided to keep it to himself. He dropped me not far from home where by I can walk with 15minutes I will be home.

I got home I didn't find my granny as I am expecting to use her phone to call the rider so I can go to town to buy groceries, she wasn't around I was so sad pissed I took clothes off and changed wear home clothes I can use to clean.

I cleaned 100% neat and spotless shiny floors and switch on TV start watching my favourite programs, the old woman came back and she was happily I cleaned.

She gave me money for tomorrow to go buy groceries I told her I was supposed to go today I asked for lift and she responded by saying even tomorrow I can still go, as much I was not in the mood I respected her by being quiet but deep down was like I could slap her just to connect her tongue with brains so she can listen to herself before speaking.

I even lost interest to call the guy and apologize for the inconvenience.

Here i am driving doing up end downs as I seen that school was out hoping to hear back from the new friend but nothing coming my way. Here i am jumping to pick up phone and check everything even the promotion adverts from those subscriber today got my attention. I saw sunset time realise that plan for being with her didn't work and I wasn't going to call I wanted an notification to transform.

City girl who is about the Scenes

By Shiko Mathabatha

August 06, 2021 00:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.